I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate when it feels like a waste of a credit- or worse, waste to pay for.

That is so, so exciting and so generous of you to gift them some of their honeymoon. I know you said maybe not Mexico, but I think a super romantic Mexico trip would be the Waldorf Astoria Los Cabos Pedregal for several days, as well as potentially Mexico City/Pueblo/San Miguel Allende. It could be a really nice balance of luxury, food and culture. Reviews for the WA Pedregal are in my signature-- this would be an amazing honeymoon destination. Not all-inclusive, though.
I actually remember reading your review and it was impressive. I think I will take a look at that because it’s definitely a region of Mexico she’s never been to so it would be interesting to them. We’ve basically just done Cancun and Cozumel a few times.

DD got engaged on Saturday- planning a summer 2023 wedding- probably July- so a little over a year to plan. I'm looking for destination ideas for their honeymoon that could be a good redemption for me to use for them. I think ideally they'd like some type of Caribbean/beach vacation and it would be great if it was all inclusive. DD would like to go somewhere besides Mexico just because she'd like to go somewhere she hasn't been before, but not entirely opposed to Mexico. We have lots of Hilton points and opportunites for FNCs, but also have lots of URs we could transfer to Hyatt. We don't have much in Marriott and they seem more difficult to earn for us. I had looked at the Hilton La Romana in DR and also Jamaica Rose Hall (where I know you can use points but not FNC) so would appreciate feedback from anyone who has been to either of those. Also any other suggestions are welcome and appreciated!
The Hyatt Regency Aruba is fabulous! Not all-inclusive but if you have globalist status the free breakfast and lounge access are nice perks. The Hyatt Ziva in the DR gets good marks too.

Regarding the extra bonuses, if they already give 5X for gas on the IHG Premier and the extra bonus is 7X for gas, do they stack? I am guessing they don't but it would be great if they did.
Perhaps for the Chase cards that earn UR's, but with IHG you are getting their points. I just checked my Chase Marriott card, I have a 5X bonus on groceries, gas, and home improvement but the fine print says I will get an additional 2 points on top of the 3 I am already getting on groceries, so no stacking there.

Just realized I missed a CFF payment 😥 I use a system to track which cards are due, how much, and due dates (since we have so many, it's impossible to keep track another way). I had it checked off that I paid this one, but then I was checking our bank this morning and realized it never came out. So I logged in and sure enough it shows they never got a payment. UGH!!!! It's less than a week past the due date. (Was due on 6/26 and I paid this morning 7/1.) I already sent a message asking for forgiveness on any late fees they may charge. Do you guys think this will be reported as a late/missed payment on credit report? I can't believe this happened. First time ever 😭

Glad to hear you guys had a great trip! We decided to cancel (postpone) our YNP/Tetons trip because they were saying that the North Loop would be closed for the rest of the season, and with the license plate system we thought we'd only be able to enter the park every other day, and when we go we want the full, unrestricted experience. After we cancelled and re-booked everything, then of course they announced the North Loop would open this weekend, and alternate license plate system suspended, so we could've kept our planned trip in August. Oh well. I guess we pulled the plug too early. We are hoping to go next summer instead.

We replaced it with a trip to Zion/Bryce, which has also been on our list, so not all is lost. It's costing us less actual money all around, with the exception being flights (cost a LOT more points than the YNP trip was going to).

Yeah, the news was so dire at first, we were literally contemplating canceling until 48 hours before our trip. Some of the discourse elsewhere (tripadvisor boards) was a huge conflict of "STAY HOME" and "that's not what the NPS is saying". I don't blame you for changing plans with more time to do so. We ended up spending about $1000 more than planned because we replaced 3 nights in cheap cabins in Yellowstone (Roosevelt lodge, though it's also our favorite) with Signal Mtn Lodge which was $200 more / night. We also were double booked for that final night when we grabbed a cabin in Yellowstone when it opened.

Also -- Hertz screwed me over. I'm President's club and did get a "free" upgrade, but the rate wasn't correct ($200 more). I tried to get the desk agent to help and she wasn't interested. I didn't even THINK to pull up the Hertz app (our travel day was crazy, delays, rebookings, terrible turbulence) and was just ready to get on with our trip. As soon as we got in the car I pulled up the app and screen shot it. I guess the BZN Hertz is a different kind of franchise because Hertz support said I had to call them directly. Who then said I needed to email someone...and now it's been 3 days with no reply.

Just realized I missed a CFF payment 😥 I use a system to track which cards are due, how much, and due dates (since we have so many, it's impossible to keep track another way). I had it checked off that I paid this one, but then I was checking our bank this morning and realized it never came out. So I logged in and sure enough it shows they never got a payment. UGH!!!! It's less than a week past the due date. (Was due on 6/26 and I paid this morning 7/1.) I already sent a message asking for forgiveness on any late fees they may charge. Do you guys think this will be reported as a late/missed payment on credit report? I can't believe this happened. First time ever 😭
Most credit cards do not submit a late payment to credit agencies unless it’s more than 30 days late. So you should be good. I’ve done it maybe two times in my life time and they’ve never hit my credit reports.

Most credit cards do not submit a late payment to credit agencies unless it’s more than 30 days late. So you should be good. I’ve done it maybe two times in my life time and they’ve never hit my credit reports.
I had the same experience with Chase. I forgot to pay a new card, noticed quickly, sent a mea culpa message, and all was fine. It wasn't reported to the credit bureaus, and, even though I didn't ask, they credited back the late fee and interest charges.

I wanted to say thanks for the helpful advice received on this thread. Last night I booked an international flight for the first time.
Even though I wanted to use my UR points, the advice here to avoid the Chase portal was heeded, so I planned to transfer points. But then further advice showed me how to find points availability via point.me and then I used those results to compare the cost of points vs. cash on the recommended MMS points calculator. It turns out paying with points would cost me over $500 more than just paying outright.

So we booked directly for our daughter's semester abroad, $900 RT Chicago to London, including bags. Her days were firm, but we'd like to visit in October, so now that I'm getting the hang of this, I'll be looking for our own flight deals.
Thanks again for answering questions so thoroughly and kindly! :flower:

Yeah, the news was so dire at first, we were literally contemplating canceling until 48 hours before our trip. Some of the discourse elsewhere (tripadvisor boards) was a huge conflict of "STAY HOME" and "that's not what the NPS is saying". I don't blame you for changing plans with more time to do so. We ended up spending about $1000 more than planned because we replaced 3 nights in cheap cabins in Yellowstone (Roosevelt lodge, though it's also our favorite) with Signal Mtn Lodge which was $200 more / night. We also were double booked for that final night when we grabbed a cabin in Yellowstone when it opened.

Also -- Hertz screwed me over. I'm President's club and did get a "free" upgrade, but the rate wasn't correct ($200 more). I tried to get the desk agent to help and she wasn't interested. I didn't even THINK to pull up the Hertz app (our travel day was crazy, delays, rebookings, terrible turbulence) and was just ready to get on with our trip. As soon as we got in the car I pulled up the app and screen shot it. I guess the BZN Hertz is a different kind of franchise because Hertz support said I had to call them directly. Who then said I needed to email someone...and now it's been 3 days with no reply.
It doesn't surprise me that your trip cost more, with the last minute changes and adaptation you had to do. It was like sticker shock when I saw the prices of Teton rooms for the first time. And rental cars are already so expensive right now, to be overcharged is like robbery, lol. Hopefully you can get it sorted!

We rented a car from Turo for our Utah trip for about half the cost of what our YNP car was going to cost. Hoping all goes smoothly there. It'll be our first time using Turo. I'll report back for anyone that's interested! I did choose someone who has like 50 trips completed already and only all 5.0's for reviews.
I had the same experience with Chase. I forgot to pay a new card, noticed quickly, sent a mea culpa message, and all was fine. It wasn't reported to the credit bureaus, and, even though I didn't ask, they credited back the late fee and interest charges.
Well this is such a relief! Still can't believe I did that. Thank ya'll for your replies.

ETA: I received a message back from Chase. They said they credited the late fee, and interest charges. They also stated: "we report delinquency to credit bureaus when we do not receive the full minimum amount due for two consecutive months". So I guess I'll be good. But geez, I about had a heart attack this morning when I realized, lol. I am blaming this all on my desperate need for a vacation!!!!

Last edited:
My FIL applied for the CIP last night and got a message saying they needed more time. He has a legit business but I saw that it might be easier to apply with his SSN so that's what he did. He put in $250k which I thought was a bit high for these cards but it was lower than his annual income from the business. Should he have gone lower? What does he need to do right now?

I was approved for the hyatt biz last week Monday abd still haven't gotten the card. I need to have it by next sat for a vet bill. Should I call today or wait and see if it's in the mail tomorrow?

Normally I'd wait but with the holiday Monday it makes me think I should call this morning.

Jury duty is so random. I know people with multiple summons and some with none.

Preordering is a good idea based on our recent experience. Flying back from LHR on AA biz, I had made selections for all 3 of us. Imagine my surprise when the captain came on overhead to announce delays due to catering. He said they did not have enough meals and we would be waiting for them to arrive. 5 minutes later he comes back on to say the catering company cannot deliver all the meals for 3 hours so he is sending crew into the airport to find food. Preordered meals were delivered, the additional food was not. He also said if you thought this was poor service please complain to AA as they don’t listen to the employees complaints. 😳 He was clearly ticked off.
I have no idea what's been happening with the airlines recently.

Just wanted to follow up here and say I applied for the SW Priority yesterday and was approved. Thanks again for the feedback and helping make a logical choice. Looking forward to receiving it so I can start working on the SUB.

I have a sunpass for when we go down to Florida. I go into my account and put the rental car license plate number in, put the pass on the dashboard, close the rental car pass thing (so it doesnt register) and they automatically charge my account.
As I was reading through posts I noticed the rental car question. Has anyone tried to put a rental car license plate into their account and received an error message that it was already linked to another account? It's happened to me the last two times. I guess people forget to remove them after their vacations. I was told it's fine as long as mine is in the windshield, but it always makes me a little nervous!

I was approved for the hyatt biz last week Monday abd still haven't gotten the card. I need to have it by next sat for a vet bill. Should I call today or wait and see if it's in the mail tomorrow?

Normally I'd wait but with the holiday Monday it makes me think I should call this morning.
I've had great luck sending a SM and asking them to expedite it

It doesn't surprise me that your trip cost more, with the last minute changes and adaptation you had to do. It was like sticker shock when I saw the prices of Teton rooms for the first time. And rental cars are already so expensive right now, to be overcharged is like robbery, lol. Hopefully you can get it sorted!

We rented a car from Turo for our Utah trip for about half the cost of what our YNP car was going to cost. Hoping all goes smoothly there. It'll be our first time using Turo. I'll report back for anyone that's interested! I did choose someone who has like 50 trips completed already and only all 5.0's for reviews.

Well this is such a relief! Still can't believe I did that. Thank ya'll for your replies.

ETA: I received a message back from Chase. They said they credited the late fee, and interest charges. They also stated: "we report delinquency to credit bureaus when we do not receive the full minimum amount due for two consecutive months". So I guess I'll be good. But geez, I about had a heart attack this morning when I realized, lol. I am blaming this all on my desperate need for a vacation!!!!
I set up all my accounts for minimum autopay to help mitigate this issue. It avoids late fees and helps in those moments when things get crazy. I usually then go in and pay the balance in full once a month.

I applied for Chase Disney on June 17, a Friday and got mine on June 27, a Monday, so on the 7th business day or the 11th day after applying.

I'm reading that you applied on June 20th? That would already be 9 business days, counting today, 6/20 observed as a holiday. Do you check informed delivery?

I was getting itchy to call after a week, but once I got to that date I had to pay a $500 charge with another card, so I relaxed and it came, but certainly not as quickly as I wanted.

The return address on my card was Ohio, which is the same address my new US Bank (Old Radisson card) came from, jic you see an unmarked letter in Informed Delivery.

Ugh…i don’t think it will show up on your credit report……at least the student loans my sister in law took out in my MILs name (a long story)for her daughter didn’t they only showed up once they were 30-60 days past due

As far as the different due dates….I only use my Chase cards and what I’ve done is change all the due dates to the same date each month

Last edited:
I applied for Chase Disney on June 17, a Friday and got mine on June 27, a Monday, so on the 7th business day or the 11th day after applying.

I'm reading that you applied on June 20th? That would already be 9 business days, counting today, 6/20 observed as a holiday. Do you check informed delivery?

I was getting itchy to call after a week, but once I got to that date I had to pay a $500 charge with another card, so I relaxed and it came, but certainly not as quickly as I wanted.

The return address on my card was Ohio, which is the same address my new US Bank (Old Radisson card) came from, jic you see an unmarked letter in Informed Delivery.

I get the emails, that's how i know it's not there 🙂 at least my check from vsp for my eye dr appt is.

When I called last week he said 3 to 5 days so to me it should be here. And with a 5k spend I can't use a dif card and be ok when it's almost 400 at the vet.

I'll call once I get done with the Hilton chat. Lesson learned, call the diamond line, don't use chat. Also both have hours but neither tell you on the website so my call last night got disconnected when they closed. It's been at least 20 min and now tux needs to go out. I also need a snack. I didn't think it would take this long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter