I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Your best option would be to apply for the CSP or CSR since it's been 48 months since your last bonus. If approved, the account should appear immediately in your Chase account and you should be able to transfer your points immediately.

You can PC a freedom to a CSP, but it will lock you out of getting a sapphire bonus. If you choose to PC, the effect will be immediate and you should be able to transfer points immediately.
Thank you! I've been approved for a Venture X and a CIU in the last 30 days, so Chase isn't going to approve me for the CSP right now.

I think I'll just use my Venture X travel credit to book the hotel through their portal - it's probably a better use of that than burning points at barely over 1 cent per point.

Need to reserve a car for Thanksgiving trip to visit MIL, going to use Chase Travel Portal we usually use Budget but Thrifty at San Jose Airport has the best price. Anyone have any big issues with Thrifty?

Need to reserve a car for Thanksgiving trip to visit MIL, going to use Chase Travel Portal we usually use Budget but Thrifty at San Jose Airport has the best price. Anyone have any big issues with Thrifty?
I think I remember in the past day or two, I've read a bunch of complaints on here about Thrifty. But we've used them half a dozen times, in California, Hawaii, Arizona, etc. and never have had any issues.

No big issues. They are owned by Hertz so take what you will from that, doesn't bother me but some won't rent with them because of it. Check with www.autoslash.com before booking, you might find a much better price than through the Chase portal.
I think I remember in the past day or two, I've read a bunch of complaints on here about Thrifty. But we've used them half a dozen times, in California, Hawaii, Arizona, etc. and never have had any issues.
All the complaints I've seen here have been because they've shut down Blue Chip skip the counter service at MCO. They aren't my preferred company but not one I'll refuse to do business with either.

I'm an idiot. I just realized I can't transfer my URs to partners because I don't currently have a Sapphire product (or CIP).

Any drawback in PCing one of my freedoms to a CSP so I can transfer? Would that change be immediate, or is there any delay?

My last Sapphire bonus was over 48 months ago, so I don't want to do anything that will potentially jeopardize that...

If you PC to a CSP, it doesn’t reset your clock or anything. You just can’t be holding a Sapphire when you apply for a Sapphire, so you can PC out and wait 4 days.

I think the change is immediate. I saw the new benefits in the account right after a PC.

Did anyone else get the Discover Card offer spend $2500 on new purchases get $250 back? I sock drawered this card so saw it on my email. I called and they said purchases not bills. Hmmmm that
is new one for me as usually cards don't care how you spend it.

My needing a new heat pump (so you might as well get a new gas furnance) has now turned into adding a second system in addition to replacing the existing heat pump and furnace. I could knock out all kinds of MSRs if I had more new cards.

Since I have like $400 left on hitting the Hilton FNC and $400 left on hitting my spend on the Bonvoy 5 FNC.....And I have like $2k in hotel charges coming up, I just applied for my second CIU....and it was approved! Wooooo! I was hesitating and was going to cancel the existing one. But I guess I'll keep both for now. My original one is under my name twice vs my business name. So who knows. But now to hit $6k spend in 3 mos. I think I'll be okay because I have the $2k in hotels next week. I leave for Vegas on 11-11, do you think I need to expedite the card?

I figure between the holidays, the $2k hotel, I have property taxes and home owners insurance in Jan. Should be easy to hit $6k I hope.

My needing a new heat pump (so you might as well get a new gas furnance) has now turned into adding a second system in addition to replacing the existing heat pump and furnace. I could knock out all kinds of MSRs if I had more new cards.
I had been getting quotes for a new heat pump and new gas furnace too. Seeing the estimates come in at $20K-$30K I can see how that would take care of a lot of MSRs! We've decided to wait for now, and are hoping the HEEHRA rebates become accessible next year.

Did anyone else get the Discover Card offer spend $2500 on new purchases get $250 back? I sock drawered this card so saw it on my email. I called and they said purchases not bills. Hmmmm that
is new one for me as usually cards don't care how you spend it.
That's a nice offer! I wish I had that. I had a targeted +4% offer last quarter, and ended up maxing the 1500 quarterly cap to take advantage of it. But 10% is better! And you could probably stack it with the Amazon/Target bonus categories this quarter.

I had been getting quotes for a new heat pump and new gas furnace too. Seeing the estimates come in at $20K-$30K I can see how that would take care of a lot of MSRs! We've decided to wait for now, and are hoping the HEEHRA rebates become accessible next year.
Yes. Mine were $12-21k for one. I was okay with $12k. Now I'm at $26k for two.

I'm looking at the HEEHRA rebate and I'm not sure if I'll qualify. I assume they are looking at gross income vs. AMI. Now my head really hurts.

Just saw on Doctor of Credit that Sam's Club has $200 Disney Gift cards (online egift) for $180.

After I got my Sam's Account fixed (it's my DD's account this time around and I'm her extra person) it went through easily. Hopefully nothing will cancel it out.

I used my Chase Freedom for the extra 5% on Warehouse Clubs this quarter. Can only buy 2 x $200.

That's a nice offer! I wish I had that. I had a targeted +4% offer last quarter, and ended up maxing the 1500 quarterly cap to take advantage of it. But 10% is better! And you could probably stack it with the Amazon/Target bonus categories this quarter.
Yeah I already got 2k in discounted Dis giftcards. The rest I was going to pay bills but was told new
"purchases" so will have to think of something else. lol

Just saw on Doctor of Credit that Sam's Club has $200 Disney Gift cards (online egift) for $180.

After I got my Sam's Account fixed (it's my DD's account this time around and I'm her extra person) it went through easily. Hopefully nothing will cancel it out.

I used my Chase Freedom for the extra 5% on Warehouse Clubs this quarter. Can only buy 2 x $200.
Yeah this was on Dis gift card deals thread. Lot of us got them yesterday through the loophole
before the deal even started. I hope they have another deal on black friday or around Christmas.

Yes. Mine were $12-21k for one. I was okay with $12k. Now I'm at $26k for two.

I'm looking at the HEEHRA rebate and I'm not sure if I'll qualify. I assume they are looking at gross income vs. AMI. Now my head really hurts.

Times like this I'm happy to have a smaller home and a new from 2019 gas furnace, probably cheaper as it was right before the thing that drove prices up.

Yeah this was on Dis gift card deals thread. Lot of us got them yesterday through the loophole
before the deal even started. I hope they have another deal on black friday or around Christmas.

I should be reading that thread also but I have a full time job right now working on my basement.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter