I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetBlue just came out with a 60k...

oh man, its like christmas! :P

I don't think I can pass that one up. We fly JetBlue. For most flights that would be almost two free tickets for a $99 annual fee. I believe that's by far the best offer they've ever had on that one correct? I can't see a reason to jump on that before the deal goes away. I'm thinking there will be an end date to that one...

ETA - We are still relatively knew to the credit card rewards thing. With this particular card (JetBlue Plus) is it one where I would apply and add my wife or is this one where you can refer and get some type of additional bonus? Or will they let us each have our own card(separate accounts) and own bonus but still do the family pooling of points? Not sure if that's hoping for too much (120,000 points for $2,000 in spend on two cards).

Last edited:
I wish JetBlue worked for me. The only place they fly direct from here is Boston. So allllll destinations connect in Boston. Not at all convenient from Minneapolis.

Any Amex BCP people that can help answer this? I was looking at my account cause I knew I was close to $6k spend and wanted to see just how close. Well, in looking, I see I have spent over $6k on the card but only $4700 on groceries. Am I now capped at only earning 1% on the card or do I still have $1300 worth of grocery spend that can earn 6%?

Any Amex BCP people that can help answer this? I was looking at my account cause I knew I was close to $6k spend and wanted to see just how close. Well, in looking, I see I have spent over $6k on the card but only $4700 on groceries. Am I now capped at only earning 1% on the card or do I still have $1300 worth of grocery spend that can earn 6%?

You still have $1300 worth of grocery spend for 6%.

Did you see the Kroger (King Soopers, City Market) digital coupon for VGC? $5 off $50 VGC, up to 5 in a single transaction valid on Sat 11/11 ONLY. The fees are probably $3.95 or $4.95 for that fixed value card. Login to your Kroger loyalty program and load the digital coupon.

Last edited:
You still have $1300 worth of grocery spend for 6%.

Did you see the Kroger (King Soopers, City Market) digital coupon for VGC? $5 off $50 VGC, up to 5 in a single transaction valid on Sat 11/11 ONLY. The fees are probably $3.95 or $4.95 for that fixed value card. Login to your Kroger loyalty program and load the digital coupon.

Thank you! I did see that King Soopers coupon and that is exactly why I went to look and see if I had $250 more I could spend and earn 6% :) Yay! I'll be hitting the store early Saturday morning before these sell out!

Ugh, that JetBlue one is tempting, but JetBlue is really hit or miss for us... JetBlue is the only airline we have that flies direct to MCO now. We got great flights with them this summer (9:00 AM arrival and 6:30 PM return), but the flights are put on random days like Tuesdays, which isn't always conducive to trying to plan a traditional week-long trip.

JetBlue 60k bonus: my entire family can fly to Orlando on JetBlue, direct, for 60k points!

I'm not familiar with using Jetblue points for flights. Should you need to cancel a flight that was booked with points, do you get those points refunded? I'm a SW flier and love to book a flight way early and then move it around if I need to.

I just wanted to pop in and share my latest experience using Chase UR to book a Disney resort. It's not the best use of points, but we decided to try to do spring break on the cheap next year, so we used our UR to book 4 nights at POR (could have done 6 at CBR but I can't deal with that much construction) and pay for 2 nights with our AP discount. I booked the trip via Chase for 2 adults, the confirmation I received immediately linked the reservation to MDE. I was then able to call and the CM at Disney transferred me to wholesale who was able to quickly add our 2 kiddos. It was MUCH easier than the last time we used CUR for Disney. Anyway, now we just have to buy the kids tickets and we are set. 6 nights at WDW for $1200 plus food...I will take it.

Question about personal SPG....I've had this card for a number of years now(and enjoyed many wonderful almost free stays at WDW using it) but now I'm wondering if it's worth keeping anymore. What will I lose if I get rid of it? Can I still transfer points UR-Marr-SPG? can I still purchase points on sale if I want to without it? thanks....

Question about personal SPG....I've had this card for a number of years now(and enjoyed many wonderful almost free stays at WDW using it) but now I'm wondering if it's worth keeping anymore. What will I lose if I get rid of it? Can I still transfer points UR-Marr-SPG? can I still purchase points on sale if I want to without it? thanks....
You'll lose the ability to earn 1 spg point per dollar spent. Those points are worth about $0.027. Whether or not that's worth the annual fee, I'm not sure. I don't know if I'll keep mine past my anniversary. Transferring is contingent on having an SPG account, not an SPG Amex. Not sure on buying points. I haven't done that (but probably should investigate).

what odes the average JB flight cost to MCO on points? I've flown SWA for so long I don't know what 60k points might be worth

Totally depends on where you're flying from and what time of year you're flying. At Christmas time, the cheapest round trip from Richmond, VA to MCO is 50,000 points right now. Flying to MCO in May would cost about 18,000 points.

JetBlue 60k bonus: my entire family can fly to Orlando on JetBlue, direct, for 60k points!

If you were still looking at first class, the Jetblue mint's hard product comes close to many international airlines. it might be worth trying that out. soft product looks a bit the same though.

what odes the average JB flight cost to MCO on points? I've flown SWA for so long I don't know what 60k points might be worth

JB flights look like SW. i just checked JB and i can fly to MCO at 11,200 points. cash value is $129 though so its $.01 per point. I think JB points are easily earned. for example Amazon purchases are 3 points per $1. although i have not yet received any points from it yet. :\

like what previous said, you lose your ability to earn easily. you will lose your easy status as well. I also dont plan on keeping my personal SPG but i do plan on keeping the business SPG as that has one extra benefit than the personal. as for UR--> Marriott --> SPG, you lose a crapload of value to it. from Marriott to SPG is 1:3 so basically for every 3 UR points = 1 SPG point. its not worth it. id probably stick with Hyatt instead. I believe point purchases are with SPG themselves but you do lose out an on extra 2x points using the Amex SPG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter