I wish they would bring back...

JC1984

DisDad #875
Alright probably a thread that has been posted before but what is one thing do you wish they would bring back to DLR (can be anything)? I will start it off. The one thing I wish they would bring back is the original Star Tours! While I understand their desire to update the attraction I wish they would of left one of the Star Speeders with the original film. Maybe remastered it and changed it to 3D? Heck, I would be fine with the original film. Just miss it so much and sad my kids will never to experience it. I remember the script by heart and I put it on YouTube for my kids and throw them in the laundry basket and move it around to the attraction. One of the best attractions ever IMO.

Mods I think I should of posted this in DL community thread if you want to move it! Sorry!

This is a fun thread! I wish they would bring back something similar to the Big Thunder Mountain Ranch area. I love Star Wars Land, but I also miss a quiet area in the park where you could sit back and watch farm animals lol

Innoventions is another one. I remember years ago there being a game show (maybe Jeopardy?) that I got to participate in when I was like 10 years old or so. The interactive house was really neat to go through.

Last edited:
I also miss the Laughing Stock Co. show in the Golden Horseshoe!! Our family loved going there for lunch and watching each skit. In fact, more often than not I would get chosen to be the banker girl in the show. My family always got a kick out of that, especially because we would often sit in the middle and back where I didn't even know they could see us :laughing:

One of the things I miss is the saloon show that they had at the Golden Horseshoe. I loved the original one with Pecos Bill, but I think the second version had more audience participation. That was such a fun show to watch.

The Tahitian Terrace! We loved it. But I realize with the crowds now that they probably aren't looking to encourage people to stay in one place that long.

Bugs Land. We loved the theming of the area even pre-kids And always went on the rides. My daughter's favorite ride was Heimlich's. We went before it closed and I took a full ride video for us to remember it.

I agree with Tahitian Terrace. My mom took me for dinner and a show when I was 12 and 30 years later I still look at my old photos from the show and wish I could take my husband and daughter.

Absolutely the PeopleMover hands down! I am not sure where this took place but I know for years there was a Christmas cookie decorating area (maybe near Big Thunder ranch)? I THINK some characters in Christmas dress were present for meet and greets along with Santa? By the time I heard about this it was being phased out but sure sounded fun.

I know there has been talk of character cavalcades (I think this might be more prominent at WDW--I've never been there) Those sound like such fun. I'd love to see one at DL.

I do love the Winnie the Pooh ride (would love to see it extended and updated) but I do have fond memories of the Country Bears! Maybe they could somehow be incorporated into a new attraction.

All great ideas folks! I definitely agree with Country Bears and People Mover (Probably the entire Tomorrowland before the revamp that brought Rocket Rods and Dicks Dale’s Space Mountain. The rockets were way better when they were so high). I miss Big Thunder BBQ too. How about Mission to Mars?

The Aladdin show.
The original Soarin Over California permanently
In a year, maybe less, I will go with Splash Mountain
The petting zoo

Having grown up with WDW, I wish they could bring back If You Had Wings for just a bit. It was a childhood favorite.

Also I wish they would bring back the WestCot plans and put DCA out of its misery.

I agree with what everyone has posted - especially the Peoplemover. I’m going to go the food route. In February 2019 I had the most amazing funnel cake with cheesecake pieces, strawberries and whipped cream. I still dream about that thing! 😋

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter