I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

I see the Hilton talk is here. The Surpass is probably my fav Amex card. And I love getting the FNC every year. I have over a million Hilton points (and Hilton F&F discount, and looking to work there, LOL). I'm okay w/ the $150 since it comes w/ the credit. I'm sure I can talk the BF into going somewhere once every 3 months, LOL. I lose diamond in March and then I'll need to decide if I want to upgrade to the Aspire or not. Diamond hasn't gotten me much this last year :(

Do we know when the change in AF happens? I need to see when my AF hits. I got it 10/2017. Maybe it already posted and I didn't see, LOL. Also any changes to the Amex Hilton Biz? I just got that card in the spring (again).

I need to use my Office Credit on my Amex Gold Biz and then see if they will offer me any retention. My AF posted this week. If I can get something decent, I'll keep it. Otherwise, I'm going to cancel it. I never use it. And it'll free up an Amex slot, LOL.

Would I need to file a Schedule C to qualify? I would prefer not. I did it for my Amazon Marketplace business for years and it's a PITB.
No biz paperwork is required. A few people have been asked to provide some additional proof of their biz, and if I remember correctly that consisted of verifying their "business address" (home address). Hopefully, someone else will jump in and correct me if my memory is wrong.

UGHHH! DD and I ordered new iPhone. DD's was delivered on Tuesday. Mine was delivered yesterday and 10 minutes after it was delivered it was stolen off our steps. We have cameras showing FedEx dropping it off at 3:45. Then 10 minutes later a guy in a U-Haul with an orange worker vest gets out and goes up and takes the package. Where he was parked, he couldn't even see the steps - so he knew the package was there. Either following the FedEx truck or in cahoots with him. Gave all info/pics to the police. They were able to get pics of the U-Haul truck on their cameras up the road at some stoplights and get the license plate #. Hope they are able to get him - who knows how much stuff was in the truck.

I don't know why I didn't send these to my work... dumb!! But ATT also didn't require a signature either, which is odd. Called ATT and they are sending me a new phone. They blocked the other phone so it won't be able to be used in the US but they said that people send them overseas and they have no control if it is used there.

So, watch out for your packages. The cop said is going to ramp up with the holidays.

Data point on something that surprised me, but maybe is common knowledge? My husband applied for the CFU with the double earnings bonus and got denied. The letter said he was denied because he had already received the SUB on that card within the last 24 months. I was surprised because I knew he had gotten the SUB in February of 2021. BUT then I realized his card had also come with 5x groceries for the first year. I recently read an article (unfortunately I can’t remember where) talking about when a SUB is earned when it includes a “bonus over time” like that. The article speculated that maybe the SUB is only fully earned (and the 24-month clock starts ticking) when that last piece of the bonus posts. That’s what happened here, so my husband’s 24 months won’t end until January 2024, 24 months after he got the last bit of 5x on grocery spend. Again, maybe common knowledge but thought it might be helpful to some, especially those now applying for the CFU with double earning for a year - presumably your 24-month clock won’t start ticking until the end of your double earnings year.

Thanks for the DP! I saw it mentioned but it didn't quite sink in. DH's Hyatt card has the extra 1x for 6 months, so I need to put on my spreadsheet the date he got the last 1x. If we ever want to go for Globalist and get 5 extra elite nights by applying for the card again, this will be important.

UGHHH! DD and I ordered new iPhone. DD's was delivered on Tuesday. Mine was delivered yesterday and 10 minutes after it was delivered it was stolen off our steps. We have cameras showing FedEx dropping it off at 3:45. Then 10 minutes later a guy in a U-Haul with an orange worker vest gets out and goes up and takes the package. Where he was parked, he couldn't even see the steps - so he knew the package was there. Either following the FedEx truck or in cahoots with him. Gave all info/pics to the police. They were able to get pics of the U-Haul truck on their cameras up the road at some stoplights and get the license plate #. Hope they are able to get him - who knows how much stuff was in the truck.

I don't know why I didn't send these to my work... dumb!! But ATT also didn't require a signature either, which is odd. Called ATT and they are sending me a new phone. They blocked the other phone so it won't be able to be used in the US but they said that people send them overseas and they have no control if it is used there.

So, watch out for your packages. The cop said is going to ramp up with the holidays.
That's kinda genius, petty enough plenty of police wouldn't do more than issue a report number and the scheme efficient enough to make it an extremely profitable day with zero physical danger.

Glad you're getting a replacement, fingers crossed you get it this time!

I see the Hilton talk is here. The Surpass is probably my fav Amex card. And I love getting the FNC every year. I have over a million Hilton points (and Hilton F&F discount, and looking to work there, LOL). I'm okay w/ the $150 since it comes w/ the credit. I'm sure I can talk the BF into going somewhere once every 3 months, LOL. I lose diamond in March and then I'll need to decide if I want to upgrade to the Aspire or not. Diamond hasn't gotten me much this last year :(

Do we know when the change in AF happens? I need to see when my AF hits. I got it 10/2017. Maybe it already posted and I didn't see, LOL. Also any changes to the Amex Hilton Biz? I just got that card in the spring (again).

I need to use my Office Credit on my Amex Gold Biz and then see if they will offer me any retention. My AF posted this week. If I can get something decent, I'll keep it. Otherwise, I'm going to cancel it. I never use it. And it'll free up an Amex slot, LOL.

Existing card members will get the Hilton AF increase after 2/1/24. Your AF should hit soon, so you'll get the old AF. I'll get to keep the old AF on one Aspire. :) No changes to the Hilton biz has been announced.

BTW, the gold biz is a charge card, so the limit is 10. Its plenty for me lol, but I do find the 5 credit card slots limiting.

I haven't seen a post about this but here goes, I was pretty loyal to Delta able to get platinum from CC spend and flights, after this fiasco about them moving the bar extremely high I've decided to go free agent and I'm finding flights are actually cheaper with other airlines vs them. I am going to drop my DW au on the card as we can probably deal with the 10 visits a year, but the BOGO is still worth it for us for a trip a year. I'm finding American Airlines to be easier to chase after, I get cross loyalty points for being a Hyatt globalist too as well as when you shop, etc, going to take my first AA trip in years maybe even a decade how are the lounges worth getting the admirals card? Any tips for an American Airlines newbie to get loyalty faster?

For faster loyalty: Check your promotions periodically on Hyatt as sometimes there’s a status match or challenge to AA.

Sign up for AAshopping and AAdining and also AA fuel rewards. Using these will add loyalty points that count towards status. Enroll in simply miles, activate offers and use your MasterCard to pay. You can stack these with the shopping portal.

The Admiral’s lounge in Miami is ok as is most of the other AA lounges I have visited. I’d say they are comparable to Delta lounges. I still prefer Centurion lounges. AA Flagship lounge is also nice.

DH and I just picked up the AA exec card again when it was at 100k just recently. It’s at 70k now but for less spend. The 10k loyalty point bonuses for hitting loyalty point milestones at 50k and 90k will be nice to boost status.

You get 10x for hotel bookings with the card when you book through aa.com/hotels which might be a consideration for hotels where you don’t have status or are non chain properties.

Hope this helps :flower3:

That's kinda genius, petty enough plenty of police wouldn't do more than issue a report number and the scheme efficient enough to make it an extremely profitable day with zero physical danger.

Glad you're getting a replacement, fingers crossed you get it this time!
Yeah. Not sure what all will be done on this or not... This time I have the phone coming to my work!!

For anyone who added the Resy offer to their Amex during member week. It was $25 off $75 x2. We booked 2 restaurants through Resy last weekend in Charleston, the first bill was around $170 and the second around $120. I see a $50 credit for the first one we ate at, but nothing for the second place, so it looks like you can get the whole $50 credit in one transaction, I'm assuming it would have to be $150 or more.

For faster loyalty: Check your promotions periodically on Hyatt as sometimes there’s a status match or challenge to AA.

Sign up for AAshopping and AAdining and also AA fuel rewards. Using these will add loyalty points that count towards status. Enroll in simply miles, activate offers and use your MasterCard to pay. You can stack these with the shopping portal.

The Admiral’s lounge in Miami is ok as is most of the other AA lounges I have visited. I’d say they are comparable to Delta lounges. I still prefer Centurion lounges. AA Flagship lounge is also nice.

DH and I just picked up the AA exec card again when it was at 100k just recently. It’s at 70k now but for less spend. The 10k loyalty point bonuses for hitting loyalty point milestones at 50k and 90k will be nice to boost status.

You get 10x for hotel bookings with the card when you book through aa.com/hotels which might be a consideration for hotels where you don’t have status or are non chain properties.

Hope this helps :flower3:
I got the challenge it seems pretty doable from Hyatt, its what helped me get into that first-class lounge in Japan.
Also, I noticed all my Hyatt spend counts towards the loyalty bonus, I'm a stickler for points and have been doing aa shopping too. AA flagship I'm guessing is for business class or FC flights? going to check out Miami on my next trip.
I got the card too, I didn't know that about other hotels I love my Hyatt rebate right now with card + Globalist it seems like I can get this much easier than delta because of all the other stuff counting towards loyalty. But this would be good when there isn't a Hyatt.

I also did the jetblue card, they gave me the highest mosaic status, if I got the card they extended the mosic until jan 1 2025.
They also waived the 99$ fee and gave me a founders card, now if only mint would go to Europe from Orlando out of the new terminal.

I still had $1800 that needed to be booked by the end of the year (so Covid) plus about $4k from Covid vouchers that I have extended by then cancelling trips). Unlike in the past when I called this week they answered right away and it wasn’t too painful to make the changes I wanted from what I had done initially online. I am hoping the MQD’s will count for Delta status in 2024.

Have you booked things separately? I've been able to book just a hotel. Thinking about using my leftover Delta Vacations voucher on a car rental, but not sure if that's allowed.

Biz cards wouldn't add to that. Though the inquiry might get you too many recent injuries. Or you can do an Amex biz card. It's like it never happened lol.
Yeah, love Amex Biz cards for that reason!

Most of my cards this year have been biz cards so I was thinking avoiding more personal ones would get rid of the "too many new accounts" line. It's fine regardless.

I haven't seen a post about this but here goes, I was pretty loyal to Delta able to get platinum from CC spend and flights, after this fiasco about them moving the bar extremely high I've decided to go free agent and I'm finding flights are actually cheaper with other airlines vs them. I am going to drop my DW au on the card as we can probably deal with the 10 visits a year, but the BOGO is still worth it for us for a trip a year. I'm finding American Airlines to be easier to chase after, I get cross loyalty points for being a Hyatt globalist too as well as when you shop, etc, going to take my first AA trip in years maybe even a decade how are the lounges worth getting the admirals card? Any tips for an American Airlines newbie to get loyalty faster?
I have no status with AA and am fine with it. I've been in the lounge in Toronto and it's okay, I could easily live without; the lounge in Dallas was packed when I was there and they were charging for bottles of water (only available at the bar); the AA lounge in Miami has always been packed when I've been there; I'm sure I've been in a few others that I can't recall atm. I would not get an AA cc just to get access to their lounges. I'd say they are comparable with PP lounges, which you can use with the CSR. Dh recently got concierge key; I guess he likes being the first person on planes :rolleyes:? He had EP for years before getting CK and he said won't give up status with AA (I do love the SWUs that come with his status).

Data point on something that surprised me, but maybe is common knowledge? My husband applied for the CFU with the double earnings bonus and got denied. The letter said he was denied because he had already received the SUB on that card within the last 24 months. I was surprised because I knew he had gotten the SUB in February of 2021. BUT then I realized his card had also come with 5x groceries for the first year. I recently read an article (unfortunately I can’t remember where) talking about when a SUB is earned when it includes a “bonus over time” like that. The article speculated that maybe the SUB is only fully earned (and the 24-month clock starts ticking) when that last piece of the bonus posts. That’s what happened here, so my husband’s 24 months won’t end until January 2024, 24 months after he got the last bit of 5x on grocery spend. Again, maybe common knowledge but thought it might be helpful to some, especially those now applying for the CFU with double earning for a year - presumably your 24-month clock won’t start ticking until the end of your double earnings year.
This was on doctorofcredit.com last week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter