I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations! You're going to love Plastiq coding rent 3x on the CIP.
Yup! The value of the 3X points is almost double the Plastiq fee, so it's worth it. I got in on it once with the CSR before it stopped coding as 3X.

Yup! The value of the 3X points is almost double the Plastiq fee, so it's worth it. I got in on it once with the CSR before it stopped coding as 3X.

The CIP is my highest earning card by points per month. In addition to rent, we also pay and earn 3x on student loans, our LO's preschool tuition, and electricity bill through Plastiq; and cell phone bills direct with AT&T. We also earn 3x on electronic gift cards through PPDG, Gyft and Swych when paid through PayPal, and from merchants where their eGCs are processed by Cashstar. P2P payments through Venmo are supposed to code as 3x too. I love this card!

The CIP is my highest earning card by points per month. In addition to rent, we also pay and earn 3x on student loans, our LO's preschool tuition, and electricity bill through Plastiq; and cell phone bills direct with AT&T. We also earn 3x on electronic gift cards through PPDG, Gyft and Swych when paid through PayPal, and from merchants where their eGCs are processed by Cashstar. P2P payments through Venmo are supposed to code as 3x too. I love this card!
Feel free to send me a Venmo payment if you want to test it! :rotfl2:

Really though - that's great information. Thanks for passing it along! I can't wait to be under 5/24 again in December and get my hands on the CIP!

This is all great to know, thank you! I planned to switch over my cell phone, etc. to the CIP but I didn't know about the digital GCs coding as 3X. I'll have to check out which cards they offer.

This is all great to know, thank you! I planned to switch over my cell phone, etc. to the CIP but I didn't know about the digital GCs coding as 3X. I'll have to check out which cards they offer.

I forgot to mention eBay seller fees and shipping (even PO boxes) code as 3x too, in case you actually use your CIP for "business."

Reactions: Ava
Is this like paying a friend or family member?

Yes. But Venmo has been known to shut down accounts for abuse. There's also a 3% fee for payments made with credit cards.

EDIT: Tagging @brownhaired_girl to remind her to pay her hay man using CIP through Venmo. Because if you're going to pay 2.9%+$0.30 using PayPal only to earn 1x, you might as well pay 3% to Venmo and earn 3x UR instead. Her expense is totally legit, so no worries there.

Last edited:
Yes. But Venmo has been known to shut down accounts for abuse. There's also a 3% fee for payments made with credit cards.

I was really just curious :) Figured if it was what I was thinking, then yes, abuse must be happening with that.

I have never used points on any airline other than SW and never transferred any UR to a partner. I've been reading back through the posts on recommendations for getting to Hawaii and how you can transfer to alliance partners and get a better deal. I'm wondering if I can do this for other destinations other than hawaii or int'l...

Here is my situation. I need to take my dd17 to see a doctor in Whitefish MT. The airfare is $550 pp/RT to fly into Glacier. A tiny bit cheaper into Missoula but then we have a 3 hour drive. United has nonstop flights. How do I figure out which partner of United flies into one of these locations?

Thanks for any ideas.

I have never used points on any airline other than SW and never transferred any UR to a partner. I've been reading back through the posts on recommendations for getting to Hawaii and how you can transfer to alliance partners and get a better deal. I'm wondering if I can do this for other destinations other than hawaii or int'l...

Here is my situation. I need to take my dd17 to see a doctor in Whitefish MT. The airfare is $550 pp/RT to fly into Glacier. A tiny bit cheaper into Missoula but then we have a 3 hour drive. United has nonstop flights. How do I figure out which partner of United flies into one of these locations?

Thanks for any ideas.

awardhacker.com should give u a general idea on how to book your ticket.

Thanks for any ideas.

Is there a reason you don't want to fly United? UR points transfer directly 1:1 to United. Paying with points through the UR travel portal is a different animal than transferring to an airline and flying that airline or a partner airline on an award flight. You can use the Chase UR portal to pay airfare with points on any airline, not just their transfer partners. Transferring to an airline partner, like United, and booking an award ticket on that airline or a partner airline is a different process. I wouldn't transfer UR points to a partner airline without making sure there is award availability first. If you want to see if flying a partner airline is less than flying United metal on an award ticket and less than paying for a flight with points you would look to see who partners with United on their website or check the list of star Alliance partners. Hope this helps.

Thanks for any ideas.
You can transfer into United and fly United, however it's not as good of a deal as it used to be so do your research first.

Is there a reason you don't want to fly United? UR points transfer directly 1:1 to United. Paying with points through the UR travel portal is a different animal than transferring to an airline and flying that airline or a partner airline on an award flight. You can use the Chase UR portal to pay airfare with points on any airline, not just their transfer partners. Transferring to an airline partner, like United, and booking an award ticket on that airline or a partner airline is a different process. I wouldn't transfer UR points to a partner airline without making sure there is award availability first. If you want to see if flying a partner airline is less than flying United metal on an award ticket and less than paying for a flight with points you would look to see who partners with United on their website or check the list of star Alliance partners. Hope this helps.

I am fine flying United. I was just wondering if there might be a way to save a few more points. I looked at United's list of alliance partners but I'm unfamiliar with those airlines. They have names that sound more like int'l carriers.

awardhacker.com should give u a general idea on how to book your ticket.

That is a helpful site! I've seen you post it before but I've never needed it so never checked it out. Unfortunately for me, looks like I need SPG points which I don't have :( UR don't seem too helpful.

I am fine flying United. I was just wondering if there might be a way to save a few more points. I looked at United's list of alliance partners but I'm unfamiliar with those airlines. They have names that sound more like int'l carriers.
With Chase UR points you can also transfer to KrisFlyer (Singapore air) and you can use that to book united, I'm not sure if that would be a better deal or not..you should compare :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter