• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
currently at 5/24 and wanting to open southwest next year. so need to stay away from chase :(

heh, need to stay away from all personal cards... open only biz cards. Marriott Biz is highly recommended or SPG biz. both have the same bonuses right now.
Just reiterating what @Albort said here...you need to avoid ALL personal cards if you're trying to get that 5/24 status back below "5". :thumbsup2

heh, need to stay away from all personal cards... open only biz cards. Marriott Biz is highly recommended or SPG biz. both have the same bonuses right now.

what is best for vegas? haven't been for a lot of years (pre points/miles)

what is best for vegas? haven't been for a lot of years (pre points/miles)

honestly, for vegas, id just stick with cash since rooms are usually cheaper that way vs points. Try the $20 trick as well for upgrades.
SPG/Marriott, 40k would get you a cosmo room.
UR--> Hyatt, 15k-30k would get your any room at MGM properties.
UR--> IHG, 60k would get u palazzo or Venetian.

edit: are you asking whats the best hotel to stay at? i kinda realized your asking a different question... haha.

Last edited:
Ok folks, I met my CIP min spend and am ready to move on. I am trying to decide btwn SPG biz and Hilton biz. I only really even consider Hilton because we always stay there. However, DH gets lots of points just by staying, and he pays with his CSR b/c we value those UR points. The 100k points just looks appealing though, so I think it is simply distracting me. I was looking at SPG biz because you guys all talk so highly of it. I am happy to diversify our hotel points so we have more options of places to explore besides Hilton properties. Think this is the way to go? Wait to see if offer increases? I'd have no problem meeting a higher spend if it would be worth waiting.

I'm in pretty much this same predicament! We usually stay at Hiltons due to DH having points from work travel, so I want the status. I think the SPG looks more appealing overall though.

DISchurners Announcement!

The Reddit DISchurners group would like to officially welcome our 100th member!

Welcome to the group @tink1970! When I started the group about 4 months ago I never could imagine 100 people joining. Hopefully people are continuing to support one another by using links over there. Thanks everybody who has supported that endeavor thus far, I hope it continues to benefit all the great people here on this thread!!

EDIT: I feel like member 100 should earn something lol, like wow you're special...but we have nothing to offer so this post will have to do, LOL! :D

Oh man! Kids last day of school is 5/18. Was considering a short trip right about then.
I don’t have the pin in my junk mail anyways.

The SPG Biz is a hot topic around here lately because of all the folks trying to get under 5/24. If people weren't worried about 5/24 the SPG Personal is actually the better card option (but it will hit the personal credit report). Are you trying to get back under 5/24 or keep that status low?

I am trying to go slow on chase and keep under 5/24 so I can do a SW CP late this year.

Here now if we run out of gc and need to use a cc I’ll let you know but hoping to not run out :-)
I have gift cards but could save a few for a later date. Especially if it saves waiting in lines. I hate lines.

We leave for WDW a week from Friday! Have fun!
We'll be there 2/28-3/4!
Goodness, all you people that have 15K just sitting around that can park somewhere for 6 months are in a different league than me.

I need to get a new car soon and wondering if this cc hobby will affect me getting a loan?
I opened 12 cards in the past 2 years. Credit score is still excellent. My DH needed a new (pre-owned) car last fall. I ended up applying for the loan thru the dealership with instant approval (they do it online) I then wanted to move the loan to my credit union, so applied for a loan thru them to pay off the first loan. The credit union loan officer said the board did want to know why I opened so many cards. I told her we were traveling more and they were all travel credit cards. She replied 'Oh ok'. Loan approved. My credit score did drop for a few months, what with 2 new loans, but is back to my usual level.

Good news! I did get a $5 bonus plus 2% from Swagbucks on the $50 Disney gift card I bought at Best Buy using a $10 gift card and $40 on my CIP. Will be doing this weekly assuming they continue offering it. Nice to get an extra 12% on top of saving by buying BB gift cards.

ETA: I wish I knew whether you could do this more than once/week. I don't see a restriction.

Last edited:
Great deal! I doubt you can book it through UR since it’s not a sale for all but rather a targeted offer. But I wonder if you could book through Disney and then move the reservation to UR? Of course, depending on how much you have to put as a deposit, that may not be worth it.

Ok, I haven't been keeping up throughout the day so I probably missed the post when @jhoannam booked this, BUT I'll throw my 2 cents in anyway. If the UR travel dept is a travel agent, which they should be since they said they can book anything you see on the Disney site, they should be able to book your reservation using your PIN. We've done PINs with travel agents before, so you should just have to call up the special department and they take it from there. Then since you can pay for those reservations with the UR in theory you should be able to on this as well.

I did it! I couldn't pass up the offer... the girls will miss a week of school - oh well.

And I just saw this, so I did miss the post :teeth: Did you book with Disney or did you call Chase?

Good news! I did get a $5 bonus plus 2% from Swagbucks on the $50 Disney gift card I bought at Best Buy using a $10 gift card and $40 on my CIP. Will be doing this weekly assuming they continue offering it. Nice to get an extra 12% on top of saving by buying BB gift cards.

ETA: I wish I knew whether you could do this more than once/week. I don't see a restriction.

Like you said, there's no restrictions on it so you should be able to do it multiple times. I know shopkick limits how many times in a certain period but I couldn't find any language anywhere that restricted Swagbucks. Unfortunately I haven't bought anything from BB since so I don't have a 2nd data point. But I'm going to try to fix that since on that trip we actually manage to make Elite so we actually earn 1 pt on everything now. (unless we decide to finish our entertainment center in the basement this year AND buy stuff from BB to do it, don't think we'll be keeping it :))

Ok, I haven't been keeping up throughout the day so I probably missed the post when @jhoannam booked this, BUT I'll throw my 2 cents in anyway. If the UR travel dept is a travel agent, which they should be since they said they can book anything you see on the Disney site, they should be able to book your reservation using your PIN. We've done PINs with travel agents before, so you should just have to call up the special department and they take it from there. Then since you can pay for those reservations with the UR in theory you should be able to on this as well.

And I just saw this, so I did miss the post :teeth: Did you book with Disney or did you call Chase?
Definitely could be the case! I’ve never used a pin and just always thought those had to go through Disney but if you booked through a TA, then UR should be able to as well. Still wish I could go at this time. Not only do I dislike not getting to take advantage of a great deal but I need a trip badly!!!

Welcome to the group @tink1970! When I started the group about 4 months ago I never could imagine 100 people joining. Hopefully people are continuing to support one another by using links over there. Thanks everybody who has supported that endeavor thus far, I hope it continues to benefit all the great people here on this thread!!

EDIT: I feel like member 100 should earn something lol, like wow you're special...but we have nothing to offer so this post will have to do, LOL! :D
Yes we do have something only available here on the DIS! pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust: to @tink1970 !

Thanks @SouthFayetteFan! I feel special even if you didn't thrown in any MR :rotfl:

Thanks, too @gottalovepluto :)

Sorry I didn't see this earlier...was knocking out half of my minimum spend from my brand spankin' new PRG!

Last edited:
I'm curious too. I'm trying to calculate a savings percentage just to figure out if Kroger 4x is still the best option for me. Its hard to beat the gas savings at Kroger - esp if you consider that BB could at any time pull the plug on gc to gc transactions.
I was rethinking this. Does it have to be either/or? Can't you buy BB gift cards at Kroger during 4x fuel points then use those with the Swagbucks offer?

My Disney gift cards days are coming to an end and I'm not sure that you can do this more than once per week, but it's an interesting option.

I need to book one night at the MCO Hyatt. Do I do 12,000 or the 6,000 + $75? What the better deal? Cash price is $228+ taxes?

I can’t believe I booked a Disney trip! Another question, we only have the CSP, would it be worth it to transfer it over to Chase travel and pay with points? Or buy Disney gift card using chase pay at Best Buy? Did I miss that Best Buy promo from earlier this week?

I booked with Disney. We only have the CSP so I don’t know if it would be worth it to transfer it over.

I’m so conflicted. I got the PIN code so a trip with dinning and tickets would be mostly covered if I can use UR and I have Southwest points. The timing would work for me since I could go right after my finals. However, my SO just started a job. He has five weeks vacation, but is May too soon to take a week? Also, he wants to use the UR to stay at the Disneyland hotel next year. Decisions decisions.... I also went to Disney twice in 2017 and just got back from Disneyland. I want to try new things, but I really love Disney.

I’m so conflicted. I got the PIN code so a trip with dinning and tickets would be mostly covered if I can use UR and I have Southwest points. The timing would work for me since I could go right after my finals. However, my SO just started a job. He has five weeks vacation, but is May too soon to take a week? Also, he wants to use the UR to stay at the Disneyland hotel next year. Decisions decisions.... I also went to Disney twice in 2017 and just got back from Disneyland. I want to try new things, but I really love Disney.
Fwiw Disneyland Hotel has a high chance of being a "meh" to bad experience from the end of this summer through the next couple years. The construction on the new hotel is supposed to start this summer (last rumor I saw said late summer) so everything from ESPN zone to the monorail line will be demolished and they will build the new hotel there. No one knows exactly how that will affect the guest experience at DLH. The entire project is slated to take 5 years but the first couple years of demo and foundation building and building the skeleton of the building are certainly going to be loud.

Me and my SO were in the same situation as you. We were either going to go back to WDW this year or take a cruise, but we decided to go all out and go to Tokyo this year with a couple nights at/near Tokyo Disney. We've also been to WDW twice within the past 12 months and go to Disneyland even more since we are only a 4 hour drive away in Vegas. We both really love Disney, and we haven't been to any of the overseas parks yet so it seemed like the right choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter