I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Looking for advice about which card my husband should be putting his business expenses on. He has SW, United and Marriott, which are the brands he frequents. He also has an Amex Corporate card thats silver (Platinum?). Where does it make the most sense to put these expenditures?
I'm not sure what the Amex benefits are, but he gets the benefits--but I don't think he can put non-business expenses on it. I'm pretty sure Southwest should go on that card. He has United Explorer and Marriott Bold (lowest one) and we weren't sure what he should put his hotel on. He has relatively high status in Marriott.

My email says:
"Set up direct deposit by 04/21/2023 to get your $300 Chase checking bonus.
Deposit a total of $15,000 in new money to your savings account by 02/20/2023
Maintain a $15,000 savings balance through 04/21/2023 to get your $200 Chase savings bonus.
Complete steps 1, 2 and 3 to get your extra $400 bonus.

After you complete these steps, you'll receive your bonuses within 15 days."

I definitely got the 15k in by February (I got it in right away) and kept it through 4/21. So, that was the date I qualified for the bonus. They technically have a couple more days before they exceed the 15 listed, but it's frustrating to see others who had later end dates already getting their money!
Ah should have finished reading the thread before I posted. Do you still have the tracker on the account? If I log into the app with my personal account credentials ( I combined my biz and personal and you can't see it on that one) when I go to my savings there's a To do list that shows my bonus progress. From what I can see on some DPs it may say when to expect it -

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/targeted-chase-900-checking-savings-bonus/#comment-1605711

I have a couple more days to see on mine.

With rakuten? It's not new or different but you used to only be able to do it when making a nee rakuten account. Now you just need to go into your rakuten settings and link it to your amex.
They made an option to convert accounts not long after. I can find DoC's post from 2019.
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/ebat...m-cash-earn-to-membership-rewards-points-earn

When they'd do higher cash sign up offers, this was a convenient way to get the better cash offer but then still earn MR points going forward.
Looks like I made this change from cash to points back in 2021. But I sorta feel like that was also maybe around reactivating the account from when it used to be whatever site it was before rakuten.

View attachment 758276
eBates! Still can't get used to the new name. And apparently it's been quite a while since it was new :laughing:

They made an option to convert accounts not long after. I can find DoC's post from 2019

Never saw that. Also feel like whenever it's been mentioned on r/churning being able to switch is never discussed.

I don't shop enough online at places that give anything. Amazon and target I don't even bother, I just order through their apps.

ETA also entirely possible that when it did open up to anyone I didn't have an mr card yet and by the time I did in 2020 it wasn't discussed much.

My newest "newbie question":

I just found out that we have to travel to a wedding in Colorado Springs on 23 September. We have one CSP that is new (no points yet) and I am looking through that portal for flights/hotels/rental car, etc... I am thinking we will fly from BWI to Denver, then drive the last hour to Colorado Springs

1- The Chase Portal is popping up options for Spirit, Jetblue, and Frontier Airlines, and I have *ZERO* experience with any of these. Can someone give me first-hand feedback about them? I am leery of the "budget airlines," but I thought I'd ask you guys before I rule them out.

2- Bonus question... a lot of the travel I'm looking at is still greyed-out through Chase... HOW do you keep your patience? I want answers *NOW*!!!!! :rotfl2:

I applied for a SW business card yesterday and it is in review. How long does it normally take to get an answer?

Ah should have finished reading the thread before I posted. Do you still have the tracker on the account? If I log into the app with my personal account credentials ( I combined my biz and personal and you can't see it on that one) when I go to my savings there's a To do list that shows my bonus progress. From what I can see on some DPs it may say when to expect it -

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/targeted-chase-900-checking-savings-bonus/#comment-1605711

I have a couple more days to see on mine.

Thanks for this. I've tried using personal credentials on website and app, no sign of a tracker. I clearly enrolled in the offer correctly because a) I got the checking bonus and b) I have that email. If I call now, I'm sure they'll just tell me it hasn't been 15 days, so I'm going to give it until next Tuesday and, if there's still no bonus, give them a call.

And before that it was FatWallet! Wow I’m an old timer lol
You sent me down a rabbit hole for TIL as I didn't realize that's what happened to FatWallet!

I'm going to out myself as an old timer and say "I remember when eBates first launched." I tried it, it sucked (literally nothing tracked), and then I waited for them to get their act together.

So eBates has been around since 1999, and apparently FatWallet was started around the same time as a coupon site and very soon after offered rebates as well. And then, of course, grew into the massive deal seeking forum community that I remember. In 2011 eBates bought FatWallet (and a few others) to become the general force of cashback/affiliate marketing. Also interesting was it was only a few years later in 2014 that Rakuten bought eBates. Took them until 2019 before they rebranded. I didn't realize the sale was that long before. I that point I didn't have an eBates account anymore.

I find it hysterical that Rakuten is still using the ' quarterly' payment model that I recall from back in the day. (I'm sure it's probably in part due to the payment schedule from the affiliates.) I don't recall details but I remember there being some weird monthly or quarterly check that was supposed to magically appear in the mail after online shopping. Good times.

I just found out that we have to travel to a wedding in Colorado Springs on 23 September. We have one CSP that is new (no points yet) and I am looking through that portal for flights/hotels/rental car, etc... I am thinking we will fly from BWI to Denver, then drive the last hour to Colorado Springs

1- The Chase Portal is popping up options for Spirit, Jetblue, and Frontier Airlines, and I have *ZERO* experience with any of these. Can someone give me first-hand feedback about them? I am leery of the "budget airlines," but I thought I'd ask you guys before I rule them out.

2- Bonus question... a lot of the travel I'm looking at is still greyed-out through Chase... HOW do you keep your patience? I want answers *NOW*!!!!! :rotfl2:
SW also will get you BWI to DEN nonstop. Once you have your UR points, you can transfer them to SW to book your flights. SW has a big presence in both BWI and DEN. IMO, I'd trust SW before Spirit and Frontier.

For hotels, if Hyatt hotels are a possibility, they are often the best deal on points. Once again, you would transfer your UR points to Hyatt.

Cars: often the best deal is through Costco travel. Can't use points straight up there. Sometimes I'll opt to use my Capital One Venture or Venture X to erase a car charge.

Thanks for this. I've tried using personal credentials on website and app, no sign of a tracker. I clearly enrolled in the offer correctly because a) I got the checking bonus and b) I have that email. If I call now, I'm sure they'll just tell me it hasn't been 15 days, so I'm going to give it until next Tuesday and, if there's still no bonus, give them a call.
Just a hint for next Tuesday - Not the checking bonus, but a CIU bonus. I was waiting for mine and checked multiple times during the day. Went to bed with no bonus. Woke up next morning and it was there.

People were reporting receiving bonuses all day and i was confused and unhappy. So, don't give up early next Tuesday.

I have to cancel an Amex Marriott Biz card for my mother. Can I do this online through chat? Will they call her and try to get her to keep it open, like chase often does? Thanks!

I finally received my new CIU, 3 days after a property tax payment was due. I was worried about being able to meet the SUB, but dd sent me a tuition receipt for her summer course (over $1,000.00) and I have to pay a huge vet bill (my 13 yr old doggie now has a heart murmur and dd's 4 yr kitty apparently has low platelets -- I will have to pay for an u/s of doggie's heart to see where the murmur is and if she is okay to have her teeth cleaned, so another $800.00 coming up). That puts me well over 1/3 of the way there.

Today is dd's 21st birthday :bday:! Like a good mom I texted her "Happy Birthday, May the 4th Be With You" like I do every year! We are having an early dinner and cake, then her and her bf are going to see the new Marvel movie. Tomorrow we are going to a nice vegetarian restaurant downtown for dinner.

She got a job as a Seasonal Zookeeper at the Zoo and she is beyond thrilled. She started on Tuesday and will work 7-3:30 Tues. - Saturday. This is her third summer at the Zoo and she will def go back next summer as a Zookeeper, so she'll have 4 years of experience at the Zoo under her belt when she applies to vet school in September, 2024.

You sent me down a rabbit hole for TIL as I didn't realize that's what happened to FatWallet!

I'm going to out myself as an old timer and say "I remember when eBates first launched." I tried it, it sucked (literally nothing tracked), and then I waited for them to get their act together.

So eBates has been around since 1999, and apparently FatWallet was started around the same time as a coupon site and very soon after offered rebates as well. And then, of course, grew into the massive deal seeking forum community that I remember. In 2011 eBates bought FatWallet (and a few others) to become the general force of cashback/affiliate marketing. Also interesting was it was only a few years later in 2014 that Rakuten bought eBates. Took them until 2019 before they rebranded. I didn't realize the sale was that long before. I that point I didn't have an eBates account anymore.

I find it hysterical that Rakuten is still using the ' quarterly' payment model that I recall from back in the day. (I'm sure it's probably in part due to the payment schedule from the affiliates.) I don't recall details but I remember there being some weird monthly or quarterly check that was supposed to magically appear in the mail after online shopping. Good times.
I was very sad when fat wallet closed down the forums. Great site

Looking for advice about which card my husband should be putting his business expenses on. He has SW, United and Marriott, which are the brands he frequents. He also has an Amex Corporate card thats silver (Platinum?). Where does it make the most sense to put these expenditures?
I'm not sure what the Amex benefits are, but he gets the benefits--but I don't think he can put non-business expenses on it. I'm pretty sure Southwest should go on that card. He has United Explorer and Marriott Bold (lowest one) and we weren't sure what he should put his hotel on. He has relatively high status in Marriott.
Of those options I would go with whichever airline you use more. I would look into a BBP or one of the Chase Sapphire cards to increase flexibility.

1. JetBlue over Spirit and Frontier by a long ways. SW over JetBlue on that route and quite probably United over SW if the price is close.
2. I never book travel through the Chase portal. I transfer points to the program I'm going to use and book directly with that provider. Whether it's Hyatt, SW or United, I have heard and seen too many horror stories of people having issues because they booked through the portal. I only book my rental cars through www.autoslash.com which looks at all publicly available discount codes and then tracks the rental for price drops.

We’ve flown Frontier many times. You get what you pay for lol. It’s usually much cheaper and one of the only airlines we can get nonstop to see family.

SW also will get you BWI to DEN nonstop. Once you have your UR points, you can transfer them to SW to book your flights. SW has a big presence in both BWI and DEN. IMO, I'd trust SW before Spirit and Frontier.

For hotels, if Hyatt hotels are a possibility, they are often the best deal on points. Once again, you would transfer your UR points to Hyatt.

Cars: often the best deal is through Costco travel. Can't use points straight up there. Sometimes I'll opt to use my Capital One Venture or Venture X to erase a car charge.
On my most recent car rental (picking it up tomorrow), I found it was less going through the CapOne (Venture X) Travel portal than Costco to my surprise. Plus it earns 10x on the VX. Each time I checked the two platforms were within $10 of each other, and I rebooked each time it was lower.

Piggybacking on Psychodisney's post, @Zhoen there are three Hyatt properties in Colorado Springs. If you get a chance to check out Garden of the Gods (there is a Hyatt Place near-ish) that's worth spending some time checking it out. So is the drive up to Pike's Peak, it is breathtaking. Personally I prefer the layout of Hyatt House to Hyatt Place, but the airport location is unappealing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter