• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Courtyard Marriott Theme Park Entrance would be perfect, and I’m sure it would meet your expectations. But it’s pricey, with cash or points. But I think it would be exactly what you need.
I was looking at this - so this is a nice place and close? Yeah - the points are ridiculous.. Like 75,000 to 85,000 a night. Crazy. Could book this with Chase with my CSR - that might work.

Edit: Just looked on Chase Website. Courtyard Marriott shows Sold Out for all 4 dates we have to pick from - yet you can still book on the Marriott site. What is up with that??

Last edited:
If you value your feet and time, book the WOC dessert party. You get dessert and a drink but even better, chairs to sit on. People line up hours ahead for that show.
DW and I went to Disneyland for my 40th birthday last March. She joined the virtual queue for WOC and we had a great view. How is the view from where you sit at the dessert party and are the desserts and drinks unlimited? We have a 10 and 6 year old so the party would be $356. DW will likely say it's not worth it but I like spending up for things like this on vacation because I save all year to be able to splurge on vacation.

I was looking at this - so this is a nice place and close? Yeah - the points are ridiculous.. Like 75,000 to 85,000 a night. Crazy. Could book this with Chase with my CSR - that might work.

Edit: Just looked on Chase Website. Courtyard Marriott shows Sold Out for all 4 dates we have to pick from - yet you can still book on the Marriott site. What is up with that??
Hands down my favorite off site hotel. 10 minute walk to the gates, very quiet and well maintained. I would stay here every time if it weren’t so cost prohibitive.

DW and I went to Disneyland for my 40th birthday last March. She joined the virtual queue for WOC and we had a great view. How is the view from where you sit at the dessert party and are the desserts and drinks unlimited? We have a 10 and 6 year old so the party would be $356. DW will likely say it's not worth it but I like spending up for things like this on vacation because I save all year to be able to splurge on vacation.
No, you get two alcoholic beverages per adult, and a set dessert plate. There are plenty of reviews of it on the web for more information. I recommend knowing what table you want and joining the line well in advance so you are one of the first so that you can get the table that you want. Also, book early if you are going at a popular time, since they sell out quickly.

I remember a while back people using a Rental Property as their business were getting denials from Chase. Has that changed? My sister is going to apply for a CIP and that is what she would use as a business, wanted to be sure there still weren't issues going on with that category. Thanks!
My DH and I both approved for CIP in January using Rental Property as the business. We applied as Sole Prop and then selected Real Estate and Rental and Leasing/ Lessors of Real Estate/ Lessors of Resi Bldgs and Dwellings. Instant approval for both with $6K limit. I called and moved enough credit limit over from a CIP in LLC name to hit the $8K spend the first month. Good luck to your sister!

Not a DL expert- have only been once. Are you a "I could sleep anywhere, it's just a room" type person or are you a "I really like a nice accomodation" person? It was on our only trip to DL where we stayed at the Howard Johnson, which so many people on the DL forum raved about. On the backend of the trip we stayed at the Disneyland Hotel on property. It wasn't until we got to the Disneyland Hotel that I felt like I was actually on vacation. That trip really helped me solidify some of my travel style. Now I know that I like nice lodging and it sort of makes/breaks a trip for me.
I think that I could have written this sentence! As I have worked on our lodging for our Italy trip in May, I have quickly realized the places that I want to stay are incredibly expensive. Definitely needing more chase points.

Personally I thought it was worth it but I hate lines and having to stand the whole time. There are mostly high top tables with a few low tables. We’ve never gotten to pick which table but if I had little kids I’d politely ask for high top so they could see. Here is a pic from our table and one of the dessert plate each of us got. IMG_5046.jpegE940E189-8BA2-4200-A575-81C297E93FF5.jpeg

Last edited:

Thanks for this. Yeah - I am not about to sit on the ground. I might never get back up!! Will definitely have to look into those.
With a broken shoulder I wasn’t fighting crowds so we did the dinner package for Fantasmic and the parade plus the dessert party. For the parade I mistakenly sat on the curb. Trying to stand up was an adventure 🙄

Personally I thought it was worth it but I hate lines and having to stand the whole time. There are mostly high top tables with a few low tables. We’ve never gotten to pick which table but if I had little kids I’d politely ask for high top so they could see. Here is a pic from our table and one of the dessert plate each of us got. View attachment 830952View attachment 830953

I agree with the dessert party. It's the only way I'll watch WoC.

I have zero problem paying to not have to waste time waiting for a spot to watch something, esp if it means I have to stand the whole time.

Last time I did was 2018 at DLP for the fireworks but it was the only option. We had a nice chat with some people from the UK and we all made sure the late arriving people weren't allowed up past us. Especially since there was no room.

yeah last time I went was in January I got a prive rate less than 500$ a night and got upgraded to a suite, I was supposed to get upgraded to that special suite but the globalist that was in there didn't have the room ready or something. I may have a point problem (we all do on this thread to some degree) but I want 2+ a point. I have no problem getting this I realize that that rate isn't normal either, I mean I have to go for Lifetime Globalist so sometimes I have to spend too :) Also it was really cold and I cant remember the exact number but we got 3 FC tickets for under 275 a pop was a great trip.
If you're talking about the one in NYC, a base room was between 980-1200/night for the days that we stayed, so it worked out to be a good deal for us. I really like the pool there - unusual for a downtown hotel. At $500/night it's not as good a deal on points of course.

My DH and I both approved for CIP in January using Rental Property as the business. We applied as Sole Prop and then selected Real Estate and Rental and Leasing/ Lessors of Real Estate/ Lessors of Resi Bldgs and Dwellings. Instant approval for both with $6K limit. I called and moved enough credit limit over from a CIP in LLC name to hit the $8K spend the first month. Good luck to your sister!
Thanks so much!

I think that I could have written this sentence! As I have worked on our lodging for our Italy trip in May, I have quickly realized the places that I want to stay are incredibly expensive. Definitely needing more chase points.
I had the same exact thought when I read the post about nicer hotels! I have really spoiled myself these last few years. It's getting harder and harder to find "acceptable" places in some of the places I have to travel for kids sports etc.

So, decided that I would like to go to Disneyland sometime in May, June or July with DD22, She is a nurse and works 12 hour days and every 3rd weekend. So, if we go the week after she works a weekend then we can go a Wednesday - Sunday and she does not have to take any time off of work.

I have not been to Disneyland in 40 years (it was 1 day for a Choir Trip in High School). Been trying to read up on the Disneyland Board and ordered a Birnbaum Book for 2024.

We have been to Disneyworld lots of times and normally stay at Boardwalk DVC (a friend of DH's has points we rent from him). So, it is engraved in me at Disneyworld to stay on site. But seems it is not that important at Disneyland?? Any input on good places to stay. I want within walking distance - preferably across the street. I have some Marriott Points and will have 3 FN Certificates (2 at 35k and 1 at 50K) So, with adding points - (basically 2 at 50k and 1 at 65k). I also have some IHG points and have a ton of UR's that I can transfer to Hyatt or wherever. So, do we stay offsite or try and do DVC there - although I feel like that might be hard to get with only a few places to stay on points.

Any help would be greatly appreciated !!
I went Disneyland in 2022. I was able to get a couple nights at Grand Californian on our DVC points. The remaining 5 nights we stayed at Best Western Plus Park Place. Directly across the street from the main entrance and includes breakfast, which was pretty good.

If you're looking to pay cash, people have really good things to say about Candy Cane Inn. It was completely renovated in the last couple years and also includes breakfast.

We walked to the Walgreens at Harbor Blvd and W Katella Ave to get bottled water after a full day in the park. The walk was not that bad. 10-15 minutes? There is a Hyatt House and Hotel Indigo (IHG) right on that corner.

So, decided that I would like to go to Disneyland sometime in May, June or July with DD22, She is a nurse and works 12 hour days and every 3rd weekend. So, if we go the week after she works a weekend then we can go a Wednesday - Sunday and she does not have to take any time off of work.

I have not been to Disneyland in 40 years (it was 1 day for a Choir Trip in High School). Been trying to read up on the Disneyland Board and ordered a Birnbaum Book for 2024.

We have been to Disneyworld lots of times and normally stay at Boardwalk DVC (a friend of DH's has points we rent from him). So, it is engraved in me at Disneyworld to stay on site. But seems it is not that important at Disneyland?? Any input on good places to stay. I want within walking distance - preferably across the street. I have some Marriott Points and will have 3 FN Certificates (2 at 35k and 1 at 50K) So, with adding points - (basically 2 at 50k and 1 at 65k). I also have some IHG points and have a ton of UR's that I can transfer to Hyatt or wherever. So, do we stay offsite or try and do DVC there - although I feel like that might be hard to get with only a few places to stay on points.

Any help would be greatly appreciated !!
From one of my Disneyland groups:

1000009671.jpg1000009672.jpg

No, you get two alcoholic beverages per adult, and a set dessert plate. There are plenty of reviews of it on the web for more information. I recommend knowing what table you want and joining the line well in advance so you are one of the first so that you can get the table that you want. Also, book early if you are going at a popular time, since they sell out quickly.
and this was my experience,but it was awhile ago (7 yrs) WOC is incredible, but we stood in line for the dessert party for well over an hour. sitting at the table was nice after that, but it was annoying to see all the regular crowds go in and settle down while we stood there.....and paid for it.

If you're talking about the one in NYC, a base room was between 980-1200/night for the days that we stayed, so it worked out to be a good deal for us. I really like the pool there - unusual for a downtown hotel. At $500/night it's not as good a deal on points of course.
yep it was like all the stars aligned besides it being below or around freezing the entire weekend. but yeah that's ~2.5 cents a point I would have snagged it too.

Another vote for the dessert party if you really want to see WoC. I'm crowd averse, and this really makes it easier.
I 100% agree we did have someone try to stand in front of us, and he kept saying it was for his kid (even though mine couldn't see) he wouldn't move my wife got a CM, and then all was great again.

and this was my experience,but it was awhile ago (7 yrs) WOC is incredible, but we stood in line for the dessert party for well over an hour. sitting at the table was nice after that, but it was annoying to see all the regular crowds go in and settle down while we stood there.....and paid for it.
We've done the dessert party twice and neither time stood in line more 30 minutes while people lining up for the regular areas were standing there for 2 hours or more. We could see people lining up around 730 or just milling around the areas with blankets etc.

Does anyone know the formula/points value that Chase is using for their 1099-MISC forms? I received several this year, two for personal SW cards, and one for Bonvoy. I did the 5 50k FNC's, and my 1099 is for $330.68, which seems like an odd number. Also, for my SW cards, I had 2 referrals on one of the cards, and the 1099 was for $500, and for the other I don't think there were any referrals and it was for $70. Could it be adding anniversary points in somehow? Not saying these are wrong, but I'd like to understand their valuation. Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter