I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

I really, really need for there to be an Arsenal home match around mid-December since I have already booked flights and hotel (schedule comes out next month).
PL schedule is so hard to work with. The only week off DS has during the season is spring break (except Christmas which is a no go for other reasons) which is always the last week of March. There were a couple years there were no Tottenham home games that week and when they finally had one that worked we booked everything. Then they changed the game from Saturday to Sunday so I had to change our flight home and book an extra hotel night.

We did 2 nights at Old Faithful Snow Lodge Cabins and 2 nights at Canyon Lodge Cabins. I found (at that time) the cabins were a little cheaper than lodge rooms. We did western cabins, not rustic (ie have to go outside to a communal bathroom). 5-6 nights would be great. I had to make some last minute adjustments to my plans so we were left with the 4 nights. I wish we had had more.
Did you like these cabins (OF and Canyon)? They are the exact places we're staying... 2 nights in each, plus 2 nights in Jackson Hole to visit Tetons.

I don't think this is true (that if you purchase Delta Comfort Plus, you will board before Main and Economy so won't have an issue getting the overhead bin space which is allegedly dedicated for your type of ticket.)

Here is the list of Delta boarding groups up to and including Comfort Plus. So if you book Comfort Plus, these people are getting on ahead of you:

Pre-Boarding
- customers needing assistance or additional time to board
- active Duty U.S. military with ID
- Delta 360 members

Zone 1
- Delta One customers
- Delta First Class Customers

Zone 2
- Diamond Medallion Members
- Delta Premium Select customers
- Early access for customers traveling with car seats and strollers

Zone 3
- Delta Comfort Plus customers

(I'm not including zones 4-8)

https://www.delta.com/us/en/check-in-security/boarding-priority

Also
https://thepointsguy.com/news/delta-air-lines-new-boarding-groups/
Thank you. This makes sense. I knew we wouldn't be first to board.

I've also read of bags in 1st or C+ bins getting moved if someone in those sections board late and they find out the bag is for someone in main.
Thanks. If I don't get bin space, I don't mind politely speaking up to get what I paid for.

We tried using CLEAR at MCO yesterday because it was a shorter line than TSA precheck. They were only using 2 out of the 8 machines available with only one person working. People had no idea how to use it and I think some were registering right then. We ended up leaving the line and went to TSA precheck which went much faster. After we got through we looked back at Clear and the line hadn’t moved at all.

You don't need to be flying the airline to use the lounge with PP, but it's restricted to certain hours and they may refuse you due to space constraints. We had that happen at the SFO China Airlines lounge before.
cool..... So anyone with a pp can use the lounges regardless of airline? And please refresh my memory, the pp is good for how many? Or does it go by who's traveling together on same ticket? or airline? (You can see I've used this perk maybe once in ten years lol)

In looking at the in park facilities, it looks like you could do the Grand Loop and stay 1-2 nights at Mammoth Hot Springs, Old Faithful and Canyon Village. How much time and which resorts did you do? Would 5-6 nights be reasonable?
This was about 9 years ago but when we went we stayed in Grand Tetons for 3 nights, then drove up to Yellowstone,staying a 2-3 nights at each stop on the loop and exploring- it was perfect.... I think we stayed only 1 night at Mammoth and that was enough, so I think we started at Old Faithful cabins, then up and around the loop clockwise, our last night was in west Yellowstone at a hotel for ease of getting to airport.

Did you like these cabins (OF and Canyon)? They are the exact places we're staying... 2 nights in each, plus 2 nights in Jackson Hole to visit Tetons.
Old Faithful cabins were our favorite spot...I want to go back! The Canyon cabin was more like a condo complex, but very basic- comfortable enough for sure though. It's just the OF cabins are RIGHT THERE at the action, I enjoyed walking around the gorgeous scenery all around every morning.

This was about 9 years ago but when we went we stayed in Grand Tetons for 3 nights, then drove up to Yellowstone,staying a 2-3 nights at each stop on the loop and exploring- it was perfect.... I think we stayed only 1 night at Mammoth and that was enough, so I think we started at Old Faithful cabins, then up and around the loop clockwise, our last night was in west Yellowstone at a hotel for ease of getting to airport.
We can fly in/out of Bozeman so I’m thinking Mammoth, then Old Faithful then Canyon and back to Mammoth or last night in Bozeman depending on flight time.

cool..... So anyone with a pp can use the lounges regardless of airline? And please refresh my memory, the pp is good for how many? Or does it go by who's traveling together on same ticket? or airline? (You can see I've used this perk maybe once in ten years lol)

On the CSR PP, you can do yourself plus 2 guests. On the Hilton biz PP, it's 10 visits, so you can do yourself plus 9 guests if you wanted to. You don't need to be on the same ticket or airline.

Any award seat finders that you all would recommend? (looking for JAL or ANA and finding the whole thing kind of complicated) Any suggestions would be appreciated.

It doesn't matter which airline you are flying.

BA releases seats 355 days in advance and you can book JAL with Avios. AA opens points seats at 331 days, by which time JAL seats in first and biz are usually taken. I was able to get a first class seat heading to Tokyo and coming home booking as soon as they were released (for January, 2025).

ANA is a bit harder, at least it was for me. I was able to get ds a seat home in first class on ANA but I had to jump on his seat the second it was released (through AC -- Star Alliance).

You can always use points.me, but I find JAL is easy to book if you know the date 355 days ahead of time and have Avios. You might get lucky and find seats on JAL metal through AA 331 days out.

When I am trying to book a trip in first I try to do mock bookings several days ahead of time so when the day arrives I can grab a seat.

BA releases seats 355 days in advance and you can book JAL with Avios. AA opens points seats at 331 days, by which time JAL seats in first and biz are usually taken. I was able to get a first class seat heading to Tokyo and coming home booking as soon as they were released (for January, 2025).

ANA is a bit harder, at least it was for me. I was able to get ds a seat home in first class on ANA but I had to jump on his seat the second it was released (through AC -- Star Alliance).

You can always use points.me, but I find JAL is easy to book if you know the date 355 days ahead of time and have Avios. You might get lucky and find seats on JAL metal through AA 331 days out.

When I am trying to book a trip in first I try to do mock bookings several days ahead of time so when the day arrives I can grab a seat.
Thank you. I have been trying to do this and DH and I are both not finding ANY availability no matter what dates we choose (this has been going on for a few weeks now) and it's been pretty frustrating. Perhaps we are just doing something wrong here. At this point I'm just playing with it (no firm plans at all) and I see nothing out there (whereas I can easily find ways to get to Europe next year through a number of carriers). I really don't know why this is so hard - I'm starting to wonder if the world is telling me I should not be even trying to go there.

Was there a specific time of day you checked?

Thank you. I have been trying to do this and DH and I are both not finding ANY availability no matter what dates we choose (this has been going on for a few weeks now) and it's been pretty frustrating. Perhaps we are just doing something wrong here. At this point I'm just playing with it (no firm plans at all) and I see nothing out there (whereas I can easily find ways to get to Europe next year through a number of carriers). I really don't know why this is so hard - I'm starting to wonder if the world is telling me I should not be even trying to go there.

Are you searching BA SFO-HND? I've been practice stalking lately and there seems to be no biz availability for HND, but there is for NRT. You can use TYO to see both.

I just checked ORD to TYO and there are 2 biz class seats on April 29 and 30th. What airport are you departing from? I will stalk availability from at least 2 airports that I am okay positioning from just in case there isn't availability from one.

If you want first class you have to be more strategic with the timing of the release of the seats because they go very quickly. Biz class seats tend to linger for a few days.

Are you searching BA SFO-HND? I've been practice stalking lately and there seems to be no biz availability for HND, but there is for NRT. You can use TYO to see both.
I am looking at SFO to "Tokyo" which usually shows both Haneda and Nartia. I've been little to no biz and no first at all (was really looking for first since it's such a long flight). Do you know what time they update over on BA? Thanks for your help. I realize I may have to try for J class instead.

I just checked ORD to TYO and there are 2 biz class seats on April 29 and 30th. What airport are you departing from? I will stalk availability from at least 2 airports that I am okay positioning from just in case there isn't availability from one.

If you want first class you have to be more strategic with the timing of the release of the seats because they go very quickly. Biz class seats tend to linger for a few days.

Flying from SFO non-stop (with LAX as a backup). Looking mostly for first but also checking Biz. I knew it wasn't going to be easy but it's much harder than expected. BA is showing NO non-stops on 4/29 from SFO (I'm not willing to fly through LHR which they are suggesting) and that's even searching for a cash flight in any class of seats.

I really appreciate all the help.Screenshot 2024-05-12 at 4.06.32 PM.png

Last edited:
Two thoughts: with SW, you can actually do just a change and get a refund, no need to do a new booking. I love that, it's so fast on the app.

In contrast, AA and Delta won't show your original flight if you try to "change," so it's annoying because that would be an easy way to see if prices dropped and get a refund right away, like SW. Instead, you have to do a pretend booking to see if the price changed. Then cancel the original and rebook at the lower price if lower. Which means you do have to choose your seats again.

I don't know what Airline you're flying, but you probably would have to cancel and rebook?

If you booked on AA miles, you have to cancel and rebook. You can’t change, so yes you’ll have to reselect seats.

Didn’t Los Altos leave Hyatt rewards program? They are part of the SLH and I’m pretty sure they are no longer taking Hyatt reward bookings. Otherwise yeah Los Altos would have been a perfect place for them.
Unfortunately, I don’t think there’s any Hyatt properties in MA anymore :( which is a real bummer because we also loved the area and Los Altos and I would have planned a return in a heartbeat!

Thanks! I assumed it would require selecting seats again, so I'm not even going to bother.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter