I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone familiar with Airport Lounges. Which card is the best for this? For years I had
the Reserve and never use priority pass ...mainly because we never had time before boarding.

Now I want to look into it more. Is Amex platinum the best? Sometime this year I want to apply
for the Delta card because of flight itineraries. (I don't have the CSR anymore.) Thank you.

* I just read about the Platinum lounge access changes beginning next year. So for
a family that may be out.
I’m definitely not an expert, but I’m pretty sure the CSR PP is better than the Amex Plat PP because CSR includes the restaurant credit and Amex does not.

For anyone familiar with Airport Lounges. Which card is the best for this? For years I had
the Reserve and never use priority pass ...mainly because we never had time before boarding.

Now I want to look into it more. Is Amex platinum the best? Sometime this year I want to apply
for the Delta card because of flight itineraries. (I don't have the CSR anymore.) Thank you.
Amex Plat if you use airports that have a Centurion Lounge, but I like Venture X better if you think you'll be using mostly Priority Pass lounges.

So DH and I decided to take a Disney Cruise in January, I have 10% Office Depot offers on about 10 of our cards. How rude is it to use all 10 cards at once? I'll try to go early in the morning so hopefully it isn't too busy. What's the max number of cards you have used at once?

Small win for my CSR (that I forgot to cancel so have for another year)...they still partner with doordash so my doordash+ is good until 2024 (although I wonder if/when I cancel the CSR if that will get cancelled too??) and I wasn't aware that they went to monthly credits that are allowed to accumulate for 3 months. We were out of pill pockets and my doordash has Petsmart on their platform so I was able to order pill pockets, use a 50% off code plus the $15 I'd accumulated credited and even after a $10 tip to the driver I spent only $5.61 OOP. I stayed dry, the dogs were happy--not too bad for an overlooked credit ! :dogdance:

So DH and I decided to take a Disney Cruise in January, I have 10% Office Depot offers on about 10 of our cards. How rude is it to use all 10 cards at once? I'll try to go early in the morning so hopefully it isn't too busy. What's the max number of cards you have used at once?
go to disneygiftcard.com and combine them. You can combine it until the card reaches $1,000.

Do not throw the other cards away after combining them though in case something happens with your trip.

Small win for my CSR (that I forgot to cancel so have for another year)...they still partner with doordash so my doordash+ is good until 2024 (although I wonder if/when I cancel the CSR if that will get cancelled too??) and I wasn't aware that they went to monthly credits that are allowed to accumulate for 3 months. We were out of pill pockets and my doordash has Petsmart on their platform so I was able to order pill pockets, use a 50% off code plus the $15 I'd accumulated credited and even after a $10 tip to the driver I spent only $5.61 OOP. I stayed dry, the dogs were happy--not too bad for an overlooked credit ! :dogdance:
Yes unfortunately they no longer give you the $60 up front every year but at least it is something.
I just found out that you also get instacart credits of $15 a month and I believe they do petco not sure about petsmart though.

I’ve done 4-5 at a time before (because that’s all I had). I’m planning to do 7 tomorrow! I just always look at who is behind me and offer to let them go in front of me if they only have a couple of things. Fortunately our OD is never that busy.

I assume you mean credit cards and not disney gift cards.... I've used 3 but that is because I only had that many offers. I don't think 10 is rude but I'd be curious if the cashier gets annoyed. My OD has cashiers that I could see being annoyed by this and just telling me that was over the limit just to stop me.

Well as my mom went to apply for GE she discovered her passport expired back in March. I asked her about it when I booked the tickets for Ireland. She assured me she had several years left. UGH, LOL. Since it'll be likely a few months till she gets her new passport back, I went ahead and just applied for GE for my 13yo. That way my kids expire the same year, LOL.

* I just read about the Platinum lounge access changes beginning next year. So for

The Surpass comes w/ 10 passes, but you have a family, so that might not be the best option. Do you know where you will be going mostly? Like the lounge at DTW SUCKS! It's good for a pop, a bottle of water and a bag of pretzels, LOL. Lots of airports don't have lounges, they have minute suites or sometimes food offers. I'd look at where you might use it and then decide what card you might like.

I think to access the Delta lounges free you have to have the Reserve which is $450/year. With the Delta Plat you can buy a day pass for $30 or $40.

I assume you mean credit cards and not disney gift cards.... I've used 3 but that is because I only had that many offers. I don't think 10 is rude but I'd be curious if the cashier gets annoyed. My OD has cashiers that I could see being annoyed by this and just telling me that was over the limit just to stop me.
Yes, I meant credit cards.

Can OD do split payments? I've used 3 different cards at staples for one $200 VGC.

Any cards out there subsidizing Peacock subscriptions, either in part or entirely? Amex Plat is already subsidizing my Disney+.
I was on a 99cent offer from (I think) Amazon prime membership. When that was over I cancelled.
Didn't see anything interesting. I cancelled with online chat agent who mentioned they would
be having a different plan out. DH mentioned to me while I didn't find anything HE liked yellowstone.
So i went online and saw yes indeed they are putting out a 19.99 a year deal. I always see offers on
Chase/Amex/Capital one etc for 5.00 off. So stacking will make it cheaper.

https://tvline.com/2022/08/24/peacock-streaming-price-discount-next-day-nbc-shows/

As a family of 6, the CSR has worked out great for us. We each take in 2 kids and it saves me a ton of money on the food they would invariably want to eat in the food court plus they love to feel "special". We've used it in MIA (restaurant credit), Heathrow, DFW, and Vegas. My husband, and 10 year old came with me to the Centurion at MIA when the teens were so obnoxious that I just ditched them at the gate one early morning when the Priority Pass restaurant wasn't open.

I find that knowing there is a lounge at the airport helps to get us moving early. With the unpredictability of the security lines (even precheck....when your 18 year old forgets he had his fishing knife in his backpack), check in, and the possibilities for delays, we've come to like getting to the airport with time to spare <= this is not how I grew up, my dad found it a source of pride to arrive just before airplane doors closed.

Long time lurker. I have a question about paying off a furnace/AC loan with Plastiq and maybe the best card to use. It will be just under $10,000.

I would only use plastiq here to take advantage of a bonus on a new card. But I'm a bit worried about sending that large of an amount. I have a relationship with Plastiq for over 5 years, but very small amounts a few hundred dollars total each year at the most. Will they flag because all of a sudden, if I send a check that large. Also I hear about specials about plastiq waiving fees, but I never can find it.
And finally any advice on which card would make the most sense(cents). Im not real comfortable with some of the larger annual fee cards.

Credit card summary…

P1 (4/5)
US Bank Altitude 12/29/20
SW Plus 03/16/21
Sapphire Prefered 08/27/21
AMEX Blue 10/01/21

Business
INK & SW

P2 (3/5)
Wyndam 03/30/21
Disney 04/15/22
IHG 05/16/22

Business
INK

Thanks for any advice on this subject and thanks for all the past advice. This is probably the only site/website/blog that I have consistently read for the past few years.

Looks like Visa will no longer allow loan payments via Plastiq. Link :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter