I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

This is a nice promotion, $50 is generally their highest offer. The RedCard Reloadable Account has GC potential. It doesn’t list any restrictions and it’s a statement credit instead of a coupon. Just be sure to do one transaction of $50+ within 45 days of registering the card. I can’t see why that wouldn’t work for a GC purchase.

For those who are familiar with the RedCard coupon game, note that they have made some recent changes where you can’t double dip the coupon anymore and, for the hardcore, there’s been chatter about churning restrictions. Check out the comments on DoC for updates from more knowledgeable folks than I. (link - DoctorOfCredit, see Comments)
Ok long DP finally completed!

Based on a few DPs including mine, it's 3 weeks for the statement credit. Pretty consistent 21 days from transaction date.

I bought a $50 DGC and added a filler since you get the 5% discount at the register. (Make sure your total is at or above $52.64 so that the final charge to the card is $50 or more)
Total charge was $50.92 for me.
$50 statement credit for "Account Bonus" received today.

Now I can continue to spend it at Target or anywhere Visa is accepted or use the ATM for most of it.

I haven't extensively tested but I think Target has indeed wised up and only cash reloading is possible. The cashiers claim they only have an option on the register to accept cash when the QR is scanned. This is matching with reports I've seen.

I believe they have the coupon/bonus running again for the RedCards but back to the usual $40.

For some reason I have always called to close cards but I have a Chase card to close and I'm pretty sure I can do that by secure message. For those who have done this, have you said anything more than "Please close the card [number]"?
This what I just sent last week, they closed it same day.
"Hi, Please close my Sapphire Preferred account ending in XXXX. Thanks! "

That's all I recall ever sending to close through SM.

For some reason I have always called to close cards but I have a Chase card to close and I'm pretty sure I can do that by secure message. For those who have done this, have you said anything more than "Please close the card [number]"?
That’s all I say in the SM ….I have had Chase call me after I’ve sent the SM..I don’t pick up and they do close the card

Ok long DP finally completed!

Based on a few DPs including mine, it's 3 weeks for the statement credit. Pretty consistent 21 days from transaction date.

I bought a $50 DGC and added a filler since you get the 5% discount at the register. (Make sure your total is at or above $52.64 so that the final charge to the card is $50 or more)
Total charge was $50.92 for me.
$50 statement credit for "Account Bonus" received today.

Now I can continue to spend it at Target or anywhere Visa is accepted or use the ATM for most of it.

I haven't extensively tested but I think Target has indeed wised up and only cash reloading is possible. The cashiers claim they only have an option on the register to accept cash when the QR is scanned. This is matching with reports I've seen.

I believe they have the coupon/bonus running again for the RedCards but back to the usual $40.
Thanks for being the DP and so thoroughly documenting all of that for us.

My sister is getting married in two weeks. She's older than I am and it's her first marriage. She's having a very casual wedding that I'm not able to make. She's told everyone no gifts but I want to send something. They are honeymooning in Scotland. Any creative ideas?

Part 3 (complete)

Akureyri, Iceland – We did a tour with Iceland Everywhere. I picked them because they are small group (mini-bus max 16-19) and have a very generous cancellation policy. It’s 24 hours before, but they give the option of paying on the bus and don’t take a deposit, so no idea how they’d even enforce that.

Goðafoss:

View attachment 792671

Hverir geothermal area:

View attachment 792672

Isafjordur, Iceland – we skipped this port because the pier wasn’t finished. Apparently, the Prima doesn’t have the ability to tender with their lifeboats. When I was researching, Vigur Island was my top choice. But NCL got a monopoly on their tours for cruise passengers, and it was really overpriced! Ended up deciding on a private taxi tour of Dynjandi waterfall instead (no deposit and was easy to cancel).

Reykjavik – We had an overnight in Reykjavik, so took the free port shuttle that drops off at Harpa concert hall. We walked around the shopping streets and saw where our Airbnb near Sandholt Bakery was.

After the cruise, we spent 3 nights at the Airbnb. It was fun being in the center of town. Our first trip, we only spent a couple hours in Reykjavik, so this filled a hole in our previous itinerary. DH didn’t come on the cruise with us and neither my mom nor I wanted to drive, so I booked private tours with Puffin Travel. They’ve since raised their prices some, but at the time, it wasn’t much more than booking big bus tours for 4 people. Run by an Icelandic husband and wife team, they were great from booking to the actual tour. We learned a lot about Iceland’s history, culture, and geology. I could ask questions to my heart’s content lol. The tours were long days though, so I missed our first trip when DH drove, and we moved from place to place.

One day we did a tour of the Snaefellsnes Peninsula. It’s so beautiful there. I’d like to go back with DH and self-drive at a slower pace. One stop was the Shark Museum where we tasted some fermented shark. The ammonia taste is very strong!

View attachment 792674

Fermented shark drying:

View attachment 792673

The other tour we did was to the Westman Islands. I had no idea until our tour guide told us, but it happened to be the 50th anniversary of the Eldfell volcano eruption stopping. He was living on the island at the time and his sister’s house is buried under the lava. It was so interesting learning about what happened from someone who was there on such an anniversary. The usual sleepy town was filled with people celebrating, where our tour guide ran into friends and his daughter. 😊

We saw so many puffins there. We saw many flying around and there was even a flock in the water. They were pretty far though, so hard to take pictures.

View attachment 792675
Fantastic report! What exactly is the Amex Cruise program?

My sister is getting married in two weeks. She's older than I am and it's her first marriage. She's having a very casual wedding that I'm not able to make. She's told everyone no gifts but I want to send something. They are honeymooning in Scotland. Any creative ideas?
Do you know where she is staying? Maybe calling the hotel you could pay for a wine and cheese special platter to be waiting for them? Or a GC/credit for a dinner there if the hotel has a restaurant?

Another non-honeymoon idea is a GC toward some nice frames/framing for them to use on wedding or honeymoon pics. Michaels does this but they may have a local shop by them too.

I think I have our idea for 2025. I was thinking 2 weeks out west to visit several places. Fly to Seattle, rent a car to do Mt Rainier, Olympic National Park, Crater Lake, Redwood, and then fly to LA to do Joshua tree and/or Disneyland. Obviously I have *plenty* of time before we can book anything to fine tune timing/places/plan but this lets me know I need to start saving a lot hotel points haha

Yes, CA transaction fee is $15 or 5%, whichever is greater. He might try asking if they'd waive the fees as a one time exception.
does that CA fee come up if the CA is denied for being over the CA limit?

With the US bank bus cards, does Turo count as rental cars for the 5% cash back reward booked through the travel portal?

Also Cap one will now let us book Turo with miles through the travel portal, does anyone know if you can pay as mile + cash, or does it have to be all miles to book?

thanks guys

CIC/CIU links for 90k SUB came back. I just got a CIU a month ago, 75k SUB, haven’t met spend yet. How do I ask for a match to 90k? Anyone wanna share their wording when making this request via SM?
I sent this to ask for the increased offer for the CIC when the SUB went up last year:

Good evening,

I recently applied for the Chase Ink Cash. When I applied it was to receive $750 for spending $7,500. I see there is a new offer to receive $900 for reaching a spend amount. I was wondering if there is a way to match that offer?

Thank you for your consideration,
My Name

The next day they replied back that they were happy to match the offer.

CIC/CIU links for 90k SUB came back. I just got a CIU a month ago, 75k SUB, haven’t met spend yet. How do I ask for a match to 90k? Anyone wanna share their wording when making this request via SM?
is this in bank app only? ARRGGGH. I just apped for the CiP 100k offer,this is a better deal! Oh well

Amex offers

Have a stay at Universal's Loews Portofino coming up. This offer $60/$300 at Loews is available and can be found on the generic offers page if looking to put it on a specific card. Get a one-time $60 statement credit by using your enrolled eligible Card to spend a minimum of $300 USD in one or more purchases on room rate and room charges at participating Loews Hotels properties in the US and Canada from 9/8/2023 to 1/5/2024.

I've never stayed at Loew's Universal properties and already have a bunch of credits coming through from FHR benefits, so not sure I would spend $300 there. But, any chance they have a Universal gift shop on site which could be charged to the room?

ETA: T&C states: "Offer not valid for Loews Hotels at Universal Orlando Resort™"

$200/$1000 at select WA, Conrad, LXR. Wasn't previously there but popped up on Amex plat. Get a one-time $200 statement credit by using your enrolled eligible Card to spend a minimum of $1,000 USD in one or more purchases on room rate and room charges, when you pay for your stay at participating Hilton properties in Anguilla, French Polynesia, Mexico and the US from 9/1/2023 to 12/31/2023

Last edited:
is this in bank app only? ARRGGGH. I just apped for the CiP 100k offer,this is a better deal! Oh well
Looking at DOC, seems it is online but not yet for referrals? Just gearing up to refer DH so I will wait a bit and see what comes up next.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase-ink-90000-offers-slated-to-end-soon/
Yeah, there are public links, just not for referrals yet. I just wanna see if they'll match SUB. If not, I may have DH get another CIC now, lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter