• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I plan to cancel my Chase SW cards right after the one year anniversary.

How long do I have to wait before applying again to get the sign up bonuses?
You’re not eligible for the bonus until it’s been 24 months since you last received that bonus.

yes they can book just a room. you will tell chase's people what you see and want, so when they call Disney chase relays the information correctly. it took about 20 minutes and i was done. hope this helps.

You can book a room only reservation through the regular UR portal. However, since the Travel and Tours dept is a travel agency, I think they can book anything a TA can book, which would include a room only reservation. If you do it, post back and let us know if there was any benefit to going through them.

i was told by the travel and tour department, that whatever i saw on Disney's website they could book it also. meaning ticket, food, room. i am curious to what happens if the price changes and goes down.
Thanks for the answers. I just got my first UR card last Tuesday, the CIP, (already have +$2100 towards spend!) so I haven't been able to check out the UR page yet. I am an extreme control freak so I'm not sure how I would feel passing off a res to a TA. For our upcoming trip in March I've had at least 10 different resort combos booked since October. How does canceling a res booked under the UR work? If the benefit of booking through Travel & Tour is to include dining and/or tickets, that must mean those items can't be paid with just the UR?

You’re not eligible for the bonus until it’s been 24 months since you last received that bonus.

Thanks. That's actually ok. Plan to have DH get both cards to get the companion pass for 2019 and 2020.
Hoping Chase will offer to waive my annual fee when I call to cancel so I can refer him when the time comes, then cancel after he starts working on companion pass.

i was told by the travel and tour department, that whatever i saw on Disney's website they could book it also. meaning ticket, food, room. i am curious to what happens if the price changes and goes down.

I'd definitely be curious to know as well!

Was able to get the campsite thanks for the help. Worked out to a 33% savings by using the csr ur. What’s even better is she connected Disney on the line so I could ask my questions and I got my reservation numbers from Disney. Now to decide if I want to add dining for the first night

Glad to hear it worked out!! Did you use Melissa?

Thanks for the answers. I just got my first UR card last Tuesday, the CIP, (already have +$2100 towards spend!) so I haven't been able to check out the UR page yet. I am an extreme control freak so I'm not sure how I would feel passing off a res to a TA. For our upcoming trip in March I've had at least 10 different resort combos booked since October. How does canceling a res booked under the UR work? If the benefit of booking through Travel & Tour is to include dining and/or tickets, that must mean those items can't be paid with just the UR?

I have cancelled room only reservations through UR several times not only at WDW but other locations also. It was very easy. As long as you have booked a refundable rate, it can be cancelled in accordance with the hotel's regular cancellation policy.

I have only booked through the regular UR portal and managed everything myself. I was under the impression you would only go through the tours and cruise people if you wanted to add tickets or dining. However, if there were more availability that way, I could definitely see the benefit. I would think the rates would be what is on Disney's site, including any promos, but you would not get the rates that are available on the regular UR portal since those are wholesale rooms.

I do not have the AA card so I can't comment on that. But I recently used Chase UR through the travel portal to book an AA flight using around 6000 UR points. Love that Chase UR points are so versatile.
Oh okay. I do have that and considering holding on to those for my Hawaii trip.

I have cancelled room only reservations through UR several times not only at WDW but other locations also. It was very easy. As long as you have booked a refundable rate, it can be cancelled in accordance with the hotel's regular cancellation policy.

I have only booked through the regular UR portal and managed everything myself. I was under the impression you would only go through the tours and cruise people if you wanted to add tickets or dining. However, if there were more availability that way, I could definitely see the benefit. I would think the rates would be what is on Disney's site, including any promos, but you would not get the rates that are available on the regular UR portal since those are wholesale rooms.
So that means if I book an on-site resort such as WL thru the UR site the price is a special wholesale discounted price? How does this price stack up to a PH RO discount booked thru Disney? I realize doing it through WDW would not allow me to use UR, just trying to get a feel for what the prices on a wholesale room might be. A whole new and exciting world for me, this UR!

Feel the same. I took on 8k spend across 4 mos and I feel like I am missing out on all the great Freedom categories plus now, the Marriott biz offer and I'd love to have that Discover card too.

I'm not sure what I was thinking when I applied for the spg personal for my dh. We have a hard time with 5k spend in 3 mos but to add another 3k of spend less than a month into the 5k spend was pure lunacy :headache:

The high cost of living in the SF Bay Area should mean we can hammer out MSRs on new cards every month or two. But it’s a question of opportunity cost. We put so many of our largest monthly expenses on the CIP through Plastiq, and this earns us so much in UR points every month, for who knows how much longer, that I don’t want to shift any of this spend toward new card bonuses.

Then there are the Freedom 5x bonus on mobile payments that’s taken up a lot of our otherwise 1x spend, and the Chase Pay 10x promotion at Best Buy that we just have to maximize. For a lot of other things, I try to see if there are gift cards I can buy at 5x back or bigger discounts.

All this doesn’t leave much spending left to meet MSRs on new cards. And yet, I have the SW Biz + SW Plus/Premier, Marriott Biz and/or Hilton Biz on my radar.

We should get a salary for as much work as us moms (household manager, nurse, chauffeurs, chef, house cleaner...hmm, I see lots of job titles lol!) put in. Do you ever, ever sell on ebay or locally? If not, could you start :) Could you apply based on your 'business' that you are just getting off the ground? I remember, was it @speedyfishy getting approved for the CIP with just $20 of income.

I know...and since I was actually a six income figure person for decades before I took this pay cut it's especially frustrating some days!

I think 2018 should be the year you launch your resell business! Seriously, how many SAHM/D just in this thread have gotten business cards on their few hundred dollars of eBay, Craigslist, letgo, Facebook Marketplace sales? You can do it!!!

@tink1970@speedyfishy got approved for the CIP with $5 business revenue!!! :rotfl2:

Amex changed their business card applications to require a minimum 4-digit number (at least $1000) for revenue. I guess Amex isn’t interested in our small time sales

I'm thinking I might sell a thing or two...plus make my friends give me a nickel (a la Lucy from Peanuts) every time they ask for medical advice...wouldn't I then be a "consultant?" :rotfl:

So that means if I book an on-site resort such as WL thru the UR site the price is a special wholesale discounted price? How does this price stack up to a PH RO discount booked thru Disney? I realize doing it through WDW would not allow me to use UR, just trying to get a feel for what the prices on a wholesale room might be. A whole new and exciting world for me, this UR!

The rooms that UR offers on their regular portal are rooms that Disney has released to the wholesale market. It is supposed to be the same inventory of rooms that are on Expedia so you can check there to see what comes up for Disney for your dates. Not all resorts will be available...just depends on how far out your trip is and how busy that time is...when we went in late Aug/early Sept, practically every WDW resort came up as available. The rates were great at that time because it's slower. We ended up staying 5 nights at BC (booked that through an agency exclusive) and 4 nights at CS booked through UR at under $100 night.

If you are trying to compare to AP discounts, I think, again, it just varies based on time you are traveling, amount of rooms they are still trying to get booked, etc. I don't have an AP so I'm not sure what those rates look like.

Does Costco accept Chase Pay?

mine doesn't....at least thats what they told me when I asked. I think some other people have had success (or was it Apple Pay)...so ymmv.

What cruise company? I'm waiting for DCL to announce 2019 AK cruises to see if we can afford. If not, I've been looking elsewhere.

me too!

I currently sit in the Pittsburgh airport about to depart for Disney World! Don't be too worried if I respond less ;) lol.
Hope everybody has a great week churning!

have a great time!!

I think 2018 should be the year you launch your resell business! Seriously, how many SAHM/D just in this thread have gotten business cards on their few hundred dollars of eBay, Craigslist, letgo, Facebook Marketplace sales? You can do it!!!

me!!! You can use your household income on the personal income portion. Just look around the house and see what you have to sell.

I do not currently have a source I can provide for this, but I thought I had read somewhere that if you have paid in full with URs and then later have a discount applied (for example, 20% off room), you will get the value of that discount refunded to you in cash. It cannot be refunded in URs. I don't know if I saw this in relation to Disney specifically or for booking other packages through Chase, but FWIW, that's what I've heard before.

The rooms that UR offers on their regular portal are rooms that Disney has released to the wholesale market. It is supposed to be the same inventory of rooms that are on Expedia so you can check there to see what comes up for Disney for your dates. Not all resorts will be available...just depends on how far out your trip is and how busy that time is...when we went in late Aug/early Sept, practically every WDW resort came up as available. The rates were great at that time because it's slower. We ended up staying 5 nights at BC (booked that through an agency exclusive) and 4 nights at CS booked through UR at under $100 night.

If you are trying to compare to AP discounts, I think, again, it just varies based on time you are traveling, amount of rooms they are still trying to get booked, etc. I don't have an AP so I'm not sure what those rates look like.

We have AP’s and just arrived at WDW late last night. Two rooms at CBR. I could have booked with the AP discount and saved some, but honestly it was nice to just not have to pay anything out of pocket. If you could somehow get the AP discount and then call Chase Tours and apply that using UR I would be way interested. That might be something I try to figure out for our next trip in a couple months.

Thanks to everyone for helping me through this process and figuring out how to work the evolving process of using UR’s at Disney!!!

Last edited:
You can use ur once at the time of booking so you could pay for room, dining, tickets if that was in your package.
You can only use ur to pay once though so if you only do the deposit then the balance would have to be paid with an ur credit card.

Glad to hear it worked out!! Did you use Melissa?
Thanks I got a Lady think her name was Odella

I do not currently have a source I can provide for this, but I thought I had read somewhere that if you have paid in full with URs and then later have a discount applied (for example, 20% off room), you will get the value of that discount refunded to you in cash. It cannot be refunded in URs. I don't know if I saw this in relation to Disney specifically or for booking other packages through Chase, but FWIW, that's what I've heard before.
So I asked this question today when I was talking with chase and Disney. No if a better deal comes you have to cancel your reservation and rebook with the new discount.

We have AP’s and just arrived at WDW late last night. Two rooms at CBR. I could have booked with the AP discount and saved some, but honestly it was nice to just not have to pay anything out of pocket. If you could somehow get the AP discount and then call Chase Tours and apply that using UR I would be way interested. That might be something I try to figure out for our next trip in a couple months.

Thanks to everyone for helping me through this process and figuring using UR’s and Disney!!!

I was told today that we could book with the AP discount. Unfortunately there weren’t any offers for the dates I needed. But if they do come out later I can call back and cancel and rebook with the discount.

I have a non credit card question. I understand how interest works and kind of remember amortization from college, though I'm not fully sure what way my student loan is done. I have two loans that were consolidated together, though they show separately but together. The interest rate is the same on both, 2.875. It's been awhile since I looked to see what the individual balances were so I just looked (I know, exciting Saturday night here paying bills, haha). The interest paid from my payment each month is different. One month it's over 70, another it's under 40, under 50, under 60. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for the differences in the amount of interest is coming out of the payment. I always pay the exact same amount each month and have been for quite some time. Any ideas?

I'm in a similar situation as @trenty...a big purchase without a new card to use for min spend :sad:. To add insult to injury, my Discover year ends tomorrow and I don't have the bill! So my question is, how hard was it for you to get your second Discover card? I've run through other options (new Amex but the company doesn't take amex), one of the Chase that doesn't fall under 5/24 but my last Chase was in Nov and I don't want to anger them, so I think getting a second Discover might be my best option...or getting 4000 UR which seems like just a waste. Sigh...first world problems for sure.
Well, my first Discover card is 30 years old so not sure I'm the best DP. I did get denied the BofA Premier Rewards card yet got approved for the Discover It (consolation prize same day as denial :sad1: ). Not a super high limit and I'm also 12/24.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter