I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight I"m going to apply for the Chase Marriott and at the same time Chase Freedom Unlimited. Is there a special way to do this that won't trigger a rejection? Two separate browsers at the same time? I am currently at 4/24.

Thanks!

Yay! Hope you get them both :) Apply back-to-back in two different browsers. If you do not get automatically approved, call recon immediately to find out why and offer to move credit around.

Tonight I"m going to apply for the Chase Marriott and at the same time Chase Freedom Unlimited. Is there a special way to do this that won't trigger a rejection? Two separate browsers at the same time? I am currently at 4/24.

Thanks!

Yay! Hope you get them both :) Apply back-to-back in two different browsers. If you do not get automatically approved, call recon immediately to find out why and offer to move credit around.
Wouldn't this be the reason not to do this late on a Saturday night? I assume no recon overnight or on Sundays. Potentially preferable to do it on a weekday morning when Recon is operating.

EDIT: also obligatory DISchurners reminder ;) hahahaha

Thanks! Bit of info: I just got a Chase United 11/9 - I hope that doesn't get me rejected.

Are anyone else's AmEx offers taking longer than usual to credit? Usually mine show up in 2 - 3 days after the purchase, but at the moment I'm waiting on Exxon (purchase posted on Dec. 4) and Google Express (purchased on Dec. 1).

I used google express and bare minerals yesterday. Got an email about bare minerals immediately but not google express.

You should call the Chase automated status line and make sure that app has fallen off. You don't want to get caught up in the 2/30 rule when you're trying to get 2 cards approved.

So I would call the number on the back of my United card and select the option to check on an application?

Thanks!

Don't apply tonight!

Don't double dip on the weekend!

The reconsideration and verification lines are most likely closed, so if you aren't automatically approved for the first card and need to call in, you won't be able to; and then you won't be able to double dip successfully.

Apply on Monday during regular business hours.

Current DP says you can do so. but i honestly think its a really bad loophole for people to abuse so im not sure how long that would last. If you have a CFU or CF, already, perhaps go to a CS? Im sure PC between the same family line would be easier.
I have CF, so was thinking to keep DHs CSP & pc his CSR to CFU. Then we'd have CSP, CF & CFU between the 2 of us. He could upgrade his CSP to CSR in 2019 when we need it.
I know the net cost is only 150, but I'm still paying $450 oop. Which is a little tough at Christmas time for us.

800-432-3117

Follow the prompts. If you have an application in the past 30 days, it's status will still come up.

So, out of curiosity I called and it said the status of my application is unavailable, so I guess the United application is no longer in their system? That's a good sign, right?

@mefordis
If the United app has dropped off and you want to apply tomorrow, it looks like recon is open 8a-8p (EST).

I still say wait until Monday regular business hours. I believe the verification dept. is separate from reconsideration and may not be open on the weekends.

Thanks!

As for your double dipping strategy. Obviously make sure your United card application dropped off past 30 days. Apply for the card you really want first, get it approved. If not automatically approved, call reconsideration to get it approved. It could be a matter of verifying personal information, or reallocating credit. Then apply for the second one with another browser or incognito and get it approved all on the same day. It must be on the same day.

Please consider applying using fellow DISchurners’ referral links.

im not sure how my google express deal worked but it did...

Nov 25
GOOGLE SERVICES MOUNTAIN VIEW
-$20.00
Nov 23
GOOGLE *WALMART G.CO/HELPPAY# CA
$6.25
Nov 13
GOOGLE *WALMART G.CO/HELPPAY# CA
$49.71

i thought i screwed up haha.

I'm thinking I might have messed it up because I did an order that was split between Target and Wal-Mart, with the combined total being slightly more than $60. On the AmEx website it shows both charges as "doing business as Google Express" but maybe the system sees them as two separate entities. I've never had an AmEx offer that didn't apply automatically but 8 days seems like a suspiciously long time.

I haven't decided on our 2 CSRs. The bonus points from the Chase pay deals at Walmart and Best Buy shrink the difference(7250 points...worth approx 120-130 on SW). Also, isn't the fee $450...less the $300 travel credit = $150? You guys always help me with my fuzzy math...I seem to always miss something!

No it is effectively a $150 fee. Brain cramp! I had it confused with my Delta platinum.

So we got a call from Hawaiian Airlines tonight regarding our upcoming flight to Hawaii for Christmas. They overbooked and offered us $400 travel credit per passenger to change our flight. We moved up our departure (more time in Hawaii) and pocketed $1200! w00t!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter