I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

I got stuck on that. It worked for me to get past that by updating my “profile” first and input all the info I could including address, then went back to purchase.
yeah im stuck on updating..
pirate:
I put n/a in line 2 and it worked thanks for the pro tip!
how do you get the fast pass day of?

Last edited:
Did you have any issues creating a Bilt rewards account on the App? We downloaded the app but are not able to create a new account. It says DD's phone number is already in use but we never created an account prior to receiving the credit card. After spending a crazy amount of time messing with it, we sent in a support request but UGH what a pain.

On a positive note, the card itself arrived timely and in an impressive presentation box. Too bad the sign up process doesn't match lol.
Did not have any problems with the App, but already had the Bilt rewards account and App before applying for the CC.

yeah im stuck on updating..
pirate:
I put n/a in line 2 and it worked thanks for the pro tip!
how do you get the fast pass day of?
You can purchase the fast passes once you scan entry into the park. If you purchased your tickets in the app/thru TDR direct, then they should already be loaded/linked in your account, and all you need to do is scan into the park. Then, you can purchase the fast passes for those tickets. It was really easy, you use the app for everything. It gives you the times available for fast passes to purchase, just make sure your credit card is saved in the app.

You can purchase the fast passes once you scan entry into the park. If you purchased your tickets in the app/thru TDR direct, then they should already be loaded/linked in your account, and all you need to do is scan into the park. Then, you can purchase the fast passes for those tickets. It was really easy, you use the app for everything. It gives you the times available for fast passes to purchase, just make sure your credit card is saved in the app.

You can scan 3rd party tix in the app before you enter now. Got mine off klook and already have them loaded in the app.

You can scan 3rd party tix in the app before you enter now. Got mine off klook and already have them loaded in the app.
That’s good to know. I didn’t realize they changed that. I feel like a lot will change before we go next year

That’s good to know. I didn’t realize they changed that. I feel like a lot will change before we go next year

Changed in April or May. It's super easy as long as you can show the qr on a different device or you can print. I bought on my laptop so it was fine.

I wish USJ would let you do it before you get there. I bought mine through their app and they still aren't linked.

Changed in April or May. It's super easy as long as you can show the qr on a different device or you can print. I bought on my laptop so it was fine.

I wish USJ would let you do it before you get there. I bought mine through their app and they still aren't linked.
I’ll probably start paying closer attention to TDR as our trip gets closer. I’m too focused on Germany right now and feeling slightly unprepared for that trip and I don’t even know why lol

Wow, this has changed since we went in mid May! We got our tix off klook and we couldn’t scan them into the app until we actually scanned into the park with the tickets.

Hello again, friends!

I cannot keep up with this thread, but I love y'all so much! P2 is looking for a Marriott Bonvoy card. I think he is 0/5 for personal cards in the last 24 months (if I kept my spreadsheet correctly). He has 3 Chase business cards in the last 24 months, with the most recent approval being on 5/26/2023.

I can't remember where to find the referral links. (Neither of us have a Chase Bonvoy card, and I don't think there's any referral benefit for us without one.) Ideally this card would be P2 because he's already Marriott Bonvoy Gold. I missed the 5 FNC offer earlier this year. Our friends just asked us to South Padre Island later this year, and I want to put the 6 nights on a card for the added bonus.

TIA!
The usual recommendation is 3 months between Chase apps, so you'll be pushing it a bit with P2. If you really want the offer, you could try and then take a break from Chase apps for a while. If there are any support links, they'd be in our dischurners group on reddit.

Is today the last day to apply for the Hilton cards with a FNC? If yes, I will be applying for the regular HH card with FNC for $1k spend for dd ;)
I thought the last day was the 19th and I was planning to apply for the same card. Maybe I can do that before midnight lol.
Agree @DogCat , all the Hilton applications cite 7/19/2023 for the end. I wouldn't wait until last minute. When AmEx states a date, they pull on or before the date unlike Chase. So to be safe, plan for the 18th at the latest if you really want something.

I'm considering going for a Chase bonvoy card (personal). I was recently thrown into Amex popup jail. Chase Biz needs to wait another few months since I just got a new Ink card. I'm about to start a big landscaping project and step one is removing a lot of trees--luckily they take Visa, MC, or Discover. I am thinking the rest of my expenses can go on my two Hilton cards to get free nights. Just feel like I'm hitting a wall in terms of opening new cards because I have $40k+ in tax payments each year alone that I put on credit cards.

I'm considering going for a Chase bonvoy card (personal). I was recently thrown into Amex popup jail. Chase Biz needs to wait another few months since I just got a new Ink card. I'm about to start a big landscaping project and step one is removing a lot of trees--luckily they take Visa, MC, or Discover. I am thinking the rest of my expenses can go on my two Hilton cards to get free nights. Just feel like I'm hitting a wall in terms of opening new cards because I have $40k+ in tax payments each year alone that I put on credit cards.

When you get the Amex popup, that doesn't mean you'll get it on every card. The link you use can matter too. I got popup on the Hilton cards for a long time, but didn't get it with the DoC link. If you get the targeted plat biz and gold biz offers, those tend to not get the popup either.

The Chase velocity recommendations apply to all Chase cards, so you'd probably want to wait on the personal too. It's just a rule of thumb though, so depends on how fast you've gotten Chase cards before and after and your own risk tolerance.

I am looking to open a new credit card in hopes of using rewards, sign up bonuses, cash back etc. to go towards a Disney Cruise totaling $5149 ($4200 still due). I’m considering the Disney Visa to get a $300 bonus after spending the minimum. Is there another card I should consider?

The only credit card I’ve opened recently was a pottery barn capital one credit card to get a discount on my furniture (May 2022). Otherwise, all cards were opened at least 2 years ago- I have the Discover cash back card, southwest visa, and chase freedom unlimited. I only use the discover right now for the most part to get the cash back.

We live in FL so we don’t need points for flights as much as we used to. Would love points or bonuses to save for our Disney DVC dues, annual passes, and the cruise. I always pay off my cards every month- I don’t like to keep a balance on it. I’ve heard good things about chase sapphire… would anyone recommend that over the Disney Visa?

What time of year did you go?
Peak time - early August. Munich was the most crowded - the Rick Steves walking tour here is great. There's ice cream stands all over - we bribed my 7yo (at the time) with that to keep walking. Someone up above mentioned the Oberamergau Alpine Coaster and that's a good family activity. If your son likes rides at Disney, then he might love this. We found that there were lots of family friendly natural areas in the region and on many trails you would see multiple generations enjoying a day out in nature. Plus there are multiple chair lifts and cable cars which for us Floridians was a novelty (first time we ever rode on those) and really fun for all ages. We found google maps to be excellent all over Germany.

Agree @DogCat , all the Hilton applications cite 7/19/2023 for the end. I wouldn't wait until last minute. When AmEx states a date, they pull on or before the date unlike Chase. So to be safe, plan for the 18th at the latest if you really want something.

Decided to try for the hilton biz since I don't have a spend. Recently cancelled my surpass but thought it was my biz. Applied, no pop up and was approved. Got it added to my login and see the other Hilton biz. If they don't care then I don't care 😂

Also reminds me I should check my spreadsheet but at least I didn't get the pop up which I expected since I closed my delta plat back in Dec. With the timing of the spend and the fnc from my aspire they'll have close expiration dates and give me 2 which is easier to use than 1. Now to hope I can use it more than my csr in japan as that'll help with spend.

Peak time - early August. Munich was the most crowded - the Rick Steves walking tour here is great. There's ice cream stands all over - we bribed my 7yo (at the time) with that to keep walking. Someone up above mentioned the Oberamergau Alpine Coaster and that's a good family activity. If your son likes rides at Disney, then he might love this. We found that there were lots of family friendly natural areas in the region and on many trails you would see multiple generations enjoying a day out in nature. Plus there are multiple chair lifts and cable cars which for us Floridians was a novelty (first time we ever rode on those) and really fun for all ages. We found google maps to be excellent all over Germany.
Thanks for sharing your experience! We’ve mentioned ice cream and bakeries to ds already 🤣 We’re planning to do the alpine coaster on one of our day trips from Fussen! Also hoping to do the cable car at Tegelberg

I also realized when apping for the card that it's so much easier to work on a new sub than have card balances all over. I pay weekly so it's not like they get crazy but it's so much easier to pay 1 than to pay 3 or 4 because of categories.

I am looking to open a new credit card in hopes of using rewards, sign up bonuses, cash back etc. to go towards a Disney Cruise totaling $5149 ($4200 still due). I’m considering the Disney Visa to get a $300 bonus after spending the minimum. Is there another card I should consider?

The only credit card I’ve opened recently was a pottery barn capital one credit card to get a discount on my furniture (May 2022). Otherwise, all cards were opened at least 2 years ago- I have the Discover cash back card, southwest visa, and chase freedom unlimited. I only use the discover right now for the most part to get the cash back.

We live in FL so we don’t need points for flights as much as we used to. Would love points or bonuses to save for our Disney DVC dues, annual passes, and the cruise. I always pay off my cards every month- I don’t like to keep a balance on it. I’ve heard good things about chase sapphire… would anyone recommend that over the Disney Visa?
We all would probably recommend the CSP or CSR over the Disney card because the sign up is worth so much more. Best use of those points would be transfers for flights and hotels. Not exactly what you want.
I have two thoughts for your purposes. First would be a card like Capital One Venture or Venture X. Points are great to erase any travel charge such as cruise. Do you have a business or side hustle? The CIP has a great SUB right now.

Had to cancel our September Scotland trip due to medical issue. I had booked Aer Lingus through Chase. Got my refund for one, waiting on the second.
My DD and DS/DDIL are still going. I was able to book a Hilton room with a certificate that was due to expire 9/1. Was told they could extend 2 weeks. Glad I could use it for something!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter