• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

They were rebooking people from the previous cancelled flight(s). I didn't mention this in the earlier post, but the gate agent's supervisor was literally standing there next to us watching all this happen. She even interacted with the older couple who complained to her.
I have had a few bad experiences but I don't think I've ever seen this precise thing--why were you being moved so that people from another flight could be rebooked? I'm pretty sure I've only ever been rebooked when there were open seats. (I recall one time that I missed my connecting flight in the morning and could not get on the next three flights because there were not open seats. Ended up having to take a different route with a second connecting flight.) Is this a status thing?

#9 is the one that bothers me. Who covers the liability? This says that they are not.

The Chase Sapphire is in lieu of the CDW offered by rental car coverage. Neither provides liability insurance. Not sure what additional the travel insurance policy covers either? Might the regular automobile insurance cover liability? I haven't checked ours, we also have an umbrella policy on our coverage at home. We rented in England and used our CSR to decline the rental company insurance.

Found a website that says liability is covered with more rentals in Europe -

The good news is that liability insurance is typically included with the price of your car rental in Europe. (Liability is the part of your insurance that can cover injuries you may cause to other people while driving, or damage to other people’s property.)

https://www.allianztravelinsurance.com/travel/rental-cars/overseas-rental-car-insurance.htm

So it sounds like liability is built in to the rentals (that makes sense) and that this additional insurance is basically the same as the CDW that comes with CSP. I feel like I read that CSP doesn't cover the "loss of use" if the rental is out of service for a period of time with any repairs, so I'll need to double check that with the Chase coverage.

Thanks for the feedback!

Edit: I found this on Nerd Wallet, so I will still confirm with Chase (and make sure it's the same in Ireland) but looks like getting this thru travel insurance is unnecessary (but a good option for someone w/o a Chase card or a card that doesn't offer primary coverage).

>>Plus, Chase will cover any "loss-of-use" charges, and administrative and towing fees imposed by the rental company. This coverage is primary. That means you won't need to file with your personal auto insurance company first. Instead, you can start with Chase's benefits administrator if you need to file a claim.

Not from twitter, but I had an account suspended on instagram for “violating terms and conditions”. It was a business account, and same thing, I had no idea what I could have ever done to violate the terms. I appealed, it didn’t give a place to put anything, just select appeal and that was it, and they denied me. I appealed again, and it then gave me a section to write something specific, to which I requested the specifics of what terms I violated, and the second appeal was denied also and I never was given an explanation why. And when I tried anything to appeal again or message them or anything about it, it stated I was not allowed. I know this is not the same as twitter, but it’s all very frustrating how these companies can suspend an account and do whatever they want and not have to provide a single shred of a detail why, and there’s nothing you can do about it!
I am getting these same responses with Twitter. Absolutely no information at all. Just denying the appeal twice. I don’t get it!!!!!

So it sounds like liability is built in to the rentals (that makes sense) and that this additional insurance is basically the same as the CDW that comes with CSP. I feel like I read that CSP doesn't cover the "loss of use" if the rental is out of service for a period of time with any repairs, so I'll need to double check that with the Chase coverage.

Thanks for the feedback!

Edit: I found this on Nerd Wallet, so I will still confirm with Chase (and make sure it's the same in Ireland) but looks like getting this thru travel insurance is unnecessary (but a good option for someone w/o a Chase card or a card that doesn't offer primary coverage).

>>Plus, Chase will cover any "loss-of-use" charges, and administrative and towing fees imposed by the rental company. This coverage is primary. That means you won't need to file with your personal auto insurance company first. Instead, you can start with Chase's benefits administrator if you need to file a claim.
The primary part is my favorite thing about it! Never had to use it though.

The primary part is my favorite thing about it! Never had to use it though.

I felt pretty comfortable with using it, but everyone whose driven in Ireland keep saying how close the hedges/walls are on rural roads (which we hope to drive). And I read a horror story on Trip Advisor for someone who did scrape a hedge, which scratched the car. They reported it to the rental agency (Enterprise, the one I'm using) upon return and they billed their card the entire value of the car until the damage was reviewed and repairs estimated! THey had to use their Amex due to the credit limits on others and then had to pay it off because it didn't get resolved before it was due?! Eventually it did, but it was painful.

Here's the thread:
https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTop...ar_rental_company_after_accident-Ireland.html

Thanks!

We're planning a Tokyo Disney trip for next May (never too early to start), and want to ticket in ANA flight in their first class service (the one with the private "room" for each passenger.

You've received great advice. I don't have experience with this route but just wanted to add that given these flights are opening up about now, you really are under the wire to do some practice bookings on the carrier options you've been given and have a Plan A and B (at least) to try to achieve what you're looking for. You want to have practiced being online when these award seats are dropped and have practiced booking them (to the best of your availability).

Remember never to transfer points into a program until you are certain there are seats available, as you can't transfer back. There are a few exceptions to this, but that's the general rule of thumb.

Congrats on your great points currencies! You're doing a great job collecting points; enjoy spending them!

I have had a few bad experiences but I don't think I've ever seen this precise thing--why were you being moved so that people from another flight could be rebooked? I'm pretty sure I've only ever been rebooked when there were open seats. (I recall one time that I missed my connecting flight in the morning and could not get on the next three flights because there were not open seats. Ended up having to take a different route with a second connecting flight.) Is this a status thing?
They didn't say why. The guy literally said about 5 words to me. I had to ask if we were getting bumped after he called us up and had to ask if we were getting compensated. My guess is they put the 2 deadheading flight attendants in our seats, but I didn't see where they went they boarded early. They ended up not even using 1 biz class seat. I only know that because when we deplaned, it was obvious they had used the seat in the first row as a storage area during the flight. So I have no idea why they needed our seats. I did offer to wait and go out the next morning if they could do biz and he didn't bother to respond... with his supervisor right there. That's how bad the customer service was. Even when I was trying to help them out they were rude.

Ds and I stayed at the Conrad London in March. You can have breakfast in the lounge or dining room. In the dining room you can order a hot egg dish and I recommend that you do because ds said the scrambled eggs on the buffet were pretty awful (he loved the ones delivered from the kitchen). The best thing the Conrad has going for it is the location, right across the street from a tube station and walking distance to Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace, the Churchill War Rooms and more. If they didn't offer you a Monty the bulldog at check-in (they didn't for us), then ask for one. I saw them hand them out to a couple checking-in when we were leaving; I had to ask 3 times. Try to make afternoon tea at least one day -- the scones are delicious and the service is excellent! The evening canapes are rather forgetful, we never had breakfast in the lounge (I liked the dining room). We both got upgraded to an Executive Room, but as I mentioned here previously they tried to downgrade 1 room on our last night (didn't happen -- I specifically told them at check-in that we didn't want to move rooms during our stay so please assign rooms that we could stay in).
Thank you for posting this! My nephew that I am traveling with actually has a pet bulldog. I requested one so we can take it home to his mom. The breakfast info was very helpful as well; we are going to try the restaurant tomorrow.

I have precheck, but my 17 year old daughter does not. We have a SWA flight tomorrow and her ticket has precheck listed on it. Will she be able to go through with me since it’s stamped on there? I was under the impression that she was too old to go automatically with me and needed to have her own KTN number, but if not, that would be awesome.

I have precheck, but my 17 year old daughter does not. We have a SWA flight tomorrow and her ticket has precheck listed on it. Will she be able to go through with me since it’s stamped on there? I was under the impression that she was too old to go automatically with me and needed to have her own KTN number, but if not, that would be awesome.
I think it’s 12 and under can accompany but 13 and older need their own.

If her boarding pass has PreCheck on it, she can use the PreCheck lanes.

If her boarding pass has PreCheck on it, she can use the PreCheck lanes.
Thanks. We are going to give it a try at least and see since our airport is not too busy. When we fly back from MCO Sunday is when we would really benefit from her being able to go through with me.

Thanks. We are going to give it a try at least and see since our airport is not too busy. When we fly back from MCO Sunday is when we would really benefit from her being able to go through with me.
I recall reading, back when TSA precheck was just becoming popular, that sometimes extra people who were on the same reservation as a traveler with precheck would randomly also get precheck. I don't remember anyone ever figuring out the algorithm.

Blogs are reporting a massive United deval.

I made a speculative, short-term, but large transfer (not United) to another program, which is always ill-advised due to these unannounced devals. I'll cross my fingers for 4 weeks. 🤞
Dh just mentioned this to me saying he’s glad we already booked our Germany flights because they’re 80k now instead of 60k

Last edited:
DH are back for a month after a crazy few months of traveling every few weeks. We went to Nola. We stayed at the Eliza Jane and got a super cheap cash rate with a corporate code. If your company offers corporate booking discounts it’s always good to check sometimes the cash rates are a much better deal than using points.

Delta also had a skymiles award sale so we booked Delta one to London. It was 153,000 skymiles a person. London wasn’t high on my travel list, but I was excited to try delta one and I’m now spoiled. I booked delta one to Paris already for next year. We also ended up really enjoying London too. DH has become obsessed with premier league soccer so we took a train to Newcastle to watch a game and we saw Harry Potter and the cursed child, which was amazing. We stayed at the St. James Trafalgar Square which was nice and centrally located. I’m diamond and was only upgraded to a King room, but that was fine. Id like to try the Conrad or Waldorf next time tho.

We also had another trip to NYC with friends and stayed at the Conrad. I’ve always gotten a suite upgrade here and I really love the rooms. There’s tons of space so DH can work from the room.

If anyone has any Hilton hotel recommendations for Paris let me know! I still haven’t booked our hotel yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter