I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Currently starting our chase trifecta journey. (CSP, CFF, CFU). We like that it transfers to southwest and jetblue since they are the two that our local airports use that we like.

My career is in grocery, our highest spend (13-14k annually) is groceries, this is because I work at a supermarket so we buy most non food essentials there as well, 300 a month on gas and then around 2k a month on everything else I can charge (dining, bills etc)

Should we have chosen the blue cash preferred and blue cash everyday combo from Amex and just used the cash back for flights?

Is there another combo we may like?

I did debate opening a CFF for my wife for a 2nd 5x back in the rotating categories.

Thank you for your time, sorry for the long post. I love this community and trying to learn.
As I’m sure you have seen each of us here do things a bit differently depending on our goals.

Our travel usually consists of flying to Orlando 4 times a year to visit our son and his family. SW flies out of our local airport which is 10 minutes away, so I make sure one of us always has the SW companion pass. I also stay with Chase earning URs, I have a CSR which I use PYB for on my grocery and gas purchases.

If you fly SW the CP may be something to look into towards the end of this year, if you earn it at the beginning of 2024 you would have it for the rest of 2024 and all of 2025.

Last edited:
Yes! We went for a day when we were staying in Heidelberg about 5 years ago. Such a cool, historic town! We especially loved the crime and punishment museum. Lots of little bakeries too with the yummy pastries.
I’m hoping we’ll be able to make the day trip. We’re only in Nuremberg for a few days and it’s at the end of our trip so we may be too tired to make the drive lol

CC companies keep changing their extended warranty policies, e.g. Costco Visa used to be really good but no longer offers extended warranties on purchases from Jan 22 2023 onwards. So if you have a particular CC you're thinking of using, you have to search for the up-to-date benefits. In the past when I've looked into it, I think most cards only cover up to the amount you paid on the CC.

Here is a write-up but it's from 2020 (although it's where I learned about Costco Visa dropping extended warranty this year):

https://frequentmiler.com/best-credit-card-purchase-protections/
they did the Costco card sucks now IMO besides the 4% , used to be great when it was Amex even in the first year of Citi. they even used to tack it on the extended warranty like the laptop I bought for DW came with 5-year warranty and the cc added 2 was wild.

So I just got my first Chase Biz card last week and am unable to log in to my account online. I set up the Biz account with all my info, but when I go to log in, I get this message:

Important:It looks like this part of our site isn't working right now.​

Please try again later. Thanks for your patience.

Contact us

Of course when I click "contact us" all I get is a FAQ page. I've been trying this almost every day for over a week now and am frustrated. Wanted to see if there's anything I can do before actually calling lol, I hate phone calls!

I’m close to booking a Hilton in Tokyo. Can you use points and a free night certificate? I’m new to Hilton but have 250k points plus one free night certificate.

Also just met my msr for my cic so I need to figure out plane tickets.
When I recently called about using a FNC, they were able to book 2 nights on one reservation number using FNC/points. It shows as using points for 2 nights but the FNC section shows it's pending use for that reservation. This bodes well for not having to change rooms - I hope.

Does anyone have google fi?
seems like you get free unlimited international data at 4/5g up to 50 GB vs T-mobile, I got the dreaded 10$ more a month text this seems like the better option even taking 1 trip a year vs buying the extra T-mobile data package + the 10$ a month.

When I recently called about using a FNC, they were able to book 2 nights on one reservation number using FNC/points. It shows as using points for 2 nights but the FNC section shows it's pending use for that reservation. This bodes well for not having to change rooms - I hope.

I have 4 nights at the conrad Osaka 3 with points and 1 fnc that I did via phone and it has always been one reservation. Same as when I call and do the same with hyatt. It's why I call to do it so it's all one confirmation/res.

For those of you that have been to the Neuschwanstein castle and the Marienbrücke bridge, how early did you get there? Was it extremely busy?

Sharing my experience with the Bilt MC:

Was recently approved for the card. On the day of delivery, received an email stating that I would earn 5X points (up to 50K) on all eligible purchases (excluding rent) for the next 5 days. For "eligible purchases" it stated "meals, online purchases, trips, gas, and much more". Quickly took advantage of this. Every purchase put on the card earned 5X.

At the end of the 5 days, received another email stating "earn 5x on select categories for the next 60 days". There was no listing of which categories were included so I assumed everything except rent. Was very excited about this and started planning how to move all my expenses to the card for the next couple of months. However, later in the day, received a follow-up email explaining that the last email was sent out too early by mistake and that I would be getting another 5X offer soon.

2 days later, received an email that I would get 5X points for the next 60 days on all spend on select streaming services. Not very exciting. Oh, well.

Have others been getting personalized offers from Bilt like I did?
Thanks for this info.

Last edited:

I have 4 nights at the conrad Osaka 3 with points and 1 fnc that I did via phone and it has always been one reservation. Same as when I call and do the same with hyatt. It's why I call to do it so it's all one confirmation/res.

Good to know you can call to get it on one confirmation.

I've had some really weird separate reservations, but luckily no problems. Conrad Osaka was 3 separate reservations, 1 FNC, 2 Amex FHR one under me one under DH. Our recent Hyatt Regency Amsterdam was 4 separate reservations with FNCs plus a connecting room on a separate reservation.

When I have reservations like this, I'll e-mail the hotel with the confirmation numbers. That probably helps. Haven't had to change rooms. Only time we had to rekey was at the Fairfield Anaheim (one res was under me, one under DH).

Back from a long trip to Europe. I put up a bunch of hotel reviews. Finding room to fit 4 is a challenge in Europe. I'm glad all my connecting room requests worked out. We stayed at really nice places thanks to this hobby!

Itinerary was:
- Reposition to Los Angeles (Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills review)
- Amsterdam (Hyatt Regency Amsterdam review)
- Munich (Andaz Munich review)
- Nuremberg (Adina Nuremberg)
- Berlin (Grand Hyatt Berlin review)
- London (Andaz London Liverpool Street review)
- NCL Prima cruise
- Reykjavik (Airbnb)

@miztressuz Thanks again for putting my mind at ease about the NCL Prima. Nothing I worried about was much of an issue. It actually felt the least crowded of any post-pandemic cruise we've been on. My biggest gripe though is that the buffet is way too small. Geiranger was my favorite port. So gorgeous!

Some of my favorite photos from the trip -

View from the gondola going up to the alpine coaster at Oberammergau
IMG_4029.jpeg

Neuschwanstein Castle
IMG_4050.jpeg

Geiranger
IMG_3593.jpeg

Geiranger sail out
IMG_4838.jpeg

Snaefellsnes Peninsula, most photographed mountain in Iceland (or so I'm told)
IMG_5167.jpeg

Snaefellsnes Peninsula
IMG_5264.jpeg

For those of you that have been to the Neuschwanstein castle and the Marienbrücke bridge, how early did you get there? Was it extremely busy?

We did the last tour (not early people plus driving in from Munich) and it was not crowded at all. We were able to park at the closest parking lot to the shuttle (P4). But the con was that we had to rush to catch the last shuttle back. If I had a redo, I might get the tour 30 minutes before the last one. Or maybe not gotten the roundtrip shuttle ticket and walked back instead.

We did the last tour (not early people plus driving in from Munich) and it was not crowded at all. We were able to park at the closest parking lot to the shuttle (P4). But the con was that we had to rush to catch the last shuttle back. If I had a redo, I might get the tour 30 minutes before the last one. Or maybe not gotten the roundtrip shuttle ticket and walked back instead.
We’re not doing a tour. Our plan was to go first thing in the morning. I saw the buses start running at 8 am so we thought maybe we could get there a little before then and get to the bridge first before walking around the castle. I think we’ll just take the bus up and walk back down. I’ve seen some videos showing a massive line to get on the bridge and I got a little nervous

Thanks for this info. I don't know if it's too late form me but I just texted DD and asked her to forward me any emails she received from Bilt in the last few days. I may still have a day or two left for 5X..
It was definitely a pleasant surprise to get their email offering 5X on all spending for the first 5 days! Please let us know if you also got an offer.

Back from a long trip to Europe. I put up a bunch of hotel reviews. Finding room to fit 4 is a challenge in Europe. I'm glad all my connecting room requests worked out. We stayed at really nice places thanks to this hobby!

Itinerary was:
- Reposition to Los Angeles (Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills review)
- Amsterdam (Hyatt Regency Amsterdam review)
- Munich (Andaz Munich review)
- Nuremberg (Adina Nuremberg)
- Berlin (Grand Hyatt Berlin review)
- London (Andaz London Liverpool Street review)
- NCL Prima cruise
- Reykjavik (Airbnb)

@miztressuz Thanks again for putting my mind at ease about the NCL Prima. Nothing I worried about was much of an issue. It actually felt the least crowded of any post-pandemic cruise we've been on. My biggest gripe though is that the buffet is way too small. Geiranger was my favorite port. So gorgeous!

Some of my favorite photos from the trip -

View from the gondola going up to the alpine coaster at Oberammergau
View attachment 777572

Neuschwanstein Castle
View attachment 777573

Geiranger
View attachment 777578

Geiranger sail out
View attachment 777574

Snaefellsnes Peninsula, most photographed mountain in Iceland (or so I'm told)
View attachment 777575

Snaefellsnes Peninsula
View attachment 777576
Your photos are BREATHTAKING. Do you mind sharing what kind of camera & lens you use? I don't want to take one of my fancy cameras to Scandinavia, but after seeing your pics I probably will.

We’re not doing a tour. Our plan was to go first thing in the morning. I saw the buses start running at 8 am so we thought maybe we could get there a little before then and get to the bridge first before walking around the castle. I think we’ll just take the bus up and walk back down. I’ve seen some videos showing a massive line to get on the bridge and I got a little nervous
From what I understand the tickets to tour the castle always sell out, so you'll want to schedule yours in advance. The tour is pretty quick and I recommend it if you're going to be there -- it's very interesting. The bridge was closed when we were there (December), so I can't comment on that. Be sure to be at the gate several minutes before your tour time. We walked up and down from the castle and it was fine, but with a little one I would want to take the shuttle up; walking down is pretty quick. Look for open windows in the castle after the tour -- you can get some stunning pictures from there.

Your photos are BREATHTAKING. Do you mind sharing what kind of camera & lens you use? I don't want to take one of my fancy cameras to Scandinavia, but after seeing your pics I probably will.

Thank you!! It's just with an iPhone 14 Pro. I don't think of myself as a good photographer. Point and click and sometimes I get lucky. Or the scenery is so gorgeous even I can't mess it up (as long as I don't get my thumb in the picture lol).

Look for open windows in the castle after the tour -- you can get some stunning pictures from there.

We missed this because we were rushing to catch the last shuttle. 😭 Guess I'll just need to go back lol.

From what I understand the tickets to tour the castle always sell out, so you'll want to schedule yours in advance. The tour is pretty quick and I recommend it if you're going to be there -- it's very interesting. The bridge was closed when we were there (December), so I can't comment on that. Be sure to be at the gate several minutes before your tour time. We walked up and down from the castle and it was fine, but with a little one I would want to take the shuttle up; walking down is pretty quick. Look for open windows in the castle after the tour -- you can get some stunning pictures from there.
A lot of the inside is closed for renovation and we decided we would rather not take ds through the tour. We’ll have the stroller with us and I’m thinking we might put it in one of the stroller lockers at the top. I’d like to hike some of the trails a little bit to see different views of the castle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter