• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have Away luggage what do you like about it? What size do you think is the best? I am only really considering it with the $200 off offer, but that is still way more than I would normally spend on luggage, especially since I will need to get more than one piece to use the offer. I still love, love, love 😍 my luggage I got 75% off at Target years ago (I think I paid $25) but it is starting to come apart at the seams so may be time to retire soon, but I have got a ton of use out of it for how much I paid. My Target luggage is colorful and the Away luggage kind of makes me sad with how boring it is to look at. lol
We bought our first when Amex had an offer, cost us about $65… totally worth it. I don’t normally pay full price for anything, so no way would I pay full price for Away, but I do think that 2 new suitcases are worth $315 - I ordered a carryon and Medium checked, because we need them. I actually was going to buy a checked suitcase this month and was going to spend about $160, I wanted another Away just wasn’t going to pay $300 for one.
I love that they come with a laundry bag and DH loves the battery pack, most come with battery packs.

In the never-ending fiasco that is my Chase Aeroplan card, dh left our house down south yesterday and the card still hadn't arrived (should have been there by Monday at the latest). He won't be back for 2 weeks and tuition is due on Monday. I called Chase this morning and they will send to my house in Toronto (my OOS 'biz' address), but they won't expedite. The CSR said it should be here by next Friday. The only way I can meet the SUB is to pay tuition late (no penalty, but I still hate late payments).

If you have Away luggage what do you like about it? What size do you think is the best? I am only really considering it with the $200 off offer, but that is still way more than I would normally spend on luggage, especially since I will need to get more than one piece to use the offer. I still love, love, love 😍 my luggage I got 75% off at Target years ago (I think I paid $25) but it is starting to come apart at the seams so may be time to retire soon, but I have got a ton of use out of it for how much I paid. My Target luggage is colorful and the Away luggage kind of makes me sad with how boring it is to look at. lol

I bought two of the smaller carry-on's last year when they had their sale. I like mine, but I don't love it. I would never pay full price for them. I still don't see the hype for them. I'm a chronic over-packer and I can still get a weeks worth of clothes in mine and it's never weighed more than 25 lbs full. I will say it's held up well so far. I check mine whenever I can as I hate dealing with the overhead bins and only a few scruffs which come off with a magic eraser. I think if you can get them at a discount, I would get one. It was funny on one trip, when they were getting all the bags off the rental car bus it was like, there's an away, there's an away. Kinda fun to see all the colors.

I will say I might get one with the CSR offer for youngest DD and I looked at the website and right now there aren't a lot of colors. I'm going to wait as long as possible to see if they restock some colors.

Hello! New here (to this thread, not the DIS) and would love some advice on adding a card this year to help with travel in the coming years.

Here is the info requested from the 1st post:

Card(s) issued/approved in the last 2 years:
05/20 Capital One Venture Card
My DH also has the same card, he was approved sometime in 2018 or 2019. We hold other cards (AMEX Blue) but the CAP1 is the only one we use.

2) Secondly we'll want to know a little bit about you. Specifically - what you spend, and what you want to earn!
  • What amount of spend would you put on a card monthly
    • I spend approx 6,000/month and DH spends approx 4,000/month
  • Do you currently payoff your CCs in full every month or do you carry any balances/pay any interest?
    • PIF each month
  • What airport(s) do you typically fly out of?
    • RDU
  • Do you have a preference of Frequent Flyer program?
    • No. Delta seems to offer the most service from RDU. I have a lot of experience with AA as my home airport used to be CLT and I traveled for work monthly, but that hasn't been the case for 2 years.
  • Does SOUTHWEST Airline service your airport?
    • Yes but I'd rather not. SW stresses me out.
  • Do you have a Hotel Rewards program preference?
    • I used to have loyalty with Hilton Honors but have zero'd out my balance with a hotel stay in April. Open to Hilton, Marriot, Hyatt, etc.
  • Do you currently have travel points or miles in any program? (if so, which programs and how much)
    • Assuming we keep our April reservation (night before a DCL cruise) I have no balances. Maybe a small amount in AAdvantage but not enough to cover a flight.
  • What at your specific goals for churning credit cards? (i.e. Disney World Trip, Cruise, European Trip, Cash Back to pay-off a mortgage or student loans, etc. - you can have multiple goals too!)
    • Covering upgraded travel. I just spent $5,000 on Delta premium flights to Italy in September and thought "there has to be a better way".
  • When do you plan to take these trips? (Keep in mind that it can be difficult to earn points/miles to cover imminent travel...it's best to plan far in advance, especially with regards to international travel)
    • This would be for couple/family trips starting in 2023. 2022 travel is already covered.
  • Who does your travel party consist of? (Spouse, Kids (& ages), other relatives/friends)
    • Me (37), DH (37) and our 3 kids (6, 3, 1)

Thank you so much! Please let me know if more info is needed - happy to expand on anything I can.

Hello! New here (to this thread, not the DIS) and would love some advice on adding a card this year to help with travel in the coming years.

Here is the info requested from the 1st post:

Card(s) issued/approved in the last 2 years:
05/20 Capital One Venture Card
My DH also has the same card, he was approved sometime in 2018 or 2019. We hold other cards (AMEX Blue) but the CAP1 is the only one we use.

2) Secondly we'll want to know a little bit about you. Specifically - what you spend, and what you want to earn!
  • What amount of spend would you put on a card monthly
    • I spend approx 6,000/month and DH spends approx 4,000/month
  • Do you currently payoff your CCs in full every month or do you carry any balances/pay any interest?
    • PIF each month
  • What airport(s) do you typically fly out of?
    • RDU
  • Do you have a preference of Frequent Flyer program?
    • No. Delta seems to offer the most service from RDU. I have a lot of experience with AA as my home airport used to be CLT and I traveled for work monthly, but that hasn't been the case for 2 years.
  • Does SOUTHWEST Airline service your airport?
    • Yes but I'd rather not. SW stresses me out.
  • Do you have a Hotel Rewards program preference?
    • I used to have loyalty with Hilton Honors but have zero'd out my balance with a hotel stay in April. Open to Hilton, Marriot, Hyatt, etc.
  • Do you currently have travel points or miles in any program? (if so, which programs and how much)
    • Assuming we keep our April reservation (night before a DCL cruise) I have no balances. Maybe a small amount in AAdvantage but not enough to cover a flight.
  • What at your specific goals for churning credit cards? (i.e. Disney World Trip, Cruise, European Trip, Cash Back to pay-off a mortgage or student loans, etc. - you can have multiple goals too!)
    • Covering upgraded travel. I just spent $5,000 on Delta premium flights to Italy in September and thought "there has to be a better way".
  • When do you plan to take these trips? (Keep in mind that it can be difficult to earn points/miles to cover imminent travel...it's best to plan far in advance, especially with regards to international travel)
    • This would be for couple/family trips starting in 2023. 2022 travel is already covered.
  • Who does your travel party consist of? (Spouse, Kids (& ages), other relatives/friends)
    • Me (37), DH (37) and our 3 kids (6, 3, 1)

Thank you so much! Please let me know if more info is needed - happy to expand on anything I can.
Hi and welcome!

I would focus on Delta/American express.
I would probably start out with the American Express Business Plat, that will earn you several travel benefits plus 150,000 MRs that you can transfer to Delta. The fee is set to go up to $695 next week, so you'll have to act quickly.
Here is a good writeup on all the benefits, https://onemileatatime.com/amex-business-platinum-card-review/.
You should be able to pull up the 150,000 offer using a support link in incognito (copy & paste the support link into an incognito browser).

The Delta cards have low bonuses at the moment so I would hold off on any Delta cards.

Harris Teeter has 4x fuel points on gift cards today through Sunday.

1 CFF grocery category bonus met ✅. 2 more to go, but I’ll wait for the next 4x offer so as not to be overrun with points I can’t use before they expire.

I was able to get the larger Away carry on's last year at 30% off. We got the red color and like them. I also ordered the original tote (I call it my Mary Poppins bag) and the compression bags which I use along with zip bags. They do hold an amazing amount of clothes. The canvas storage bags are nice as they keep the bags dust free. It was definitely a splurge for us, but I was tired of replacing bags every couple years from TJMaxx LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter