I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much can be loaded onto Serve daily with a VGC? I did $600 a day last month and I was going to increase it this month but I'm confused by the website. Is a VGC load at FD considered Debit or Cash? If I'm reading this correctly, it says there is a limit of $200 per day using debit to add money.

Add Money:
Direct Deposit
(such as Tax Refunds, Government deposits, Salary and Payroll deposits)
$100,000 per year combined for all of your Serve Accounts
All Other Add Money Transactions
(i.e. Cash, Mobile Check Capture by Ingo® Money, Checking or Savings Account, Debit Card, American Express® Charge or Credit Card, Request/Receive Money Transactions, and Backup Funding)
Up to $10,000 per month and up to $100,000 per year combined for all of your Serve Accounts
(sub-limits as indicated below apply)
Cash$2,500 per day and $5,000 per month
$9,000 per day combined for all of your Serve Accounts
Mobile Check Capture by Ingo® Money$5,000 per day and $10,000 per month§‡
Checking or Savings Account$2,000 per month^
Debit Card$200 per day and $1,000 per month

There's a 150K MR for $6K MSR Amex Plat offer available now, if anyone was waiting for an increased offer. It's also available through support links. I was able to pull it up in a clean browser. (So try clearing history, or different browser, or incognito mode if at first it doesn't show.) That's such a nice offer compared to the $15K MSR on the Biz Plat!

Thanks for the added info and recs! We have been to both the Amazon rainforest and a cloud forest in Ecuador, and they were VERY different there. But it sounds like that's not so much the case in Costa Rica. We've also done volcanoes in Hawaii and in Ecuador... I think we would more so be doing Arenal for the hiking, hot springs, and caves. I will have to check out Tortuguero... I do see alot of people talking about it on other forums, it just looked very far away from the other places. I think we'll probably try to stick to two places... so it can be more of a relaxing trip than a jam packed one.
I looked up the Hyatt close to Manuel Antonio and it looks great! I'll have to wait to book, since we're planning for next November.
Yes Tortuguero is on the east coast, so unless you're flying into San Jose it's probably really out of the way. About 15 years ago we did a 10 day tour that started and ended in SJ and hit both coasts. It was great but not something I'd try to replicate by myself because I don't like that much driving. The tour bus driver took great care of us though and was always pointing out wildlife from the bus.

How much can be loaded onto Serve daily with a VGC? I did $600 a day last month and I was going to increase it this month but I'm confused by the website. Is a VGC load at FD considered Debit or Cash? If I'm reading this correctly, it says there is a limit of $200 per day using debit to add money.

Add Money:
Direct Deposit
(such as Tax Refunds, Government deposits, Salary and Payroll deposits)
$100,000 per year combined for all of your Serve Accounts
All Other Add Money Transactions
(i.e. Cash, Mobile Check Capture by Ingo® Money, Checking or Savings Account, Debit Card, American Express® Charge or Credit Card, Request/Receive Money Transactions, and Backup Funding)
Up to $10,000 per month and up to $100,000 per year combined for all of your Serve Accounts
(sub-limits as indicated below apply)
Cash$2,500 per day and $5,000 per month
$9,000 per day combined for all of your Serve Accounts
Mobile Check Capture by Ingo® Money$5,000 per day and $10,000 per month§‡
Checking or Savings Account$2,000 per month^
Debit Card$200 per day and $1,000 per month
$2500/day is the limit (I'm not sure what they consider it in the about chart but know the limits are the same as "cash" above. I wouldn't jump from $600 to $2500 though-some seasoning probably needs to happen.

I need some advice. So we just returned from a short road trip. We stayed one night at a Hampton Inn. Shortly after midnight, I awoke and discovered a bed bug in my bed. I caught it and took it to the front desk clerk who apologized and said we would not be charged for our room. However, he was sold out and could not offer us a different room. He told us his manager would call me the next day when he/she came in. We immediately left and found a room at a nearby hotel.

We paid for the Hampton Inn through Chase travel (so Expedia I guess). We asked the clerk if they would also compensate us with additional Hilton points and the clerk replied that it would be up to the manager. Anyway, nobody called me so I called the hampton the next day and was told the general manager was out for the long holiday weekend. She also told me that housekeeping went to the room and "didn't find anything." Um what is that supposed to mean? I found a live bed bug and gave it to the front desk -no further proof is needed.

I see no evidence that my Chase travel points were restored, nor have I received any Hilton Honors points. I am about to call the hotel again and try to speak to the manager. What do y'all think I should request as adequate compensation? And what should I do if they refuse?
Just gross. Here is what I would request in compensation.
-No charge for the night at Hampton Inn or any of your incidentals.
- Compensation for the room you had to pay for in the middle of the night.
- Some amount of Hilton points for all of your inconvenience.

Since you have tried repeatedly, I would reach out to the Hilton twitter team via private message. I have found that they tend to resolve things even when things get stuck with the Diamond desk. If you are Diamond, the Diamond desk could be an option as well. If I were in a similar situation, I would mention how many times you have reached out to the property without response, your photographic proof, and allude to the fact that you prefer to resolve things directly rather than resorting to social media posts or negative reviews, especially with something so sensitive.

My good friend is getting married in CHS in December and I'm in the wedding. I've been tracking flight for awhile now. With the new added fun of my dad and the uncertainty of what my life will look like in December, I finally decided to book the ticket via Delta miles. I know I can cancel those 20 min before a flight and be fine. The cost of the non-stop is now $440! So it makes the 30k easier to swallow, LOL. I looked at AA too. I can do that for 15k. But the flights would have an 8 hour layover in CLT. Likely I could switch the day of to earlier flights, but if I couldn't that would suck, LOL.

The other option is to fly to MYR and drive down. But damn MYR rental cars are $$$ even in December! My flight would be free, but my rental would be $350, LOL. I'm sure I'll just take the direct flight.

DH and I have the XR, so we are definitely upgrading this round. I think I’ll go with the Pro and DH will get the Pro Max. I love the bigger screen but yeah, if it’s too big for a pocket in my leggings, it’s not going to work 😂
If you have ATT see if they are still offering $700 trade in for the XR. I just traded in my moms in July and got $700!

Just gross. Here is what I would request in compensation.
-No charge for the night at Hampton Inn or any of your incidentals.
- Compensation for the room you had to pay for in the middle of the night.
- Some amount of Hilton points for all of your inconvenience.

Since you have tried repeatedly, I would reach out to the Hilton twitter team via private message. I have found that they tend to resolve things even when things get stuck with the Diamond desk. If you are Diamond, the Diamond desk could be an option as well. If I were in a similar situation, I would mention how many times you have reached out to the property without response, your photographic proof, and allude to the fact that you prefer to resolve things directly rather than resorting to social media posts or negative reviews, especially with something so sensitive.
I second this -- I'd call Hilton directly. They are usually very quick to resolve situations. Absolutely you should get a full refund for the night you paid for. They also have Be Our Guest certificates that they can offer to you, which is a free night at another Hampton Inn; if that wouldn't interest you (I believe they have a 1 year expiry date), then I'd try to get the night that you had to pay for at the second hotel returned to you. Trying to deal with Chase is a total PITA so I'd pursue through Hilton first. Hilton will contact the property and give them 48 or 72 hours to respond. If the property doesn't respond then Hilton will resolve how they see fit and they are usually quite generous.

I forgot to add, I've been stalking GE appts. They have gotten harder to get. GRRRR! I needed to get them for both kids. Today several appts showed up for the GE location at the Ambassador bridge. Even more fun, they are at like 8:45pm! I'll keep stalking and see if I can get appts at the airport instead, LOL.

Thank you! I did take a few pictures of the bug but I failed to get the name of the front desk clerk. Every time I call the hotel, the manager is not there or not available (or so I am told.) I guess I will call Chase.
My good friend works at Hilton (used to work at a Hampton Inn). Hampton's have a Hampton Promise which states if you're not happy, they will refund you! She's told me people have used it complaining about the TP! I used it when my hotel room had food in the fridge, broken furniture and hair all over in the midst of the COVID craziness. I would call Hilton for sure!

To use the GE credit on the Venture X, I just use it to pay for the GE application, or is there something else special I need to do?
I applied for GE on Sept 3rd and paid with my Venture X. It shows pending reimbursement today (Sept. 8) so pretty quick turnaround! And I was conditionally approved in about 24 hours. Now to just find an interview appointment...

All this talk of product changing CSR has got me thinking...I have a CSP, held for more than a year now. In the next week (once the dates open on the Chase portal), I'll be booking a "big" (~$2500) resort stay using UR points. Should I be doing the math on whether product changing my CSP to CSR would be financially beneficial to me? I also just used PYB on a ~$800 Airbnb stay, so that might be a missed opportunity there if PYB categories are the same between the two cards.

I used a few FNCs to book the Waldorf Astoria Pedregal in Cabo, and I know there have been a few reviews here, but I checked here and the dischurners hotel thread and I can't find them. If anyone here has stayed there and has any advice or info, I'd love to hear it.

Thanks in advance.

I used a few FNCs to book the Waldorf Astoria Pedregal in Cabo, and I know there have been a few reviews here, but I checked here and the dischurners hotel thread and I can't find them. If anyone here has stayed there and has any advice or info, I'd love to hear it.

Thanks in advance.

I am so excited for you- I hope you love it. Let me know if you have any questions. We are tentatively planned to return in January again. Here's some of my reviews:

Couples trip Cabo 2022
Cabo w/kids 2022

All this talk of product changing CSR has got me thinking...I have a CSP, held for more than a year now. In the next week (once the dates open on the Chase portal), I'll be booking a "big" (~$2500) resort stay using UR points. Should I be doing the math on whether product changing my CSP to CSR would be financially beneficial to me? I also just used PYB on a ~$800 Airbnb stay, so that might be a missed opportunity there if PYB categories are the same between the two cards.
You would need 200,000 URs to book through the portal using the CSP
You would need 166,666 URs to book through the portal using the CSR

You would save 33,334 URs with a CSR, which I value at just over $500. So I do think it would be advantageous to PC to the CSR. Makes me wonder if you can reverse the PYB you just did somehow?

I need some advice. So we just returned from a short road trip. We stayed one night at a Hampton Inn. Shortly after midnight, I awoke and discovered a bed bug in my bed. I caught it and took it to the front desk clerk who apologized and said we would not be charged for our room. However, he was sold out and could not offer us a different room. He told us his manager would call me the next day when he/she came in. We immediately left and found a room at a nearby hotel.

We paid for the Hampton Inn through Chase travel (so Expedia I guess). We asked the clerk if they would also compensate us with additional Hilton points and the clerk replied that it would be up to the manager. Anyway, nobody called me so I called the hampton the next day and was told the general manager was out for the long holiday weekend. She also told me that housekeeping went to the room and "didn't find anything." Um what is that supposed to mean? I found a live bed bug and gave it to the front desk -no further proof is needed.

I see no evidence that my Chase travel points were restored, nor have I received any Hilton Honors points. I am about to call the hotel again and try to speak to the manager. What do y'all think I should request as adequate compensation? And what should I do if they refuse?

Write a review?

Can you tell us where this hotel is? Would like to put it on the 'avoid' list.

I forgot to add, I've been stalking GE appts. They have gotten harder to get. GRRRR! I needed to get them for both kids. Today several appts showed up for the GE location at the Ambassador bridge. Even more fun, they are at like 8:45pm! I'll keep stalking and see if I can get appts at the airport instead, LOL.

My good friend works at Hilton (used to work at a Hampton Inn). Hampton's have a Hampton Promise which states if you're not happy, they will refund you! She's told me people have used it complaining about the TP! I used it when my hotel room had food in the fridge, broken furniture and hair all over in the midst of the COVID craziness. I would call Hilton for sure!
I saw people were using a service on Reddit for iI can't get mine when it renews I'm going to use the service since there is a huge increase in travel. I'm pretty sure it's called an appointment scanner and it's 15$ a month. 1 month should probably knock out both your kid's appointments if they have an open-ish schedule. and @Narnia_girl

You would need 200,000 URs to book through the portal using the CSP
You would need 166,666 URs to book through the portal using the CSR

You would save 33,334 URs with a CSR, which I value at just over $500. So I do think it would be advantageous to PC to the CSR. Makes me wonder if you can reverse the PYB you just did somehow?
Worth checking to see if the PYB can be reversed! I SMed to check.

If I request a product change to CSR, am I correct in thinking that it wouldn't count as a new card (eg, couldn't affect x/24 status)? I also assume I would get the $300 travel credit (I can also ask them this directly when requesting the product change).

I am so excited for you- I hope you love it. Let me know if you have any questions. We are tentatively planned to return in January again. Here's some of my reviews:

Couples trip Cabo 2022
Cabo w/kids 2022

Thanks. I'll read them again. I knew there was something in here, just couldn't find it. The search function is not my friend. I have a good friend who's been going there for short breaks over the past few years and she also recommended that I give it a try. I haven't been to Cabo before. I'm much more of a Hawaii person, but I also think it's good to try new things.

If you have ATT see if they are still offering $700 trade in for the XR. I just traded in my moms in July and got $700!
We actually have Verizon, hate it, and are going to switch back to Tmobile tomorrow. Then, I see that they are offering $800 for trade in for the XRs, so we're hoping once we make the switch, to order the new phones using that trade in 😂

Worth checking to see if the PYB can be reversed! I SMed to check.

If I request a product change to CSR, am I correct in thinking that it wouldn't count as a new card (eg, couldn't affect x/24 status)? I also assume I would get the $300 travel credit (I can also ask them this directly when requesting the product change).
Correct, doesn’t count a a new card, it will actually retain the same card number.
And you’ll immediately get to use the travel credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter