I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just looked into this since my brother ran into the verification issue on Treasury Direct where he needs to get a Medallion stamp (very hard to find!). But looks like this won't get around that since they're just opening the account for you.

@LilSweetPeaPhoto You may want to read through this before deciding to go direct or with Yotta. Link
The medallion signature guarantee is the main reason I keep a checking account at a local bank. Royal pain to get, have to make an appointment.

I opened my acct and finally figured out how to open them for my kidlets too! Now to just get the money, LOL. I'll make my 17yo withdraw from her account this week and I'll buy the bonds. I'm debating if I want to do $30k or $40k.
Did you use Yotta or TreasuryDirect. gov? Was it a simple process? I am looking into this right now too.

Did you use Yotta or TreasuryDirect. gov? Was it a simple process? I am looking into this right now too.

I found this helpful when I first did it. Link

On the subject of I bonds, another way to buy more in 2 player mode is to buy as a gift, but hold off on gifting it until the rate is lower and you no longer want to buy anymore. Buying the gift is not subject to the limit, but receiving the gift is. Rate is locked in and interest accrues, same as a regular purchase. More info here.

i know its a little off-topic but my d+ for 3 years is finally coming to an end do i do the bundle? do I do the disney 5% and pay the year? anyone have any thoughts?
I have the same questions. We have Verizon which offers the Bundle for free, so I might go that route but I don't know if the Disney+ ad free version will be included in that.

I have the same questions. We have Verizon which offers the Bundle for free, so I might go that route but I don't know if the Disney+ ad free version will be included in that.
well, its 79.99 I paid 129 for 3 years before (a steal). AMEX blue has 7$ off but i don't know if i want/need hulu i might just do the 5% from the disney visa seems a lot easier.

Do you have an Amex Plat? The $20 monthly entertainment credit covers the D+ Hulu (no ad) bundle that's $19.99/mo.

My 1 yr d+ runs out in dec so I need to look at the bundles. I just have espn+ on my plat now. Is the streaming credit continuing? I can't remember when or why it was announced and if it had dates, just that they've added some stuff to what counts.

Question about the AMEX plat $189 CLEAR credit, and wondering if this will work. P2 and I both have an AMEX plat. Can I use my credit to pay for my membership, and then use P2’s credit to pay for two $60 family add-ons (for my P2 and our 19 year old DS)?

My 1 yr d+ runs out in dec so I need to look at the bundles. I just have espn+ on my plat now. Is the streaming credit continuing? I can't remember when or why it was announced and if it had dates, just that they've added some stuff to what counts.
I think the streaming credit will continue, as part of the "coupon book" aspect of the Plat, since the AF was raised to $695.

i know its a little off-topic but my d+ for 3 years is finally coming to an end do i do the bundle? do I do the disney 5% and pay the year? anyone have any thoughts?
Mine does too. The D23 pre offer was such a good deal! I'm thinking of using the Amex Plat credit each month. Free is good.

Like everyone’s elses, mine is up in November too. I am just going to switch to my Verizon bundle and see how that goes.

Advice Please

I would like to start taking advantage of credit card rewards to help fund future travel.

Our details, as suggested in post 2:

1. No cards have been opened in the last 24 months.
2. Typical monthly spend on cc: $1,500
Pay in full each month
Flights out of IAD
No airline preference (see next item)
Southwest does service IAD, but we prefer not to fly them
No hotel preference
No air points
No hotel points
No desire to churn cards or pay annual fee ( but will if worth it)
Future retirement travel dreams include:
Band of Brothers tour, Viking River cruise, UK, Alaska,
National Parks, New Zealand
Travel group: just 2, already retired husband & I will retire in June

We currently use the no fee Chase Disney card as our primary card and have a card through BB&T (no reward program) as a back up card.

Thanks and I look forward to your suggestions.
Chiming in to add to @FreeDiningFanatic 's post about the Chase Sapphire Preferred. Since you already have a Chase card, you are not new to Chase. This is an excellent card, far better than they limited use Disney card, even with the annual fee. In addition to the very useful rewards of UR's (Ultimate Rewards which you can earn through 4 or 5 of Chase's credit card offerings) it has a $50 hotel credit. And at the end of one year if you do not want to pay the fee to keep it as a CSP you can call Chase and product change it to a no fee card such as Chase Unlimited which gives 1 and 1/2 UR's per $ spent.

I'm several pages behind so this may also have been mentioned. After you get your sign up bonus, you can refer your partner and get a referral bonus. Then he can also earn the sign up bonus (SUB).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter