I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

What type of room did you stay in? The pool suites look awesome but so expensive lol
It was just a standard room, but it was SO nice! It was 2 years ago, so not sure if the amenities are still the same, but the room had a Nespresso machine, a refillable water bottle for each guest with several refill stations around the resort, mini flashlights to get around at night - and I loved that each casita only had 3 rooms each. There were also several laundry rooms, and the machines and detergent were free.

I’m sure the pool suites would be amazing though, haha!

That outdoor water park looks pretty cool! Is it warm enough to swim in March
Being that you live in Florida, I would say no it’s not warm enough in March to swim. Maybe if you were from Minnesota 😉. 80 is about the highest temperature we see in March, and it’s a dry heat. No way you’d find me in a pool, unless of course it’s heated.

I just downgraded my Aspire (Ive had the other flavors already) because I agree, theyve really messed up the value. Hoping they'll offer me an upgrade offer in the future haha

I thought I'd be in the same camp but so far I am keeping all 4 Aspire cards. We've successfully received both the quarterly airline credits via UTB this year. That's a bit more to keep up with than just one and done in January. The FN certs always come in handy for us. Even when we are not going anywhere outside of Florida. Between Bakers Cay in Key Largo, the WA in Orlando and now the Conrad in Orlando they are useful for us. The resort credits are also useful as the 3 Florida where properties we would use a spare FN cert all count. I like having options for staycations and these are working well for us. Time will tell for how long though. We will be back at the Conrad this weekend and checking out one of the restaurants using resort credits. I heard its good.

Trying to decide if I should downgrade my AMEX BCP to the BCE. I got it March 2023 and my AF just hit last week. It's $95 and I know I more than recoup that with 6% cash back on groceries for the firs $6K spend. Which BTW I forgot about the 6K limit last year which I hit back in Oct., but still kept putting the majority of my grocery store purchases on that card >:(. Currently I also have the Plat and DH has the gold, so I'm trying to weigh if the 4x MR are worth more than the 6% cash back? Also, I'm trying to cut back on some of the Annual Fees we pay.

For GE appt next week, can someone verify what I'm supposed to bring with me? License, passport, anything else I need? That's all I can find on the website for info...it's a 2 hour drive so I don't want to forget anything.

For GE appt next week, can someone verify what I'm supposed to bring with me? License, passport, anything else I need? That's all I can find on the website for info...it's a 2 hour drive so I don't want to forget anything.
If your DL has your current address that should be all you need. I did my GE interview Monday and brought my mortgage statement with me, but was only asked for my DL and passport.
Trying to decide if I should downgrade my AMEX BCP to the BCE. I got it March 2023 and my AF just hit last week. It's $95 and I know I more than recoup that with 6% cash back on groceries for the firs $6K spend. Which BTW I forgot about the 6K limit last year which I hit back in Oct., but still kept putting the majority of my grocery store purchases on that card >:(. Currently I also have the Plat and DH has the gold, so I'm trying to weigh if the 4x MR are worth more than the 6% cash back? Also, I'm trying to cut back on some of the Annual Fees we pay.
I think 4x MR are worth more than 6% CB. I've gotten as high as 3.7 cpp from MR with Delta, and I've heard of much better redemptions. As an average I get 1.5cpp that would put it at the same level as the BCP. Since you already have the Gold, you'd have to take the $95 AF out of the CB on the BCP.

Remember I matched in AC, so I had Ceasar's Diamond, I managed to get MGM Gold, I had Hard Rock Rock Royalty (I think), and Ocean Prime. I was also a Diamond w/ Hilton.

MGM is doing a match right now, so here is what I would do....

Take your Ceasar's Diamond and match at Wynn first - Diamond will get you Platinum. Wynn match gets you $100 for your bday month.
MGM - will match Wynn Plat to gold for 90 days. (Free parking and no resort fees).
Mirage - I believe MGM gold got me Icon, but you could see what Ceasar Diamond gets you or Wynn Plat too!
Resorts World - I just showed them all my cards. Right now there isn't anything online for matching. But I know they are matching. They have a list they reference. Maybe my hilton matched here too, IDK.
Fountaine Bleu - Take your Wynn Plat, or Hard Rock Icon, or Resorts World (if Monarch) and match there to get $150 food/bev credit. Go eat at Mother Wolf. I'm not a foodie and it was GOOOOOOOD! There's $150 spa credit too.

If you go down to Freemont you can get the one of the top tiers at the D/Circa, etc.

You'll have $100 at Ceasar's (we always do the buffett as my BF wants the all you can eat crab legs). $100 at Mirage/Hard Rock (we did the italian there), $150 at Fountaine Bleu and if it's your bday $100 at Wynn, LOL.

Okay I'm off on some of these amounts, but here's the updated merry go round post. https://milestalk.com/las-vegas-status-match-merry-go-round-april-may-2024-edition/
I made a reservation at Mother Wolf to use the $150 Dining Credit (that I hope to get with matching). I couldn't really decipher their menu - so had to to to You Tube and watch vloggers try their food and see what they had. LOL.

Am using the Caesars Dining Credit at Bacchanal Buffet. Have been there twice with this credit. Because of the cost, normally would not go there.

Being that you live in Florida, I would say no it’s not warm enough in March to swim. Maybe if you were from Minnesota 😉. 80 is about the highest temperature we see in March, and it’s a dry heat. No way you’d find me in a pool, unless of course it’s heated.
I’m trying to decide if we should even bother with Sedona or if we should spend the whole week near Phoenix. Do you have any advice?

Any recs for stuff in Montreal? Will be there 5 nights the end of next month staying in old town. Turned into a solo trip earlier this week, which is fine but had been planning a friend's trip. Means more time for shopping now 🙂

That outdoor water park looks pretty cool! Is it warm enough to swim in March? Where did you do the jeep tour at?
was definitely warm enough for us to swim and sunbathe. we are from oregon thou so that sun felt good.
the jeep tour i booked thru chase activities. lots of choices available. we left from fort mcdowell. and they took us out on an indian reservation and explained and showed us different cauti. even tasted one. saw wild cows. the wild horses were hiding so did not see them. and then the beautiful sunset.

I’m trying to decide if we should even bother with Sedona or if we should spend the whole week near Phoenix. Do you have any advice?
I definitely think Sedona is worth your time. It’s stunning. There are some easy trails for your son with incredible scenery. Every time we drive up there I ask myself why we don’t go more often. Nice little laid back town too. It’s also just an easy day trip if you don’t want to spend the night.

Last edited:
I definitely think Sedona is worth your time. It’s stunning. There’s some easy trails for your son with incredible scenery. Every time we drive up there I ask myself why we don’t go more often. Nice little laid back town too. It’s also just an easy day trip if you don’t want to spend the night.
Maybe we will drive up then. We were thinking 3-4 nights in Phoenix and 2-3 in Sedona.

I found a best western in Sedona that has a playground, hot tub, indoor pool, and outdoor pool which might work out great for us

Just returned from a few nights in Panama City (Panama not Florida) staying at Hotel La Compania using a Hyatt upgrade certificate to get a loft suite. Decided not to use Hyatt points as the $ cost would not have been a good points redemption. Hotel is located in the old town and is the result of a 7 year restoration project from the ruins of a 17th century Jesuit convent. We are not big fans of snooty, posh hotels and this property was upscale, but a relaxed luxury atmosphere rather than anything over the top. Staff and service were wonderful.

IMG_6709.jpeg

The Loft part was nice to relax with a drink in the evening and watch a movie or play a game, but otherwise more of a novelty space than anything else. At 6'4 I could just about stand upright as long as I avoided the beams.

IMG_6706.jpeg

The bathroom has separate tub and shower with a window into the bedroom that cleverly becomes opaque with a touch of button.

IMG_6711.jpeg

View into the courtyard which has restaurants/bars on three sides, and the ruins of the church on the left.
IMG_6710.jpeg

I know it might not be everyone's choice for a long weekend break, but we really enjoyed our short stay in Panama visiting the canal and spending time just hanging out in the old town. Would highly recommend the Hotel La Compania.

It's not uncommon to get an upgrade offer after downgrading a BCP to BCE. I've gone up and down several times over the years. You could also try for a retention offer before you ask to PC the BCP.

Just noticed the increased SUB on US Bank Biz Cards. Just applied for they US Bank Triple Cash Biz Card last month - almost done with the spend. So, of course need a new card. Trying to stay away from Chase for a bit longer in hopes of getting another INK. AMEX is hit or miss (mostly miss).

So applied for the US Bank Altitude Connect. 75,000 with $6000 spend in 180 days. Instant approval. Hate not working on a SUB...

I thought I'd be in the same camp but so far I am keeping all 4 Aspire cards. We've successfully received both the quarterly airline credits via UTB this year. That's a bit more to keep up with than just one and done in January. The FN certs always come in handy for us. Even when we are not going anywhere outside of Florida. Between Bakers Cay in Key Largo, the WA in Orlando and now the Conrad in Orlando they are useful for us. The resort credits are also useful as the 3 Florida where properties we would use a spare FN cert all count. I like having options for staycations and these are working well for us. Time will tell for how long though. We will be back at the Conrad this weekend and checking out one of the restaurants using resort credits. I heard its good.
Same here. I thought it would be too hard, but so far I've been able to get great rooms for those FNCs and as long as I can use UTB I'm good with the airline credits.

Just noticed the increased SUB on US Bank Biz Cards. Just applied for they US Bank Triple Cash Biz Card last month - almost done with the spend. So, of course need a new card. Trying to stay away from Chase for a bit longer in hopes of getting another INK. AMEX is hit or miss (mostly miss).

So applied for the US Bank Altitude Connect. 75,000 with $6000 spend in 180 days. Instant approval. Hate not working on a SUB...
do US Bank Biz cards work like Chase? Not showing on personal, and with a "business"?
I will be done with this Ink spend in the blink of an eye and have property taxes due in 4 weeks.

Same here. I thought it would be too hard, but so far I've been able to get great rooms for those FNCs and as long as I can use UTB I'm good with the airline credits.
I will be cancelling my Aspire. I will find it hard to use the $200 resort credits every six months and the new flight credits coupons are a PITA. I can't justify the higher AF. Now if I owned a Hilton Grand Vacation Club timeshare like I almost did it would be a no brainer. Pay your maintenace fees in January get $200 credit and then pre-pay $200 of the next year's fees in December.

I will be cancelling my Aspire. I will find it hard to use the $200 resort credits every six months and the new flight credits coupons are a PITA. I can't justify the higher AF. Now if I owned a Hilton Grand Vacation Club timeshare like I almost did it would be a no brainer. Pay your maintenace fees in January get $200 credit and then pre-pay $200 of the next year's fees in December.
I am in the same boat. I don’t get a FNC and can’t use the resort credit. I can use the airfare credit but that still an expensive annual fee to keep Hilton diamond status.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter