• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hearing that UA TB is back working again.

Please ignore my post below. I was trying to add funds to my TB via the gift registry. I found a link to the TB (to add funds) on DoC and was able to add $250.00. Phew. Thanks to @mmmears for the heads up!

I just logged in and while I could see my TB funds, I wasn't able to add any :oops:. I saw the below blurb on the United website. Any suggestions on how to use AmEx plat credits on another airline without booking a flight?

As we keep evolving the digital experience for our travelers, we’ve decided to discontinue the united.com gift registry program. Although you’ll no longer be able to create a new registry or add to your existing one, you can still book travel using the TravelBank balance linked to your current registry until your balance expires.

Last edited:
I'm losing tree limbs (again). So dogs cannot go in the backyard:( And the puppy is confused and distracted by the snow. DD is out cleaning off her car and her brother's car and shoveling the driveway while ds plays his xbox. I really hope when I'm old she takes me in because if I'm stuck with him, I'm up the creek!

I put down puppy pads but my dog wanted to go out.

So, I let him out.

He floundered through the snow and on his way back up onto the deck it looked like he wasn't going to make it. I was afraid I was going to have to dig out the Sorel's and go get him. He finally got himself launched up the 4 steps and into the house. Coming in the door he growled at me and gave me a dirty look.

Doubtful he's going to go out willingly again, so glad I've got a huge box of puppy pads.

edit: the pine trees are shedding a lot of limbs, but not where he goes. More clean up to do, when it all melts.

I put down puppy pads but my dog wanted to go out.

So, I let him out.

He floundered through the snow and on his way back up onto the deck it looked like he wasn't going to make it. I was afraid I was going to have to dig out the Sorel's and go get him. He finally got himself launched up the 4 steps and into the house. Coming in the door he growled at me and gave me a dirty look.

Doubtful he's going to go out willingly again, so glad I've got a huge box of puppy pads.

edit: the pine trees are shedding a lot of limbs, but not where he goes. More clean up to do, when it all melts.

He sounds like quite a character! I actually think I have puppy pads in the garage but this one would probably go 1" to the left of the puppy pad:) Meanwhile the 15 year old who can barely walk does exactly what she's supposed to do and comes back in the house (dd did shovel some grass for them)

And yes, I'm losing big pine limbs and I just don't want to take a chance. I probaby should just have the huge pine tree that keeps losing limbs taken out so I stop paying $300/year for storm cleanup for the same ugly tree!

Woke up to see dude had something that bleed over night. One of his few remaining front teeth is loose. Either because he decided yesterday morning that I wasn't getting him off the bed fast enough and he jumped when I picked him up causing him to hit his face and shoulder on the floor but not hard I still had a hold of the back end :rotfl2: or more likely it's just his crap teeth since he's only got 19 left. Thankfully the vet can get him in tomorrow to clean an look at the teeth. Hopefully not too many need to go. At least I'm working on an msr I guess. His ins doesn't cover teeth either.

May also need to buy a blender tomorrow. If he can't chew kibble I'm not switching him to can for a few reasons. I've been using warm water to soften his kibble for a couple weeks since he wasn't chewing it sometimes. I also read you can use a blender to break the pieces up, which I'd add some water to. He seems to really like it this way, brings the smell and flavor out.

Anyway, stuck with what I'll find at the store. Would a ninja product be enough? Thinking one of the small ones popular for individual smoothies that's good for ice would be able to handle a 1/2 cup of kibble.

Woke up to see dude had something that bleed over night. One of his few remaining front teeth is loose. Either because he decided yesterday morning that I wasn't getting him off the bed fast enough and he jumped when I picked him up causing him to hit his face and shoulder on the floor but not hard I still had a hold of the back end :rotfl2: or more likely it's just his crap teeth since he's only got 19 left. Thankfully the vet can get him in tomorrow to clean an look at the teeth. Hopefully not too many need to go. At least I'm working on an msr I guess. His ins doesn't cover teeth either.

May also need to buy a blender tomorrow. If he can't chew kibble I'm not switching him to can for a few reasons. I've been using warm water to soften his kibble for a couple weeks since he wasn't chewing it sometimes. I also read you can use a blender to break the pieces up, which I'd add some water to. He seems to really like it this way, brings the smell and flavor out.

Anyway, stuck with what I'll find at the store. Would a ninja product be enough? Thinking one of the small ones popular for individual smoothies that's good for ice would be able to handle a 1/2 cup of kibble.
I used my ninja to grind up cat food when our 21 year old cat couldn't eat anymore. She still wouldn't really eat it, but it worked. Basically turned it to dust though, so I would say pulse just a few times.
I will also say our old dog was down to hardly any teeth, and just wet kibble without blending worked too.

My monster is happy it's not below zero like it has been for the past 48+ hours. He doesn't get that his feet get cold (the rest of him doesn't ) so he still begs to go out all day long. at least today he can.

I've been going nuts with food with my older dog of late. I have mixed cans with kibble but she only eats it if I hand feed her. I'm trying the Farmer's Dog now, but still having to hand feed her and it takes up a lot of freezer space. The puppy hates kibble so she gets Stella & Chewy's Duck, Duck, Goose patties rehydrated. She also eats Honest Company clusters.

1/3/2022 - DISchurners Announcement - THREAD REFRESH IN PROCESS!

I'VE REFRESHED ALL MAIN PAGE THREADS ON DISCHURNERS INCLUDING:
  • News and Discussion Thread
  • Advanced Strategies and Loopholes Discussion
  • Manufactured Spend Discussion
  • What Card Should I Get Next (for ADVANCED questions)
This also means it's time for everybody's favorite event...the semi-annual refresh of the SUPPORT Link Threads. Chase, Amex & Misc Support Link threads have been refreshed!
As a reminder - ANYBODY is welcome to share their support links in these threads. The instructions are at the top of each one.

For those that have previously posted, the easiest way to move them over is:
1) Go to your OLD comment in the OLD thread (you'll see the old threads listed near the bottom of the DISchurners feed)
2) Click EDIT
3) COPY the entire comment text in the edit box
4) PASTE the comment text as a NEW comment in the NEW thread (you'll find the new threads near the top of the feed)
5) CHECK all links to make sure they are active and working and make sure that your description of the offer matches the actual offer!
You do NOT need to delete your old comment when done, you can just leave it in that thread.

This process will help you not have to re-do all your formatting.
Side Note: Many find it easiest to access DISchurners in old reddit. (https://old.reddit.com/r/DISchurners/)

Side Note 2: I would also advise that you check to make sure that all of your links are accurate and working!!

I will post reminders for this over the next week or so and will then remove the old threads with only the new threads remaining.

One more general reminder, reddit flags many support links as spam. I then go in and manually approve them. I will keep an eye on that as we conduct the refresh and approve them all as quickly as possible! :D

I used my ninja to grind up cat food when our 21 year old cat couldn't eat anymore. She still wouldn't really eat it, but it worked. Basically turned it to dust though, so I would say pulse just a few times.
I will also say our old dog was down to hardly any teeth, and just wet kibble without blending worked too.

The problem with just wet kibble is he's impatient and gets quite annoying waiting until he can eat it. He's also been known to bark at food he can smell on the counter, human or his. He gets blue buffalo so it's somewhat small to start with, just need it a bit smaller to mix with water. He gets excited with it now so I think I'll be ok even if it's wet dust 😀

I've been going nuts with food with my older dog of late. I have mixed cans with kibble but she only eats it if I hand feed her. I'm trying the Farmer's Dog now, but still having to hand feed her and it takes up a lot of freezer space. The puppy hates kibble so she gets Stella & Chewy's Duck, Duck, Goose patties rehydrated. She also eats Honest Company clusters.

I can't even imagine. Can is a treat to him, though I'll use a spoonful to give him any meds he gets. Discovered that works better than cheese last month. I just can't even do a mix of can and kibble. We'll just say it's much harder to clean up after him...

The problem with just wet kibble is he's impatient and gets quite annoying waiting until he can eat it. He's also been known to bark at food he can smell on the counter, human or his. He gets blue buffalo so it's somewhat small to start with, just need it a bit smaller to mix with water. He gets excited with it now so I think I'll be ok even if it's wet dust 😀

I can't even imagine. Can is a treat to him, though I'll use a spoonful to give him any meds he gets. Discovered that works better than cheese last month. I just can't even do a mix of can and kibble. We'll just say it's much harder to clean up after him...
then the ninja should work fine :-) I gotta tell ya though, wet dust is disgusting LOL.

then the ninja should work fine :-) I gotta tell ya though, wet dust is disgusting LOL.

Oh I'm sure but so is the smell of the wet kibble. But I figure it's better than what happens with a mostly/all can diet :sad2: If we have to go this way I'll food prep for him on Sunday's. His dasaquin will have to get whirled in with his breakfast.

He's only ever turned away from popcorn if it doesn't have butter, clearly just wants the butter. Also won't touch lettuce unless there's ranch, but I'm the same way so I can't blame him.

Thanks, we are super excited.
I know you stayed at Hilton Tokyo Bay, but do think it would be worth it to try to stay at one of the official Disney hotels?
Things have changed since I’ve been there. We did just fine without staying at an official hotel but we had 4 park days. We couldn’t justify the cost of those hotels when our Hilton stay was free. The main thing is to get to the parks SUPER early, like 1 1/2-2 hours early

i'm trying to do a CIU thru a support link
it's asking for ourr business tax ID. both our housing renovation busienss and my ebay sales do not have a tax id. i do schedule c

what does everyone else do?

All this talk of snow. Thankfully we didn’t even see a flake since it was Hershey Spa day with my friends. Met my Gold to Plat upgrade MSR thanks to paying the bill. They got 10% off their treatments so they happily let me pay.

Puggles loves the snow but absolutely hates rain. I have to force him out of the house because he refuses to go out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter