I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

So our plan is to fly into DC the day before we fly to Germany. The hotel we’re staying at has a pool and I’m sure ds will ask to swim. Idk if we should try drying our suits in the hotel dryer before flying or what we should do. Any ideas?
I would dry the suits in the dryer. One time won't ruin them.

So our plan is to fly into DC the day before we fly to Germany. The hotel we’re staying at has a pool and I’m sure ds will ask to swim. Idk if we should try drying our suits in the hotel dryer before flying or what we should do. Any ideas?
You could also bring along extra, old suits and just leave them.

Is there a way to buy universal Orlando park tickets with URs or MRs?

Check the chase travel portal under activities. Back in 2019, I purchased Universal tickets with URs. Not sure if anything has changed since then.

I know I’ve posted about this previously, but if you’re looking for Disneyland tickets (not World unfortunately), they are available in the Chase portal for points.
The problem is that they’re listed as more money on the portal than on the direct website (about $300 more for our 3 day park hoppers with Genie +).
Universal on both coasts also has tickets available for what it’s worth.

Just saw this. Yes, you can book if you go through the Chase UR portal. There’s several options for the length and type of ticket on there :)

Thanks for the tips. I priced Universal out through Universal, Chase portal and Undercover Tourist for our dates.

UCT is about 5% cheaper than direct with Universal
Chase portal is 21% more than buying direct from Universal

Even though I have the CSR, I don't think it would make sense to use the portal. But maybe I'm thinking about that wrong?

Good morning and Happy Saturday, everyone.

I know it was a terrible use of Chase URs but I was in desperate need of a new computer with no way to pay for it... so I redeemed a bunch of URs through the Chase Apple Store (or whatever the partnership is called). It took MUCH longer to ship than anticipated ( I think I ordered it on April 6 and it finally shipped on the 22nd or something) and I would never do it again but there was a need so... I guess I really can't complain. My first time owning a Mac instead of a PC so there is definitely a learning curve there.

I have my work trip to Sacramento coming up Monday- even though I don't get the spending points since I have to use my work card, I did get to make the reservations under my Southwest and Marriot accounts, so at least I'll get 'credit' for the stay and the flights under those accounts. I will report back if I find that I got 'credit' for all four rooms I booked under my name, or just the one I personally occupied.

I purchased EBCI on my own for the flights so I hope it makes it worth it. I prefer a window seat (always!) and I don't mind sitting in my seat for awhile while everyone else loads.

Wanting to add the 16 year old as an AU on one of my no-fee cards (the Chase Freedom isn't an option because my other son still uses that) so I am thinking I'll do the Quicksilver because it's not about earning rewards- it's just to build his credit.

Got an email offer for the Citi AA Mastercard, which I have had in the past but closed it on 7/8/21 so not quite two years ago. Does anyone know if it's likely they'd approve me? And, are AA miles harder to use these days? I don't fly much but we did find use for the miles to take a couple of quick flights to Southern California.
That is NOT a bad way to use your points! Any use of points is good if it saves you money that otherwise would have come out of your pocket. I switched to a Macbook about 2.5 years ago. There was definitely a learning curve, but you will get used to it pretty quickly.

I had to edit it to say NOT a bad way to use the points. Which is what I meant.

Thanks for the tips. I priced Universal out through Universal, Chase portal and Undercover Tourist for our dates.

Even though I have the CSR, I don't think it would make sense to use the portal. But maybe I'm thinking about that wrong?
Are you using cash or points? It burns me up that they charge more than the direct website using the portal, but ultimately I’m of the mindset that “free is for me.” So I’ll “pay” extra if it’s points and free 🤷‍♀️

Are you using cash or points? It burns me up that they charge more than the direct website using the portal, but ultimately I’m of the mindset that “free is for me.” So I’ll “pay” extra if it’s points and free 🤷‍♀️
If I bought through the portal I would use points. "Free is for me" is a great mindset!

Going this route, I'm only getting 1.18cpp when I compare the points to the UCT price. (UCT price/Chase portal points= 1.18) Since I can get better value transferring to Hyatt, Southwest or most other travel partner, I'll hold on to them for that purpose. Math is tough on a Saturday.

If I bought through the portal I would use points. "Free is for me" is a great mindset!

Going this route, I'm only getting 1.18cpp when I compare the points to the UCT price. (UCT price/Chase portal points= 1.18) Since I can get better value transferring to Hyatt, Southwest or most other travel partner, I'll hold on to them for that purpose. Math is tough on a Saturday.
Could you buy VGC at the grocery store and then use PYB?

Thanks for this info!

Recently you guys (at least I **THINK** it was this thread) mentioned that Costco was doing a 2-day sale on Southwest $500 GCs...

Of course at the time I had no need for SW tickets, and now, of course, I do (x4)... so I wanted to ask "At this moment (or the next few weeks) what is the best avenue for buying September SW tickets?"

- I am new to the churning game and will be paying cash, not points
- I am looking directly through the SW website for my quote of $500-ish rt/pp
- If I use my CSP to book the tickets, that would be 2% back in points, I think
- Buying discounted GCs on Raise at 7.6% discount beats that 2% kickback, especially if I use my Quicksilver card for 1.5% all-categories cash back...
- (And of course, I'll make sure to add everyone's ANCIENT SW rewards numbers to the tickets... we haven't flown in YEARS...)

So am I missing any secret deals out there? Or does this look like the best course?

If anyone is interested... I helped my son buy a car last night (totally unexpectedly... long story and I was NOT prepared because I did NOT have a SUB to work on... oops) but the dealership did let me put $9K on a credit card. My "finance guy" asked his boss and I overheard the boss say "I don't care"

Just thought you all might like to know!

I have never once calculated cpp. Free for me is good enough. But paying 21% more on the portal is ridiculous. I'd probably buy thru UCT then use PYB for whatever I have available.

I have never used the Chase or AmEx portal because literally every time I have checked prices it has been more expensive than whatever other source I am considering. Maybe if I had tons of points it wouldn't matter if the portal is a little bit more, but as a P1 (for the most part) I never have a big stash. However, 20% higher is not a little, that is just ridiculous.

I have never used the Chase or AmEx portal because literally every time I have checked prices it has been more expensive than whatever other source I am considering. Maybe if I had tons of points it wouldn't matter if the portal is a little bit more, but as a P1 (for the most part) I never have a big stash. However, 20% higher is not a little, that is just ridiculous.
I frequently use the Chase portal for activities. On our recent Costa Rica trip, I booked multiple tours via the portal, including a private boat cruise. All were the same price online. I have also booked some activities for our upcoming New Orleans trip like a swamp tour and battlefield tour. It's my way of making all our activities 'free.'
I also occasionally book a hotel, usually at a place not part of Hyatt/Marriott/Hilton but I never book flights. Transfer for flights is usually better for multiple reasons.

Recently you guys (at least I **THINK** it was this thread) mentioned that Costco was doing a 2-day sale on Southwest $500 GCs...

Of course at the time I had no need for SW tickets, and now, of course, I do (x4)... so I wanted to ask "At this moment (or the next few weeks) what is the best avenue for buying September SW tickets?"

- Buying discounted GCs on Raise at 7.6% discount beats that 2% kickback, especially if I use my Quicksilver card for 1.5% all-categories cash back...
- (And of course, I'll make sure to add everyone's ANCIENT SW rewards numbers to the tickets... we haven't flown in YEARS...)

So am I missing any secret deals out there? Or does this look like the best course?

Costco still has Southwest $500 GC for $449.99, it's just not as discounted as during the sale. But better than Raise.

I would make a point to have a small amount left to put on the CSP for travel insurance. Also, I prefer to book SW as one-ways. The price is the same and makes changes or price drops easier.

I have never once calculated cpp. Free for me is good enough. But paying 21% more on the portal is ridiculous. I'd probably buy thru UCT then use PYB for whatever I have available.
Because we are often paying for 8-9 people, there are always going to be costs that I have to pay for in cash vs points. So I calculate cpp to help me weigh which things will get paid with points vs what I'll have to reach into my pocket for. I also selectively buy points and so if I don't calculate cpp, I could be flushing money down the toilet.

I do want to PYB several things, but I can't seem to make myself pull the trigger because that means putting spend on the CSR that would otherwise go to a SUB. Churning problems... 😁

do you have Meijer near you? they have $5 back in Mperks for every $50 in Gift cards - so same as the Costco deal, but you can use a card with grocery bonus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter