I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

I see a tax document from Chase in my informed delivery email. My mail comes very late in the day so I will have to wait to solve the mystery. I thought they missed a referral of DH's, but this is addressed to me. Maybe they adjusted the wildly inflated cost of my 3 FNC's (that were higher than many 5 night values I saw online)? Glad I haven't filed my taxes yet.

I see a tax document from Chase in my informed delivery email. My mail comes very late in the day so I will have to wait to solve the mystery. I thought they missed a referral of DH's, but this is addressed to me. Maybe they adjusted the wildly inflated cost of my 3 FNC's (that were higher than many 5 night values I saw online)? Glad I haven't filed my taxes yet.

This should be it. Reports are they're sending out amended 1099's for the FNCs. Hopefully it's zero as it should be.

Wow, so late in the season to be sending new tax docs... we haven't filed yet either but it's unusual for us.

Just applied and approved for Citi AA Platinum Select, yippee. Always can use more AA miles!! I was nervous about Citi, as alot of recent data points were denials. We have a Double Cash and Custom Cash (PC'ed from TY Premier) currently open which we put regular spend on. Last time we had this card was 2018, so I'm happy to get it again since it's only $3500 spend requirement (those Ink $6K spends have been wearing me out! lol)

The 10% Home depot online offer (one-time use) on my Chase cards has a disclaimer at the bottom that the merchant may split the order into multiple shipments, resulting in 10% back on only the first part. If this is the case, call the number on the back of your card. So I called the number on the back of my card, the rep put me on hold for a while and came back on and said there was nothing she could do about the fact that the order was split. So why does Chase put the disclaimer on the offer that says to call? Guess it's a HUCB situation.

Looking for some advice for those who have rented cars through Costco. My DM has a Costco membership and she will be going on vacation with us this summer. If we reserve a rental car through Costco does she need to be listed as the driver? If she needs to be listed and we list DH or I as the second driver could we pay using a cc in our name or does it have to be paid by the Costco member when we pick it up?

Does the price of rental cars through Costco decrease so we will need to check periodically and cancel/rebook?

Thanks for any information.

Looking for some advice for those who have rented cars through Costco. My DM has a Costco membership and she will be going on vacation with us this summer. If we reserve a rental car through Costco does she need to be listed as the driver? If she needs to be listed and we list DH or I as the second driver could we pay using a cc in our name or does it have to be paid by the Costco member when we pick it up?

Does the price of rental cars through Costco decrease so we will need to check periodically and cancel/rebook?

The price will often fluctuate so I do check back frequently. I think the rental needs to be in her name and one of you can definitely be the free additional driver. Not sure about the credit card, I usually go with Alamo and check in online ahead of time so I can skip the line.

The 10% Home depot online offer (one-time use) on my Chase cards has a disclaimer at the bottom that the merchant may split the order into multiple shipments, resulting in 10% back on only the first part. If this is the case, call the number on the back of your card. So I called the number on the back of my card, the rep put me on hold for a while and came back on and said there was nothing she could do about the fact that the order was split. So why does Chase put the disclaimer on the offer that says to call? Guess it's a HUCB situation.
Is it not a cumulative amount? My experience has been it applies against multiple transactions, not just a one-time purchase. I haven’t done that much but seem to see it mostly with gas at Kroger Fuel. Maybe this one is different.

The prices change all the time. Lately, the cars we have rented have gone down in price closer to our travel dates. Also, sometimes we see certain categories dropping and not others (an upcoming stay has SUVs cheaper than Intermediate sedans which isn't usual).

Hmmm, I was going to say have her add you to her membership, but I think you have to live together but I'm not sure of that. If she can add you, then no question.

My husband needs to travel without me. We are looking at a Fairfield Inn.
I have a Mariott account but it would still be a paid room (not using points).

If I make it under my name because I'm the one with the account, can I add his name to it? I know different chains work differently (unless that's only the case for points/rewards bookings.

The credit card needs to be in the name of the person whose name is on the contract, the person whose name is on the contract must be a Costco member. How often they actually check the Costco membership is another question, it seems to be rarely but does happen. I would recommend logging your rental with Autoslash, they will continue to check the rates and let you know if they go down, including Costco rates.

If I make it under my name because I'm the one with the account, can I add his name to it? I know different chains work differently (unless that's only the case for points/rewards bookings.
I know that works fine with Hilton. I've booked and added my wife as the second adult in the room and she's had no issue checking in. Technically it's a violation of the terms, but never had a problem as long as she was listed.

Just did this at a Fairfield Inn in Pittsburgh this week. We usually call ahead and put my name on the reservation but forgot to this time and it wasn’t a problem. I checked in on the app but had to go to the front desk to get the mobile key. I told them it was my wife’s account and they didn’t care. I have had to call her while I’m checking in to confirm a couple of times because we have different last names.

I have booked cars under my husbands name and son's name. Neither of them are on my membership. The rental needs to be paid for in a credit card with the same name as the rental.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter