I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Are AirBNB charges domestic? The balance for our Venice AirBNB is due in a couple of days.

I'm thinking of putting it on my CIU to help with the MSR, instead of letting it automatically charge on our CSR which the deposit was made on. I may be over thinking it, but I don't want to be hit with foreign transaction fees.

If it's the balance can you look up how the deposit worked?

I looked it up and it doesn't look like a foreign charge. Although, CSR doesn't charge a foreign transaction fee. Thanks for the suggestion.

Pretty sure it would say. I tried to find foreign charges but apparently didn't use a chase card. I have made foreign transaction but it charges in US dollars. Small biz owner based in Quebec that sells to US and Canada. It shows as foreign and I generally get an alert for that.

If it's priced in USD I would think you'd be fine but if your rez is quoted in euros I would expect a fee.

DS(19) and I were supposed to be getting ready for a trip to Yosemite & Santa Barbara. For context, DS had never wanted to travel until a few months ago when he asked if we could go to CA. So, this is a big deal for him. Sadly, given the park conditions and closure, we've had to change our plans. He still wants to go to CA, so now we're going to San Francisco, Monterey, Solvang, & Santa Barbara. Lots of driving! I never plan last minute like this, so my head is spinning. We want to go to Muir Woods in SF and the aquarium in Monterey, but other than that I don't know. Anyone have suggestions for things to do?
Muir Woods requires parking reservations or a shuttle from several miles away. Research and plan ahead.

I'd recommend Hearst Castle as long as you are driving up the coast. Nothing else like it. Also Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park.

You've received some great ideas. I'll just add on. The CA Academy of Science museum is really nice and fun (and across the way from the De Young art museum if that interests you). The Disney Family Museum is really cool if you have time; it's at the Presidio near GG Bridge.

Monterey is really nice, and so is the aquarium. From there you can head down 1 to go to Carmel (or take the much more scenic, pay route through the Pebble Beach 17 mile drive - we always take our visitors that way at least once). Once in Carmel, park the car and walk down Ocean Ave. to a really beautiful beach. The town is full of shops and restaurants and it's fun to visit. Big Sur is just breathtakingly beautiful, too.

I'm sorry you had to change your plans, but there are still lost of nice places to visit here.
Thank you!

Muir Woods requires parking reservations or a shuttle from several miles away. Research and plan ahead.

I'd recommend Hearst Castle as long as you are driving up the coast. Nothing else like it. Also Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park.
Thanks! I made our parking reservation. Hopefully we can time getting there correctly because you have to choose a 30-minute window.

I got this email from Chase. I got one earlier in the week that they were refunding a credit balance that was sitting on my CP. I thought it would be a check but I guess not. Is this legit? I think so but wanted to see what you thought. It has the last 4 of the acct number and the amount of the credit balance in the email.
E97612E7-0DFE-4EB8-BFF6-F9264F010CD7.jpeg

I got this email from Chase. I got one earlier in the week that they were refunding a credit balance that was sitting on my CP. I thought it would be a check but I guess not. Is this legit? I think so but wanted to see what you thought. It has the last 4 of the acct number and the amount of the credit balance in the email.
View attachment 756920
I seem to recall something like this a few years back, but cannot advise if the email is a mimic of a Chase one or not without seeing the header ect. So my advise to everyone who asks me about these type emails is to log into your account (NEVER click links even if you think it is 100% legit) and navigate the site to verify or give them a call using a known number not one from an email. I do the same for anyone who calls me and wants me to verify who I am, Nope other way around!

I seem to recall something like this a few years back, but cannot advise if the email is a mimic of a Chase one or not without seeing the header ect. So my advise to everyone who asks me about these type emails is to log into your account (NEVER click links even if you think it is 100% legit) and navigate the site to verify or give them a call using a known number not one from an email. I do the same for anyone who calls me and wants me to verify who I am, Nope other way around!
Yeah I know LOL. I am out and about and don’t have my card with me. This is the website it wants me to go to. I will have to wait till I can get to the card. It links to a page with my name and info not this main page.
635AFD5E-F89D-42D3-9CA6-A70037D8D234.png

Anyone else annoyed by the lack of airline transfer bonuses from Amex lately? It used to seem as if they had transfer bonuses every month to BA and Virgin, but lately nada. I'm waiting to transfer a bunch of points to BA and it's annoying. I wonder if they are cutting back on them? Transfer bonuses are one of the reasons I've come to favor MRs over URs so this would be a not-so-great development.
Who usually pays for the bonuses? If it's the card issuer that's one thing, if it's the airline, no reason to offer bonuses right now. Planes are packed.

View attachment 756920
I would call or SM Chase directly and ask.

Got a letter from Chase that they cut the CL on my CSP from 5k to $650, funny part is my score is 30 points higher now than it was when I was approved for it 7 years ago. Thinking I may very well be done with Chase after this. I can't justify keeping a $95 AF card with a CL that isn't usable.

We are all booked for our Nov. Hawaii trip:). I am the worst at getting the best value for points, but I prefer to have as little out of pocket cost right now vs. getting better value later🤷🏼‍♀️
We are staying 3 nights at Outrigger Waikiki using Chase URs, I booked our Hawaiian flights on our CSR. I will use pay yourself back at 1.25 for groceries(we spend so much on groceries!) vs 1.5 thru the portal because I am a little wary of booking flight with Chase points. Also used our DVC points to book 6 nights at Aulani. I am pretty much out of URs but our flights and hotels are all paid for. Will pay cash for car rental through Costco. Need to work on discounted Disney gifts card for Aulani.

About to move onto reducing our cash cost for our June 2024 trip. We are spending 2-3 days in Seattle before boarding the NCL Encore for an Alaskan cruise. Need to lay off Chase for a little while since I will need to build up my SW points next year. Our Universal trip this summer will wipe out those points.

It looks like Alaska Airlines, Delta and JetBlue fly nonstop JFK- Seattle, so Ill have to pick which 2 I want to focus on getting points for.

Just want to say thanks to this board again. This trip wouldn’t be possible without points, and I wouldn’t have gotten all these points without tips on here. DD18 is college plus Dh and I both decided this year to go back and work on new degrees so paying for 3 tuitions at once doesn’t leave much for big travel plans. Yet here we are going to FL in June, Hawaii in Nov and Alaska in June🥰

Got a letter from Chase that they cut the CL on my CSP from 5k to $650, funny part is my score is 30 points higher now than it was when I was approved for it 7 years ago. Thinking I may very well be done with Chase after this. I can't justify keeping a $95 AF card with a CL that isn't usable.
That's crazy. Did they give a reason? Do you use the card a lot?

Does Amex Business Platinum have a global entry benefit? I cant find it.

View attachment 756920
I've received these emails when I've had longstanding credits on cards. I didn't want to set up a payment account, so I ignored them. Chase mailed me checks instead.

That's crazy. Did they give a reason? Do you use the card a lot?
I'm curious also. Only time I have had a CL cut was when I hadn't been using the card, and that was for store cards like Target and Kohls. I barely use some of my Chase co-branded cards (SW, Marriott, IHG) but have never had a CL cut.

I've received these emails when I've had longstanding credits on cards. I didn't want to set up a payment account, so I ignored them. Chase mailed me checks instead.
Yeah I just found the original emails where they said they were issuing a credit. It does say I will get a check if I don’t sign up so I am just ignoring it.
I got a check today for my state tax refund, when federal did direct deposit. Very odd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter