I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is the only in store one I know about. They send me an email about this deal every week which is how I learned about it.

My email about this always says I need to 'shop through Best Buy's ad'. Does yours say that but buying the GC in store still works? I'm trying to follow but wow, this thread is just flying lately!

Truth- BUT sign up earlier rather than later (like 4-5 months ahead of time, more if you want a club level room), rooms go quick. Also, if you sign up on their website you can get discounted park tickets for your Dapper Days trip!

How do you guys find the Dapper Days rates? And park tix discounts?

I don't think we can link to it, but it should be the first result on a search engine.

EDIT: For the ticket discount, you have to sign up for the newsletter.

Yes this was the best deal! We originally had booked GCV last year using DVC points (lucky at 7 months!) but then I couldn't take the original dates off work. Sold the DVC reservation and used the money to book Disneyland hotel using the Dapper Days rate. We used the ticket discount too.

My husband and I both prefer GCV (we had great luck and actually stayed there 2 years prior using our DVC points), but I'm glad we got to try Disneyland Hotel. We took great advantage of the magic morning hours at DCA and if we ever go back, it would be hard to give those up!

My email about this always says I need to 'shop through Best Buy's ad'. Does yours say that but buying the GC in store still works? I'm trying to follow but wow, this thread is just flying lately!

It's worded poorly (so you know it's from Swagbucks :p) you get the bonus if you buy from the weekly ad (in-store or online) OR if you spend the $50 or more in store with your QR code. It's down in the fine print in the email. They seem to have cleaned it up a little bit on the Best Buy shop page.

It's worded poorly (so you know it's from Swagbucks :p) you get the bonus if you buy from the weekly ad (in-store or online) OR if you spend the $50 or more in store with your QR code. It's down in the fine print in the email. They seem to have cleaned it up a little bit on the Best Buy shop page.

So true, right lol!?! Thanks for breaking it down for me. I've been receiving this email for weeks now and not doing anything with it cause I thought I had to shop from their ad.

So, do we have confirmation one way or another if you get the SB's bonus if you pay 100% with BB GC?

So true, right lol!?! Thanks for breaking it down for me. I've been receiving this email for weeks now and not doing anything with it cause I thought I had to shop from their ad.

So, do we have confirmation one way or another if you get the SB's bonus if you pay 100% with BB GC?
I'm not sure but I'm going to give it a shot. I've never had an issue of sb shop caring how you pay so I'd be shocked if it didn't. I'll swing by BB tonight if I have time.

Called into Chase again this morning and DH has been approved for the CIP! Can't wait to get started on that...

So when I applied for it, I did not add me as an "employee" with the idea that DH will eventually refer me for my own. Can DH call and get me added so I get my own card to help with meeting MSR, or will that show up as an AU on my credit report and cause problems for me getting my own later?

If I can't get my own employee card, I'll just try to time it to DH getting the "your CIP is in the mail" email and get him to call and request one expedited.

Called into Chase again this morning and DH has been approved for the CIP! Can't wait to get started on that...

So when I applied for it, I did not add me as an "employee" with the idea that DH will eventually refer me for my own. Can DH call and get me added so I get my own card to help with meeting MSR, or will that show up as an AU on my credit report and cause problems for me getting my own later?

If I can't get my own employee card, I'll just try to time it to DH getting the "your CIP is in the mail" email and get him to call and request one expedited.

Congratulations! And yes, DH can add you for an employee card without it showing as an AU on your personal credit report (and counting against 5/24). DH may want to add you after he’s received his card and set up his business card account. It’s quite easy to do online and avoids the awkwardness of calling in. Call 1-800-945-2028 for CIP customer service to request they expedite DH’s card. Enjoy!

CRAZY situation with Chase: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/reports-significant-security-issue-deposit-accounts-chase/

People are attempting to login to their account but then see somebody else's account! Odd and somewhat concerning...since we are all so big on Chase here I'd stay close to this one.

Good thing I moved a majority of my money out of chase last week into discover. I love Chase credit cards, but honestly the bank is annoying with their fees and bad interest rates and how do they let this happen?? My family members all use chase

The CIP bonus was definitely calling to me. I was just worried about the 4 business cards and 8 overall cards. I didn't want to risk shutdown, but it sounds as if I might be okay on that?

For some reason Plastiq has made me nervous. I don't have any of the main category of expenses that people tend to use it for (rent, tuitions, car payments, etc). I do have a huge mortgage (living in CA as I'm sure you can appreciate), but my loan is with a major bank and I don't want to mess around with addresses or anything like that. But it sounds as if there might be some other holes that it might be helpful for, so I will definitely look into it more. ACH payments, if they go in that direction, would be great. I think it's the amount of my taxes that would prevent using CIP for that through Plastiq :)

Another reason for you to try for a CIP and use Plastiq: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/plastiq-send-payments-via-ach-instead-check-select-users/

Plastiq now offers ACH payments. If paying your taxes on the CIP is still an option (especially to knock out a minimum spend), I wouldn't worry about the amount of your payment through Plastiq. I think whether Chase will approve another business card and how much of a limit they'll give you are more preliminary issues. Once you're approved, you could request they move some credit from your other Chase business card lines to the CIP to make it really useful for spending on business expenses.

I got the same offer. It would be great if I can use UR points. I am going to call tomorrow and find out. I’m not sure if I will even be able to take the time to go, but the deal is hard to pass up. It’s just me and my SO and the All Stars aren’t bad.
pin code? in email? I don't think I've ever gotten one

The fam member who recently PC'd their CSR got a letter explaining the new fee on their Freedom Unlimited (lol, yeah guess this is a gov't req) and it was to go into effect in like April I think for anyone wondering how long the AF might take to hit.
is there a new fee for FU that I missed seeing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter