I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Which is what I see as well until I get to that final screen in my screen shot. It shows the miles as an air transportation charge. Then another air transportation charge of 554.80 and then the taxes of 146. The miles and taxes agree with what I see on the same screen you showed. What I'm trying to figure out is if that 554.80 goes away once I transfer enough miles into aeroplan. Because of it doesn't then it's not worth my transfering the miles over.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230810-124805.png
    Screenshot_20230810-124805.png
    46.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20230810-155112.png
    Screenshot_20230810-155112.png
    46.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20230810-155320.png
    Screenshot_20230810-155320.png
    46.5 KB · Views: 4
For Amex Offers, I have $120 back if I spend $599 at Dell. I've pulled together an order that is $594.97 before tax and $638 with. Will that trigger it or do you think I need to hit $599 pretax? I looked at the (long) terms and didn't see any mention.
I would assume it has to be pre-tax. Do they sell AirTags? They’re like $20 and good to put in checked luggage.

Any New Orleans travelers here? Somehow we (well, my kids) scored 4 Taylor Swift tickets this morning and I have been tasked with finding a hotel. A Google search says the concert is at the Ceasars Superdome. Any walkable hotels? I have Hilton points, Chase UR points, and AmEx MR points. I also have 14 months to acquire other kinds of points (although my daughter says to book ASAP, which I think is next month).

Which is what I see as well until I get to that final screen in my screen shot. It shows the miles as an air transportation charge. Then another air transportation charge of 554.80 and then the taxes of 146. The miles and taxes agree with what I see on the same screen you showed. What I'm trying to figure out is if that 554.80 goes away once I transfer enough miles into aeroplan. Because of it doesn't then it's not worth my transfering the miles over.

Looks like a 60% points + cash rate. There are 4 ways to book Aeroplan awards. Maybe because you have no points, it only gives you the option for the least amount of points.

@ten6mom and anyone else looking at Hawaii ot has a trip planned. Maui may be out for awhile depending on where and when you are going. These wild fires are devastating and has burned some of Lahaina. Sounds like kannapali also has been hit. No signs of containment any time soon either. So sad and feel for all the residents that have lost their homes.
Thank you... I had seen some info on this (not sure where I first saw it) and it sounds like it has just been awful.

Does anyone know what started the fire? Was it lighting/dry brush or...?

Looks like a 60% points + cash rate. There are 4 ways to book Aeroplan awards. Maybe because you have no points, it only gives you the option for the least amount of points.

So how many miles does it actually cost. This is really almost not worth the hassle. Any other program I've used just tells me what I need not with other options when I didn't ask for them. Especially frustrating when they know you can transfer points in.

So how many miles does it actually cost. This is really almost not worth the hassle. Any other program I've used just tells me what I need not with other options when I didn't ask for them. Especially frustrating when they know you can transfer points in.

Is it a points+cash rate? Link

It costs 73k points + taxes in the usual way that we book. But there are 3 other ways as well, see article I linked in the quote.

Now I get why people complain about Marriott and the fnc. None of the places we actually wanted to stay at had 2 beds as an option for points but did for cash. So we did a Springhill suites since it has 2 doubles and breakfast which is nice and it's close to where we wanted to be. Didn't even cross my mind it would be an issue since it's never been for hyatt or hilton. Didn't trust maybe being able to get 2 beds at checkin and get stuck with a queen esp when 2 beds is a category.

Just wanted to comment that there are such nice people on this board who go out of their way to do searches for other people, offer advice, check in on people personally, etc. Sometimes as humans, we get busy, or are having a bad day, and perhaps don't express the gratitude we ought to in those moments. But this is a very special board and I wanted to take a moment to say thank you to everyone who posts here and tries to help others out.

Now I get why people complain about Marriott and the fnc. None of the places we actually wanted to stay at had 2 beds as an option for points but did for cash. So we did a Springhill suites since it has 2 doubles and breakfast which is nice and it's close to where we wanted to be. Didn't even cross my mind it would be an issue since it's never been for hyatt or hilton. Didn't trust maybe being able to get 2 beds at checkin and get stuck with a queen esp when 2 beds is a category.
I usually have this problem with Marriott's Residence Inns.

Edit: sometimes they'll only show one bed when you only book for one or two people. Occasionally putting in 3 people will give the two beds, just not at the Residence Inns I've tried for.

Any New Orleans travelers here? Somehow we (well, my kids) scored 4 Taylor Swift tickets this morning and I have been tasked with finding a hotel. A Google search says the concert is at the Ceasars Superdome. Any walkable hotels? I have Hilton points, Chase UR points, and AmEx MR points. I also have 14 months to acquire other kinds of points (although my daughter says to book ASAP, which I think is next month).
We stayed at The Westin in June. It's probably a 30 minute walk if that's doable. There are many closer hotels including Hyatt Regancy and Hyatt House a few blocks from there. I never stayed there so can't say but I'd make a reservation, even tentatively, asap like today or tomorrow if it was me.

We stayed at The Westin in June. It's probably a 30 minute walk if that's doable. There are many closer hotels including Hyatt Regancy and Hyatt House a few blocks from there. I never stayed there so can't say but I'd make a reservation, even tentatively, asap like today or tomorrow if it was me.
Thanks for this! The Hyatt looks like an excellent choice. I'll have to read up on transferring URs (I think I recall that's a good value). Although I seem to recall some issues with people being booted when they've booked with points and the hotel is oversold. And I would book today except the website says that October 2024 is "beyond the booking horizon of 13 months," so I'm adding some calendar alerts for September.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter