I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got a pin code $69 for all star resorts! 3 night for $235! I wonder if I can book through UR travel!!

I got the same offer. It would be great if I can use UR points. I am going to call tomorrow and find out. I’m not sure if I will even be able to take the time to go, but the deal is hard to pass up. It’s just me and my SO and the All Stars aren’t bad.

I got the offer too lol. I cannot go at that time so not even gonna bother but in your case, I'd check with UR to see if you can either book through them or through Disney and move the reservation to them to pay the remainder with points. What a deal that would be!

I am pretty sure you just book the trip with the deal and then call the Chase Tours Department and give them your reservation number and they can move it to paying with UR's. It just needs to be done within 30 days.

Did the pin code offer just come out this week? I haven't got anything...I seriously think I love Disney but Disney hates me!

You guys are so welcoming!!! And I agree about flyer talk. I've posted over there a couple times and managed to avoid the snark, but I've seen it happen. The level of knowledge of some of the posters is pretty incredible, but it takes me a while to work up to a post.
My only post was out of sheer desperation! Lucky for me, it was a situation so weird they had problems figuring it out. But, they eventually did which is more than the airline was ever able to do, their knowledge really is incredible. Ultimately it came down to a ticket being issued old school instead of electronic- something they hadn't seen in years so no snark (their knowledge was so good they figured it based on codes and ticket numbers and stuff google can't even tell you about)!

I am pretty sure you just book the trip with the deal and then call the Chase Tours Department and give them your reservation number and they can move it to paying with UR's. It just needs to be done within 30 days.

Did the pin code offer just come out this week? I haven't got anything...I seriously think I love Disney but Disney hates me!
Never gotten a pin code either. You are not alone.

I just got the email with the pin code today. Came from 'Disney Destinations'. I've received so many pin codes over the years but never been able to use a single one. I wish they were transferable!

looking for a vegas trip later this year. would like free lodging. what lodgings are available with what points? i need to open a new cc soon for some spend but can not do a chase.

I get a lot of pin codes but I didn't receive this one. ( I just checked all my folders JUST to make sure, lol)

looking for a vegas trip later this year. would like free lodging. what lodgings are available with what points? i need to open a new cc soon for some spend but can not do a chase.

hyatt opens you up to quite a few hotels(MGM properties) on the strip... but they are with chase. im not sure what u mean by "can not do a chase." hyatt card doesnt have the 5/24 rule applied to it. MGM properties have quite costly on points... i think its 30k per night. if you can book the rooms for below $300, then its not worth doing points. do a statement credit would zero out the bill.
Marriott has the top hotel on the strip, cosmo. points its costly though. its like 40k+. hot nights are probably over 80k+
IHG has Venetian and Palazzo. IHG cc is also under chase. no subject to 5/24 though.
SPG has like 3 hotels but they arent too good. Westin is behind linq/flamingo. W/SLS is very north strip so it could be far from the rest of the strip.

only properties i dont think u can do points on are the Caesars properties... im not sure which alliance/affiliation they are part of.

hyatt opens you up to quite a few hotels(MGM properties) on the strip... but they are with chase. im not sure what u mean by "can not do a chase." hyatt card doesnt have the 5/24 rule applied to it. MGM properties have quite costly on points... i think its 30k per night. if you can book the rooms for below $300, then its not worth doing points. do a statement credit would zero out the bill.
Marriott has the top hotel on the strip, cosmo. points its costly though. its like 40k+. hot nights are probably over 80k+
SPG has like 3 hotels but they arent too good. Westin is behind linq/flamingo. W/SLS is very north strip so it could be far from the rest of the strip.

currently at 5/24 and wanting to open southwest next year. so need to stay away from chase :(

Ok folks, I met my CIP min spend and am ready to move on. I am trying to decide btwn SPG biz and Hilton biz. I only really even consider Hilton because we always stay there. However, DH gets lots of points just by staying, and he pays with his CSR b/c we value those UR points. The 100k points just looks appealing though, so I think it is simply distracting me. I was looking at SPG biz because you guys all talk so highly of it. I am happy to diversify our hotel points so we have more options of places to explore besides Hilton properties. Think this is the way to go? Wait to see if offer increases? I'd have no problem meeting a higher spend if it would be worth waiting.

Ok folks, I met my CIP min spend and am ready to move on. I am trying to decide btwn SPG biz and Hilton biz. I only really even consider Hilton because we always stay there. However, DH gets lots of points just by staying, and he pays with his CSR b/c we value those UR points. The 100k points just looks appealing though, so I think it is simply distracting me. I was looking at SPG biz because you guys all talk so highly of it. I am happy to diversify our hotel points so we have more options of places to explore besides Hilton properties. Think this is the way to go? Wait to see if offer increases? I'd have no problem meeting a higher spend if it would be worth waiting.

i suggest SPG because of the versatility. SPG points go to marriott, they also go to 20 different airlines. You have a lot of choices on where to use your SPG points... Hilton other hand... doesnt go much anywhere, or at least when it does, its not worth it. i think it goes to airlines at 1:10? 100k hilton pts = 10k airline miles... vs 1.25 with spg... 20k spg points goes to an airline at 25k.

This is if you dont have a plan with your hilton points... if there is infact a trip you will be blowing all your hilton points, and you need more hilton points, go Hilton first.

I met my CIP minimum spend today (< 2.5 months) having the dog groomed (they did a terrible job--I almost cried). I'm still thinking but am probably going SPG Biz next. Hoping for a better offer but will likely pull the trigger in March.

So I'm finally alive again....LOL. I've been feeling better for a few days, but still a bit foggy and trying to get back in the swing of being back to work. Thanks to everyone for the well wishes. The flu really knocked me on my butt for sure. Going to see the dr for a follow-up this afternoon, just to be sure I'm all in the clear with everything. I have noticed I've developed quite a bit of muscle soreness over the last 2 days, but that may be completely unrelated to the flu. Guess we'll see later today.

It appears DH will finally have to make a phone call to Chase. He's been really good with all things churning over the last several months, but has yet to have to call in himself. Up to this point, we've been able to accomplish pretty much everything via SM. It's time to PC his CSR so I'll be writing everything down for him to call in and get this done. We've decided we'll keep my CSR, but PC his. We don't really have a need for 2. I'm thinking he should PC to a regular Freedom, since neither of us have that card and I'd like to try to maximize the category spend. Here's to hoping the call goes smoothly and he doesn't mess this up.
Hope is goes well with DH/Chase. I'm going to have to ask my DH to make the call in April when the AF comes due on his CSP. I know he's not going to want to pay the AF, but he will probably hate making the call even more, lol!

ETA: Glad you are feeling better!

The SPG Biz is a hot topic around here lately because of all the folks trying to get under 5/24. If people weren't worried about 5/24 the SPG Personal is actually the better card option (but it will hit the personal credit report). Are you trying to get back under 5/24 or keep that status low?

Back on the Biz card topic...it seems that not many people here are interested in AMEX MRs and with AMEX Biz cards up to this point your options are basically 1) MR earning cards (BGR, Biz Plat, Green), 2) SPG Biz, 3) Delta Biz cards. So you can see why the SPG has been a hit. Now the Hilton Biz is a NEW card so we haven't discussed it much. There also is a large perception that Hilton points just aren't worth much (which is pretty true).

The flexibility of AMEX SPG points is fantastic. Obviously they transfer to Marriott at 1:3, Marriott has numerous airline partners & nights and flights packages, SPG has numerous airline partners and nights and flights packages (I believe of some sort).

You bring up diversifying your points and that isn't necessarily a bad decision. I have enjoyed having Hilton, Marriott and IHG points and having choices when traveling somewhere. As far as waiting for a higher offer - this is largely a personal decision. The higher offer on the SPG Biz is a decent offer but I don't think it's a "knock my socks off" offer (10k incremental points for $5k incremental spent). The other thing is nobody truly knows if this increased offer is coming - it's all conjecture, so it may never come.

I'm not sure I answered many questions here, haha - but a lot to think about! Happy to continue to bounce ideas back and forth with you :D

I met my CIP minimum spend today (< 2.5 months) having the dog groomed (they did a terrible job--I almost cried). I'm still thinking but am probably going SPG Biz next. Hoping for a better offer but will likely pull the trigger in March.
SPG Biz is soooo hot right now on these boards, lol! Not surprising as it's a great card :D

I would also go with the SPG biz unless you just really need the Hilton. I am guessing you have plenty of those points though since your dh stays there so much. The Hilton points are just not as valuable overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter