I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh it's been awhile since I followed this, but it just happens that my mortgage was recently bought out by Mr Cooper, so should I be using plastic to gt me some points? what's the current % rate for what they charge, gotta figure if it's worth it, or get me a new card to use this feature.
2.5% plastiq fee if new you can use a link from the reddit group and get $500 free in fees

If using the cip you still make out ahead after paying the fees.

I just want to confirm something before I pull the trigger . . . regarding personal Chase Marriott cards - my annual fee was charged on 1/1. If I call within 30 days to cancel (today!), I will get a refund of the fee, correct? How would they refund my annual fee if my outstanding balance is currently zero? I really was hoping that the Chase offers would offset the annual fee, but its not looking good at this point.

From Chicago, United, American and Southwest are all viable options. Each may have better options depending on destination. I have AA & SW cards. Have easily used miles to book Orlando (SW) Anaheim (AA) and Arizona (AA)
Do you see any real benefit with your AA card. I read mixed reviews so I am on the fence.

Do you see any real benefit with your AA card. I read mixed reviews so I am on the fence.

I do not have the AA card so I can't comment on that. But I recently used Chase UR through the travel portal to book an AA flight using around 6000 UR points. Love that Chase UR points are so versatile.

I plan to cancel my Chase SW cards right after the one year anniversary.

How long do I have to wait before applying again to get the sign up bonuses?

I’m tempted with the Marriott. Only worry is sw bus Card in spring, cip in sept, csr and csp in nov.

Can you break that up a bit with some Amex biz cards? Maybe push CIP out until 2019? Not sure of your travel goals and if you are needing all those UR sooner.

Well, I just want to thank everyone for there help. I finally called chase travel and tour department. I was able to book 2 nights at the poly and 5 nights at the contemporary with dinning plan. I had a super helpful agent named Terrence. I think his extension was 8118. not sure need to look. he called Disney and booked everything i asked and then answered all of my questions. i am going to call Disney to get my information from them so i can link it to my Disney account. You all are awesome.... thanks

I'd happily join in the slog if CEO of My House would qualify for a business card :) Sadly I believe that's a stretch...

We should get a salary for as much work as us moms (household manager, nurse, chauffeurs, chef, house cleaner...hmm, I see lots of job titles lol!) put in. Do you ever, ever sell on ebay or locally? If not, could you start :) Could you apply based on your 'business' that you are just getting off the ground? I remember, was it @speedyfishy getting approved for the CIP with just $20 of income.

Can the Chase Travel and Tours Dept. book a room only reservation or does it need to be a package?
yes they can book just a room. you will tell chase's people what you see and want, so when they call Disney chase relays the information correctly. it took about 20 minutes and i was done. hope this helps.

Can the Chase Travel and Tours Dept. book a room only reservation or does it need to be a package?

You can book a room only reservation through the regular UR portal. However, since the Travel and Tours dept is a travel agency, I think they can book anything a TA can book, which would include a room only reservation. If you do it, post back and let us know if there was any benefit to going through them.

oh it's been awhile since I followed this, but it just happens that my mortgage was recently bought out by Mr Cooper, so should I be using plastic to gt me some points? what's the current % rate for what they charge, gotta figure if it's worth it, or get me a new card to use this feature.

Having your mortgage through Mr Cooper is good because DPs suggest Visa payments to Mr Cooper are still going through fine on Plastiq. Having the CIP really makes making payments through Plastiq lucrative.

Here are some of my posts on the topic from this past week:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/i-love-credit-cards-so-much.3528202/page-685#post-58732677

https://www.disboards.com/threads/i-love-credit-cards-so-much.3528202/page-687#post-58734089

So I've heard but I literally generate zero income being a mom and dog owner. Zero. We had a rental property several years ago and I was an idiot and didn't apply for any business cards then but since then I volunteer and nag my child. While variably rewarding :-)rolleyes1) nothing created income wise.
I guess if I considered juggling everyone we need to keep the house going (pool lady, yard guy, housekeeper) THAT could be a "job" but it would definitely be a money losing proposition. Trust me, I've been trying to think of something, especially with the SPG/Marriott changes!

I think 2018 should be the year you launch your resell business! Seriously, how many SAHM/D just in this thread have gotten business cards on their few hundred dollars of eBay, Craigslist, letgo, Facebook Marketplace sales? You can do it!!!

We should get a salary for as much work as us moms (household manager, nurse, chauffeurs, chef, house cleaner...hmm, I see lots of job titles lol!) put in. Do you ever, ever sell on ebay or locally? If not, could you start :) Could you apply based on your 'business' that you are just getting off the ground? I remember, was it @speedyfishy getting approved for the CIP with just $20 of income.

@tink1970@speedyfishy got approved for the CIP with $5 business revenue!!! :rotfl2:

Amex changed their business card applications to require a minimum 4-digit number (at least $1000) for revenue. I guess Amex isn’t interested in our small time sales!

Last edited:
You can book a room only reservation through the regular UR portal. However, since the Travel and Tours dept is a travel agency, I think they can book anything a TA can book, which would include a room only reservation. If you do it, post back and let us know if there was any benefit to going through them.
i was told by the travel and tour department, that whatever i saw on Disney's website they could book it also. meaning ticket, food, room. i am curious to what happens if the price changes and goes down.

If I have dh sign up for the CIP do I need to have him removed from mine first and if so how long to wait before he should apply

No, DH can go for his own CIP even if he’s a cardholder under your CIP account. The CIP is a business card, so additional cards are “employee” cards and don’t show up on personal credit reports so shouldn’t affect */24.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter