• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am thinking i'd like to use them one per outfit...what size do you think i would need to fit a shirt and jeans?

Hmmn, $6 shipping. I am trying to spend as close to $20 as I can on both my chase cards to max out the chase pay deal. how did ya'll get around shipping?
Small is tiny. Probably medium. You don’t have shop runner? That’s what I use.

i checked awardwallet and it shows up there for me as well. hopefully that would work?

So it was totally delayed. Not sure when it showed up but if I look in Activity now I see all of it. Apparently hubby had only just linked the accounts yesterday too, so the first change I saw was the bonuses for linking them. Some time later the 1000 went through too, so there's 3 or 4 "Bonus" listings there now, but they didn't update the activity list for some time. Thanks!

Several questions for you!

Question about AA Citi-- we will need to get a total of four cards (2 biz, 2 personal) in order to erase airfare for a trip to South America in 2019. I'm at 5/24 (drop to 4/24 in June 2018, then totally to zero assuming no new cards in June 2019) and was not planning to get any new cards until 6/19, but we will need these points before then. Is it true the business cards are not even examined when looking at 5/24? As in, Chase doesn't see it as a card I have at all? If so, I'm going to get the regular card right now, then apply for the business in 2018 as soon as we finish the min spend on the first card.

Related-- I have both a Southwest Business card and a Starwood Business card, both of which I assumed were being included in my overall card count, but I'm now wondering if they are not? That would put me under 5/24, and I should definitely get an Ink to bolster our UR account.

Finally, I looked at the best airline cards to get from NC to Chile (@Dugette, we are eclipse chasing!!) and 40k round trip on AA looks best. I am admittedly a complete newbie at any airline rewards redemptions other than Southwest, which is all we use. Am I on the best track with AA cards? We would like to get 4 round-trip tickets if possible, all on points.

@Tinkerbell19672 The caveat to this is if you have an AMEX card with an AU on it, the AU can also activate the offer if it's still available. For example, DH is primary on our AMEX BCP ( and I'm an AU) that has the Best Buy offer and I activated the offer on both his and my cards. So if he spends $250 he gets $25 back and same for me; we'd get $50 back on $500 spend at Best Buy on our AMEX BCP card.

Thanks,DH is an AU but how do I activate the offer for him? I assumed it was activated on both cards when I add the offer on their site

So, if the initial Chase online app had the 30 day message, and now the phone line message says 7-10 days, that's a no, correct?

All signs point to no.
Ah well, so much for UR points for me, via my dd. Of course now she has a nice denial in Chases system. So much for pre-qualified offers :-).
I think I will just have to put the final semester tuition on an ordinary card for basic rewards points this time, oh the sorrow LOL.

Several questions for you!

Question about AA Citi-- we will need to get a total of four cards (2 biz, 2 personal) in order to erase airfare for a trip to South America in 2019. I'm at 5/24 (drop to 4/24 in June 2018, then totally to zero assuming no new cards in June 2019) and was not planning to get any new cards until 6/19, but we will need these points before then. Is it true the business cards are not even examined when looking at 5/24? As in, Chase doesn't see it as a card I have at all? If so, I'm going to get the regular card right now, then apply for the business in 2018 as soon as we finish the min spend on the first card.

Related-- I have both a Southwest Business card and a Starwood Business card, both of which I assumed were being included in my overall card count, but I'm now wondering if they are not? That would put me under 5/24, and I should definitely get an Ink to bolster our UR account.

Finally, I looked at the best airline cards to get from NC to Chile (@Dugette, we are eclipse chasing!!) and 40k round trip on AA looks best. I am admittedly a complete newbie at any airline rewards redemptions other than Southwest, which is all we use. Am I on the best track with AA cards? We would like to get 4 round-trip tickets if possible, all on points.

Those business cards don't count, the application will show up on your credit report but the cards don't. Don't count those when factoring your 5/24. You should be at 3/24. You could start buy getting the CIP, then 2 business AA cards. That would keep you at 3/24.

Thanks,DH is an AU but how do I activate the offer for him? I assumed it was activated on both cards when I add the offer on their site

Does your DH have his own online account for his AU card? That's what he'll need to do so that he can add AMEX offers to his AU card. That said, the Best Buy offer is popular, so it might have all been claimed by now.

upload_2017-12-11_7-55-27.png

Yes, I'm sure she didn't have enough income for their liking. Hopefully the one inquiry won't her too much. It shows she is 780 now.
I’m sorry. Was hoping since she was prequalified, she would be good to go. Her credit score is still very good though and that inquiry will not hurt her for long.

I’m sorry. Was hoping since she was prequalified, she would be good to go. Her credit score is still very good though and that inquiry will not hurt her for long.
Probably best to skip the pre-qualified Freedom offers too LOL!

I found out last night that one of the Walmart gift cards that I bought online has a balance of $0. I ordered 2 x $100 and 1 x $25. The $100 ones were still good...thank God! But the $25 was empty. I activated them all through the same email. So frustrating! I did an online chat with walmart.com last night and they are sending my claim to the gift card department.
This was from my first order to max out the Chasepay offer. I hope I don't end up losing a bunch of money on this.

I found out last night that one of the Walmart gift cards that I bought online has a balance of $0. I ordered 2 x $100 and 1 x $25. The $100 ones were still good...thank God! But the $25 was empty. I activated them all through the same email. So frustrating! I did an online chat with walmart.com last night and they are sending my claim to the gift card department.
This was from my first order to max out the Chasepay offer. I hope I don't end up losing a bunch of money on this.

Yikes. Were they ecards or plastic?

Oh man, Pop is now showing up in the UR portal for 10k UR more total than the room I have at the DS Hilton this weekend... Decisions, decisions...

Yes, I'm sure she didn't have enough income for their liking. Hopefully the one inquiry won't her too much. It shows she is 780 now.

My last hard pull resulted in a 2-3 point drop with the different CR agencies. I wouldn’t worry about it.

Those business cards don't count, the application will show up on your credit report but the cards don't. Don't count those when factoring your 5/24. You should be at 3/24. You could start buy getting the CIP, then 2 business AA cards. That would keep you at 3/24.

Oh, right-- I forgot you can churn the AA cards. Thanks so much. Off to apply for an Ink...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter