• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone’s CSR portal switch to the new company? I’m worried about the change, the Expedia has way better prices and much more options.

Hi and welcome!

I would focus on Delta/American express.
I would probably start out with the American Express Business Plat, that will earn you several travel benefits plus 150,000 MRs that you can transfer to Delta. The fee is set to go up to $695 next week, so you'll have to act quickly.
Here is a good writeup on all the benefits,
You should be able to pull up the 150,000 offer using a support link in incognito (copy & paste the support link into an incognito browser).

The Delta cards have low bonuses at the moment so I would hold off on any Delta cards.

thanks so much! this may be a silly question but am I eligible to apply for this card as a regular W2 employee without my own business? I read the link you shared and it sounds like this is for business owners and I should look at the regular plat card?

Still deciding on the away bag and the one I want is out of stock.🥲 I really want to get the built in charger with the bigger carryon. I’m added to the email to be notified when they come back in stock. My DD loves hers and uses her ebag packing cubes with it. I have an offer on my Cap one card for 12% back on ebags in the form of statement credit so I’ll be buying more ebags packing cubes as gifts. 😊

Not sure about confirming. I bought tickets through the portal in 2019 and took the voucher to guest services in RPR and got my tickets there right after checking in to get my room key/express pass.

BTW. Love RPR, great resort.
We love it as well. That's where we always stay when going to Universal. That's how we've always gotten our tickets when going straight through Universal. Good to know there's no difference when using the portal.

thanks so much! this may be a silly question but am I eligible to apply for this card as a regular W2 employee without my own business? I read the link you shared and it sounds like this is for business owners and I should look at the regular plat card?
Most of us here have a “business” side hustle, nothing formal. I used to do photography many moons ago, so that’s the business that I use to apply for business card. My DH used to drive for Uber years ago, so we still use that for his applications. A lot of people here use resale (eBay, Facebook Market) as their business. We always just apply for business cards using our First + Last name as the business name and our SSN as the business ID.
I have the personal platinum card and DH has the business Plat. You can’t go wrong with either, but the Biz one has a lower annual fee, until next wee

DH and I have lots of Chase business cards, they don’t get reported on your personal credit report, they will however pull your personal credit report.

Chase has a rule 5/24, meaning they won’t give approve you for cards if you have 5 new personal cards in the last 24 months. An easy way to stay under the 5/24 is to open business cards.

Went online looking to apply for another BOA Amtrak mastercard since I had canceled mine last spring some time, and I wanted to get the no fee to keep my points alive plus add a few for auto train use.

It appears to be gone, so if anyone sees a new company advertising it let me know.

Meanwhile, I also received an email offer from AAA for another BOA card.

Since I actually use my AAA membership and use their car care center for repairs and oil changes and such, I said what the heck and applied. Instant approval 20K credit. Yikes I'll have to squish that down a bit.

The SUB was $200 cash back for $1000 spend. A brief description:

EVERYDAY CASH BACK REWARDS
3X Travel
3X Points = 3% cash back on eligible travel and
AAA purchases, AAA Car Care, and more.
2X Grocery Store
2X Points = 2% cash back on gas, grocery store,
wholesale club, and drugstore purchases.
1X Other
1 Point per $1 = 1% cash back on purchases everywhere else.
  • Maximize your rewards when you redeem for AAA purchases, worth up to 40% more than cash back
  • No limit to the points you can earn
  • Enjoy no annual fee or foreign transaction fees1

So it won't get much regular spend, but will be used sort of like a store card. It will also generate offers such as Chase type offers.

It's also Visa Signature. I've got 3 of those already. I'm now 1/24. Will probably also do the Amtrak card when they offer another.

Do most of you get charged a convenience fee if you use your credit card to pay property taxes? Ours is 2.09%. Thinking of applying for the SW biz card to get me to CP sooner and pay the taxes.
I do. I just hit MSR on both SWA cards in ten minutes:rotfl2: and I calculate that fee into my cost of getting the points/CP. If you timed the earlier SWA cc right and you're aiming for CP this year it may be worth it to you.

Has anyone’s CSR portal switch to the new company? I’m worried about the change, the Expedia has way better prices and much more options.
My CSR is the old one, CSP is the new one. It's pretty sad...I'm concerned about getting use out of it in the future.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter