I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

If the nest is in the ground they are unlikely to go away no matter how many cans you spray. Pest control can come and dig up the nest and make sure that they get the Queen. I had that same issue, although mine was in bark dust a couple of years ago. The nest they dug up was surprisingly large. Good luck.
Oh, joy! Sounds like I need to call an exterminator.

It's best to spray after dusk. They'll all head home when it starts getting dark. Just spray straight down into the hole. I've had success the few times I've had to do it without using a hole can 🙂
Thank you! I’ll give this a shot tomorrow night.

What is everyone doing for savings accounts right now? I'm earning 4.3% with Capital One but I'm sure I could do better. I've toyed with the idea of buying t-bills (1 or 3 month) but I'm not sure it's worth the effort.
I'm currently buying T-bills which have a better yield than my online savings account. Bonus that there is no state tax on them. Another option if you have a brokerage account is a money market fund - some are yielding almost 5%.

What are the Hertz horror stories? I just did a rental reservation through Chase travel and Hertz gave me the lowest rate so I booked them. Usually the lowest was Budget, Avis, or Enterprise and I never had any issues with any of them.
cant remember the number but around 300+ people got arrested by hertz they later sued and won, amongst other things. Things like if hertz couldn't find a rental agreement on a car they would just report it stolen.

edit heres a link
https://www.npr.org/2022/12/06/1140998674/hertz-false-accusation-stealing-cars-settlement

Last edited:
What is everyone doing for savings accounts right now? I'm earning 4.3% with Capital One but I'm sure I could do better. I've toyed with the idea of buying t-bills (1 or 3 month) but I'm not sure it's worth the effort.
wealth front even beats my Credit union im getting 5.05%+ right now with my boost from a referral. I want to say its 4.55% when the bonus drops off.

I'm switching to BMO Alto, which is at 4.75% and has 5.25% 12-month CDs available. I gave Marcus a shot and I liked the 4.15%/1-day transfers, but found out they prevent transfers to accounts that haven't put money into Marcus (e.g. If I moved $5,000 from Ally to Marcus, I couldn't send that $5,000 to my Wells Fargo, only back to Ally).

I'm switching to BMO Alto, which is at 4.75% and has 5.25% 12-month CDs available. I gave Marcus a shot and I liked the 4.15%/1-day transfers, but found out they prevent transfers to accounts that haven't put money into Marcus (e.g. If I moved $5,000 from Ally to Marcus, I couldn't send that $5,000 to my Wells Fargo, only back to Ally).
yeah wf the longest its takes is 2 days for me most of the time its the next day (after a few transfers) most of the time its the next day but I'm sure its based on some algorithm im not prive too.

yeah wf the longest its takes is 2 days for me most of the time its the next day (after a few transfers) most of the time its the next day but I'm sure its based on some algorithm im not prive too.
The push time wasn't a problem for me. It was more the hassle of not being able to push to accounts that I haven't previously used to fund my savings in Marcus. They said that restriction is only for new accounts, but could not give me an answer as to when that restriction was going to be dropped, so I dropped them lol.

I've been toying with paying off my mortgage but I've got a 2% interest rate so I think it makes more sense to keep the money invested.
All I can add to this discussion is my own experience..... Paid off our 15 yr mortgage in Oct 2021- great rate of 3.25.... payment wasn't high at all, we could easily swing it on our income. I just had a voice inside my head telling me to pay it off ASAP. I had other options- I could play around with the extra income I had (invest it,etc) but this voice wouldn't go away. So I hit it HARD that year from 2020-2021,pandemic provided extra checks (remember those?) and finished 8 years early. Now I know that voice inside my head was a warning,my P2 wasn't well,and altho it took quite a while to fully realize, he was unable to work as of Jan '22. Just flat out stop.
P2 was our sole income prior to this- and thru all the difficulties, the one thing I was glad about was that I no longer had to worry about that payment,or a roof over our heads. (It was the one thing I got right for sure)
I personally feel that being a certain age made me start thinking about the possibility of life changes,which are inevitable with age anyway,ours was just an extreme example.
Now that things in my life are settling down a bit,I'm still not sorry I paid off my home.

With the talk about bank accounts - the main issue I've run into is being able to transfer money between accounts.

For example, I just opened a citibank accelerated savings account for DH and myself. It earns 4.05% and has a $150 bonus for funding $20,000 within the first 20 days. DHs went fine. It let me transfer money from our local bank to them $10,000 at a time with no issues at all. When I opened my account, I'm having issue after issue. I first tried transferring just like I did into DH's account. I did it all through my citibank login and (I guess) pulled the money into his account. When I did that with mine, it got cancelled, so I called citibank and they said that I needed to "push" it from my local bank. I went in and linked the accounts and did a trial push of $150 that went through fine. Now when I go to move the rest of the money, I find out there is a $5,000 limit per month. Very frustrating that I have plenty of money sitting there and I can't transfer more than $5,000 a month! At this point, I guess I'm going to wire the money (per suggestion of my local bank), but I'm not sure yet if there will be a fee for this or not. If there is, I will ask them to waive it since I can't transfer in any other way. I guess I could mail a physical check, but that just seems wrong to have to do that.

I did run into the same problem when we built our home. I have money in a few HYSAs up to their limit of what we were receiving the high rate on. When I went to get the money out to pay off our loan, I could again only move $5,000 out of them. So, maybe I should have expected it this time, but it worked with DHs account and it's not a special account, just a regular checking.

Anyway, I find it frustrating when trying to do these bonus offers that banks use and then you can't easily move the money. They have given me the option of doing a wire transfer, but that costs $25, and I really don't want to pay that if I don't have to.

I did the Chase bonus a few months back for DH and myself and with that one I actually had to go to the bank to deposit the money in person. That's not a option with citibank because there are no branches within 100 miles of where I live.

With the talk about bank accounts - the main issue I've run into is being able to transfer money between accounts.

For example, I just opened a citibank accelerated savings account for DH and myself. It earns 4.05% and has a $150 bonus for funding $20,000 within the first 20 days. DHs went fine. It let me transfer money from our local bank to them $10,000 at a time with no issues at all. When I opened my account, I'm having issue after issue. I first tried transferring just like I did into DH's account. I did it all through my citibank login and (I guess) pulled the money into his account. When I did that with mine, it got cancelled, so I called citibank and they said that I needed to "push" it from my local bank. I went in and linked the accounts and did a trial push of $150 that went through fine. Now when I go to move the rest of the money, I find out there is a $5,000 limit per month. Very frustrating that I have plenty of money sitting there and I can't transfer more than $5,000 a month! At this point, I guess I'm going to wire the money (per suggestion of my local bank), but I'm not sure yet if there will be a fee for this or not. If there is, I will ask them to waive it since I can't transfer in any other way. I guess I could mail a physical check, but that just seems wrong to have to do that.

I did run into the same problem when we built our home. I have money in a few HYSAs up to their limit of what we were receiving the high rate on. When I went to get the money out to pay off our loan, I could again only move $5,000 out of them. So, maybe I should have expected it this time, but it worked with DHs account and it's not a special account, just a regular checking.

Anyway, I find it frustrating when trying to do these bonus offers that banks use and then you can't easily move the money. They have given me the option of doing a wire transfer, but that costs $25, and I really don't want to pay that if I don't have to.

I did the Chase bonus a few months back for DH and myself and with that one I actually had to go to the bank to deposit the money in person. That's not a option with citibank because there are no branches within 100 miles of where I live.
ill just leave this here.
https://support.wealthfront.com/hc/en-us/articles/360048501391-Limits-on-transfers-and-spending
Also, I have not visited a branch in years.
Most CUs refund your atm fees.

Could you do a mobile check deposit with the Citi app instead of mailing a check / wire transfer?

Could you do a mobile check deposit with the Citi app instead of mailing a check / wire transfer?
That's a great idea! I'll look into that.

My bank did say that they will waive the wire transfer fee since I can't move it any other way, but I want to be able to move money in the future as well.

I recommend checking out DoC's page where you can see the ACH pulls/push limits by bank, transaction amount, daily limit, etc. It's a goldmine of information. I ran into similar issues doing a Discover savings account bonus years ago, and found the information on that page very helpful.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/hub-...es-fees-limits-across-financial-institutions/

Funny thing this subject came up because I was just showing my teen that particular page on the DoC website this morning.

I keep an Ally account open for that reason. Ally has a $250,000 monthly limit (or something like that). For what it's worth, Ally's HYSA rate is 4.00%, but it offers a No Penalty CD rate of 4.25% and the transfer time from the NPCD back to Savings is instantaneous (the funds are only restricted for 7 days). So, if you move money at large volumes from your HYSA to other accounts, you may like Ally. I also use Ally to pull from other accounts with a lower monthly limit, so its my utility backup.

Back several months ago I opened the Wells Fargo savings account (had to be opened in branch) and needed to transfer $25,000 in by day 30. I had to take a check in personally because the online deposit only allowed $5000 per transaction/ $6000 per month total. Then they sent me a letter saying they were flagging the transaction for fraud because I opened a new account and deposited $25,000 into it! Even though 1) that was THEIR requirement for the bonus, and 2) the whole amount had come out of our Chase checking account on the day I deposited the check. I did finally get my $525 bonus after 90 days and was pleasantly surprised that they let me transfer $25,000 out in 2 separate online transactions in one month.

When we did the Chase bonus I was easily able to transfer a large amount online into that account from Ally, and have never had trouble transferring a lot to/from my PNC checking.

Last edited:
I recommend checking out DoC's page where you can see the ACH pulls/push limits by bank, transaction amount, daily limit, etc. It's a goldmine of information. I ran into similar issues doing a Discover savings account bonus years ago, and found the information on that page very helpful.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/hub-...es-fees-limits-across-financial-institutions/

Funny thing this subject came up because I was just showing my teen that particular page on the DoC website this morning.

I keep an Ally account open for that reason. Ally has a $250,000 monthly limit (or something like that). For what it's worth, Ally's HYSA rate is 4.00%, but it offers a No Penalty CD rate of 4.25% and the transfer time from the NPCD back to Savings is instantaneous (the funds are only restricted for 7 days). So, if you move money at large volumes from your HYSA to other accounts, you may like Ally. I also use Ally to pull from other accounts with a lower monthly limit, so its my utility backup.

Back several months ago I opened the Wells Fargo savings account (had to be opened in branch) and needed to transfer $25,000 in by day 30. I had to take a check in personally because the online deposit only allowed $5000 per transaction/ $6000 per month total. Then they sent me a letter saying they were flagging the transaction for fraud because I opened a new account and deposited $25,000 into it! Even though 1) that was THEIR requirement for the bonus, and 2) the whole amount had come out of our Chase checking account on the day I deposited the check. I did finally get my $525 bonus after 90 days and was pleasantly surprised that they let me transfer $25,000 out in 2 separate online transactions in one month.

When we did the Chase bonus I was easily able to transfer a large amount online into that account from Ally, and have never had trouble transferring a lot to/from my PNC checking.

Thank you all so much! Everyone here is just a wealth of information! DH and I have done a few bank accounts, but would like to hit them a bit harder now that we're done with our house and have more money to float. I definitely need to look into the limits etc to make this as easy as possible. One issue is that our local bank is not recognized by plaid, so I always have to do the manual verification. I don't mind it, but it definitely takes a bit longer.

Finally got ds's car settled. The insurance company initially made a low-ball offer, so I sought an independent appraisal. After not hearing from them for 3 weeks I contacted their Ombudsperson office. Spoke to their Ombudsperson on Thursday and got an offer today for the full appraised value. It's been frustrating to wait it out, but worth it I guess. Settlement is $6,500.00 higher than the initial offer. Thankfully ds works from home and didn't need a car after rental coverage ended on July 14th (he didn't end up getting a rental). I bought him a 2022 Audi Q3 with 7k miles and we are getting a third party alarm system installed with remote kill switch that won't mess with the electrical system in the car. He will also be using a club and having several gps chips installed by a company called Tag; if it's stolen again the Tag team will track it and if possible, retrieve it (because the police in this city do.not.care at all).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter