• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I wish they would bring back...

I miss the way the attic was in The Haunted Mansion before the black-widow-bride revamp and feel they never should have changed it. I feel that it was a genuinely scary room to go through and that The Haunted Mansion ought to have a full-on scary room like it did. The old bride was creepy in a less-is-more way, and let the imagination fill in the blanks, and the ghouls that would pop out loudly screaming "I do!" (then giggling as they slinked back down) from various attic objects gave shocking jump-scares. I try to console myself seeing the positive in that the revamp is creative and morbidly creepy with the grooms' heads disappearing from the paintings, and the fact that the graveyard still has ghouls that pop out.

I realize that this is a very unpopular opinion but I was a fan of the very short-lived Rocket Rods. I feel like the technology it implemented wound up being over-ambitious for 1998 hence the constant breakdowns, but now would be very possible. If it returned I would like to see it have some more developed theming, though, as that aspect came across very random. Partially it was self-explanatory, a futuristic car speeding along an elevated highway, but still it came across random in a way as it would speed through dark rooms without any theming. I thought it was great fun, though, and felt thrilling. Personally I'd rather see an improved Rocket Rods return over People Mover.

I was a fan of the Country Bears and am personally not a big fan of the Winnie the Pooh ride. I also feel that Country Bears was much more fitting to Critter Country whereas I feel the Winnie the Pooh ride feels out-of-place there. In many ways Critter Country is a spiritual extension of Frontierland, with Splash Mountain, Hungry Bear Restaurant, and Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes, but I can't help but feel the Hundred-Acre-Wood doesn't really fit. I suppose it should seem fitting to me since it's a forest with animals, though. I also appreciated how the Country Bear Jamboree was distinct from the one in DW, and I loved the scene with the bears on the beach singing "I wish they all could be California bears."

I realize that this is a very unpopular opinion but I was a fan of the very short-lived Rocket Rods. I feel like the technology it implemented wound up being over-ambitious for 1998 hence the constant breakdowns, but now would be very possible. If it returned I would like to see it have some more developed theming, though, as that aspect came across very random. Partially it was self-explanatory, a futuristic car speeding along an elevated highway, but still it came across random in a way as it would speed through dark rooms without any theming. I thought it was great fun, though, and felt thrilling. Personally I'd rather see an improved Rocket Rods return over People Mover.
Why I like the original TL. I liked the Rocket Rods as well even though I didn’t like the 1998 revamp. I would get behind a semi rocket rods attraction but on TRON light cycles on the people mover track. I think that could be awesome!

The Aladdin show.
The original Soarin Over California permanently
In a year, maybe less, I will go with Splash Mountain
The petting zoo

Having grown up with WDW, I wish they could bring back If You Had Wings for just a bit. It was a childhood favorite.
I loved If You Had Wings! Yes! And of course, Soarin Over California with that lovely orange grove scent...mmmmmmm

But first and foremost...PeopleMover. Each time I visited the park since it closed, I look up and remember the lovely feeling of just relaxing and being whooshed throughout Tomorrowland.

I think the Pooh ride just needs to be made cuter, more fun! It should feel like a visit into the 100 Acre Wood as opposed to right now a darker/odd jump into a storm/dream sequence. I just like the honeycomb cars and the idea of it probably much more than the actual ride itself.

I never had a funnel cake so that sounds interesting. For food treats, I vote the old pink cotton candy carts! Fresh spun then and there cotton candy not the pre packaged yucky (to me) already in the bag kind.

I think the Pooh ride just needs to be made cuter, more fun! It should feel like a visit into the 100 Acre Wood as opposed to right now a darker/odd jump into a storm/dream sequence. I just like the honeycomb cars and the idea of it probably much more than the actual ride itself.

I never had a funnel cake so that sounds interesting. For food treats, I vote the old pink cotton candy carts! Fresh spun then and there cotton candy not the pre packaged yucky (to me) already in the bag kind.
The Pooh ride can stay but they need to still bring Country Bears back.

I agree Pooh needs to stay for sure! I just would love to see it re-imagined/expanded. Definitely bring back the Country Bears as well!

I really love the people mover, but I did have a soft spot for Rocket Rods as well and you can only really pick one of the two.. so I'd be okay if they ever brought one of those back. I miss Paint the Night as well.

I never got to ride Rocket Rods. the couple of times I was in Disneyland during the short time it was there, the lines were too long or it was down for repairs.

Only seen Paint the Night on YouTube but can it really be better than MSEP?

Agree on Peoplemover and I liked the Aladdin DINNER show from way back in Adventureland (dating myself here- but it was so special!).

Paint the night is more modern with better technology so that it really is something amazing visually. I really enjoy that parade a lot. What MSEP has is nostalgia which often can't be beat. It reminds me of wonderful, happy times in my own childhood and those of my children. That is why when it does show at DLR, I go as often as I can.

Paint the night is more modern with better technology so that it really is something amazing visually. I really enjoy that parade a lot. What MSEP has is nostalgia which often can't be beat. It reminds me of wonderful, happy times in my own childhood and those of my children. That is why when it does show at DLR, I go as often as I can.
That is how I feel. I will never forget MSEP as a child and remember when it went away the first time the very last night it was in the park how crowded it was and I remember being on the Matterhorn as it was going down the parade route one last time. PTN may be better I have yet to witness it in person.

I too have strong nostalgia ties to MSEP- I went to that special hard ticket "premier" event a few years ago when they brought it back and everything. I really do love it. But honestly if I had to pick to bring back one or the other, I'd go with PTN. I feel a little heretical even saying that but PTN is beautiful, high energy fun with another great soundtrack. For sure a "next generation" MSEP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter