• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if I can call the Chase travel portal to reserve a hotel room for tonight? Online it will only let me choose tomorrow as check-in date. DS is in DC and according to the weather reports I am seeing, they got a lot of snow. He was supposed to leave today, but may not be able to.
Good luck to him. It is still snowing heavily here, supposed to continue into the afternoon. We've gotten about 6 inches in Alexandria, news and weather people are losing their minds over it.

Good luck to him. It is still snowing heavily here, supposed to continue into the afternoon. We've gotten about 6 inches in Alexandria, news and weather people are losing their minds over it.
It's gross in the western suburbs of Richmond. I think we will get 6-7". I cancelled an MD appt. for tomorrow AM because I'm not leavng until I absolutely have to.

Hi everyone, hope you all had a great weekend.

I am looking at our 2023 vacation plans, which only consist of a 17 day trip to Japan. Our girls will be 12 & 15 during the trip, I'm trying to figure what points we'll need for hotels (already have flights figured out).
Arrival night Osaka - going to USJ the following day, looking at The Park Front Hotel @USJ for convenience (Chase Travel Portal). Might also book 2 nights just so we have a place to rest in case we are too exhausted to do the park all day. Then take the train to Kyoto late that night.
4 nights in Kyoto - recommendations? Would like 2 rooms or an AirBnB
2 nights in Hiroshima - recommendations?
3 nights in Hilton's Tokyo Bay - 1 large room using Hilton Points
5 nights in Tokyo - recommendations? Was thinking 2 rooms at Hyatt Regency Tokyo for it's location.
1 night Mt Fuji
1 night HND airport hotel - Chase Travel Portal

Looks like we'll need a Hilton card - need to have the points by June 2022 to book.
And lots of URs to book via travel portal and possible transfer to Hyatt. Any other recommendations?

Thanks. I just called the Chase travel portal. After getting transferred twice and then told I was going to be transfered again, I gave up. Going to pay OOP. It is not a lot, but I would have liked to use points or at least use my CSP through the portal to get the $50 credit.
Hopefully he will be able to leave safely tomorrow morning.

Hi everyone, hope you all had a great weekend.

I am looking at our 2023 vacation plans, which only consist of a 17 day trip to Japan. Our girls will be 12 & 15 during the trip, I'm trying to figure what points we'll need for hotels (already have flights figured out).
Arrival night Osaka - going to USJ the following day, looking at The Park Front Hotel @USJ for convenience (Chase Travel Portal). Might also book 2 nights just so we have a place to rest in case we are too exhausted to do the park all day. Then take the train to Kyoto late that night.
4 nights in Kyoto - recommendations? Would like 2 rooms or an AirBnB
2 nights in Hiroshima - recommendations?
3 nights in Hilton's Tokyo Bay - 1 large room using Hilton Points
5 nights in Tokyo - recommendations? Was thinking 2 rooms at Hyatt Regency Tokyo for it's location.
1 night Mt Fuji
1 night HND airport hotel - Chase Travel Portal

Looks like we'll need a Hilton card - need to have the points by June 2022 to book.
And lots of URs to book via travel portal and possible transfer to Hyatt. Any other recommendations?
I can’t help much with hotels because the places we stayed will be too small for your family but that will be a fun trip!

Oh Man I was wondering what happened to the thread....:rotfl2: wow! Ok- Capone Venture x..... is always a denial if you app for any other brand of card within 6 months, or just their own brand?

I can’t help much with hotels because the places we stayed will be too small for your family but that will be a fun trip!
Thanks, we are super excited.
I know you stayed at Hilton Tokyo Bay, but do think it would be worth it to try to stay at one of the official Disney hotels?

I'm losing tree limbs (again). So dogs cannot go in the backyard:( And the puppy is confused and distracted by the snow. DD is out cleaning off her car and her brother's car and shoveling the driveway while ds plays his xbox. I really hope when I'm old she takes me in because if I'm stuck with him, I'm up the creek!

Getting ready to leave Grand Wailea today after a 7 night stay on points and 1 FNC. After reading reviews earlier in the year I wasn’t sure what to expect, but given how most hotels have reduced services during Covid, we have been amazed by our service here.

We were upgraded from the terrace view room to a garden view. However, the incredibly friendly guy at the front desk put us in a room with a view of the ocean and pool. He also didn’t charge us the $50/day for the rollaway I had requested. Right from check in we impressed by how everyone is so friendly and helpful.

We had DAILY HOUSEKEEPING!!! Without even requesting it. Wow!! How I missed that. There really is something great about coming back to a nice tidy room with EMPTY GARBAGE 👍🏻 Housekeeping also was in stealth mode. I rarely saw them on on our floor, and we might only be gone for an hour, and BOOM, we come back to a clean room. I was actually startled the first day.

The pool chair situation seems to have improved. We didn’t ever go down at 7AM as people were reporting to get a chair. There were still chairs available pretty much all day. Yes, if you must have a particular spot then you probably have to go get it early, but we just needed a place to land and eat lunch for 30 minutes. We never had a problem finding 4 chairs together. Poolside service was great as well. Many servers walking around to take orders. We usually just ordered at the bar ourselves, but they were always checking up on us.

Valet was also outstanding. I can’t emphasize how genuinely friendly people are. Always quick to offer directions or suggestions.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would recommend it to anyone. Couples or families. Given the price point I was concerned it might have a “snooty” vibe, but was pleasantly surprised at how laid back it is. Not pretentious at all, just families having a great time. We felt right at home.

With that said we will not be returning. LOL! With 2 teenagers now we’ve outgrown a standard hotel room. We were all getting on each other’s nerves by about day 3. Haha! This trip has taught us we need our privacy. From here on out we’ll stick to condos for anything over a 3 night stay.

For anyone considering a trip to the Grand Wailea I strongly recommend it. What a great use of points and FNC. Especially families. The pool was a lot of fun, and Wailea beach in front of the resort was perfect for playing and boogie boarding.

Southwest tip:

If you might have Southwest Travel funds expiring, remember you can email their customer service after they've expired and ask that they issue LUV vouchers. They will keep $100 (if I recall) but issue you LUV vouchers for the difference. What is great about LUV vouchers is that they aren't tied to a particular person (even if it seems as if they are). They don't get linked to a person until you use it and then after that they are tied as a travel fund to that person.
Just to piggyback on this tip, check the flyer talk website for "fistful" on how to make the most out of this. I won't go into detail here, but that is my plan for unused funds at end of 2022.

I really hope when I'm old she takes me in because if I'm stuck with him, I'm up the creek!

I laughed at this as I feel the same way about mine. Youngest DD is much more caring and jokes that she will put me in a "fun old home" whereas I think her sister would just stash me wherever. I'm hoping I never need to depend on either of them, I don't want their help anymore than they want to give it. Right now I'm just hoping my Mom will be able to take care of herself at least till I can get mine out of the house.

I hope I can ask this here. Does Under Cover Tourist code as travel? I was looking to use them to book a cheap rental car.

Called Hyatt and did not qualify for the FNC to points on expiry of FNC. Apparently I needed 10 qualifying nights in 2021. I had 9. In my previous written and phone communications, this was not mentioned to me.

Yes, I could have checked into a local Hyatt if I had known, using one of the nights I lost.

I didn't know. That said, if I had known, it still would have been an effort I may not have undertaken as the last few weeks have been pretty busy.

Also, the one hotel I may have enjoyed using the nights at, blocked redemptions over the holiday period.

Oh well. May have to just close, rinse and repeat.

View attachment 635546
So that's like one beer then?

Yup! At least 1 beer.

We haven't had any snow that stuck to the ground in my area for close to 4 years, and I expect this will melt by Wednesday.

And I'm taking credit for most of our no snow days - Back in 2017 I bought a snowblower. Hasn't been out of the shed, ever. And I'm not clearing or shoveling today or tomorrow. It will start to melt by tomorrow afternoon and should be mostly gone by Wednesday afternoon.

Plus, my van can drive over it and get me out if I need to go.

Now if only my daughter's civic wasn't blocking in the van.

She is working from home and not going anywhere. So melting is so far my only hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter