Idea for Guest of Honor badges

hipporina

<font color=teal>I keep Kleenex in business</font>
I really want to get my kids guest of honor badges to put in their surprise boxes that we will give them on the way to WDW. The problem is that the only ways I have found to get them are through Gifts of a Lifetime or eBay, and whichever way you go, you end up spending about 3 times the cost of the badge in the parks.

Here's my idea, and maybe it is a little crazy. What we can do is pick them up for each other when we go. So, if there is anyone going in the next week or so and is willing to do it, I could send them the money for the badges and shipping and they could pick them up and mail them to me. Then when I go I would return the favor to someone going after me who wants some.

So what do ya'll think? Is that a crazy idea? I would love to hear any opinions on it or other ideas for might have.

Kristy

.... and I've got somebody getting one for me next month. Be happy to return the favour for anyone in the UK who wants one after October :D

I will be at DD on Friday night for dinner with some friends. We are also going to Disney in June (and maybe before that). When do you need to badges? I could get them for you!

Thanks for all the responses! Lisa, I will PM you about it since it appears that you will be there soonest! If anybody needs me to get some for them we will be there May 18-23. Just let me know!

This is exactly how myself, DW and DD got ours. And I was just thinking of posting and asking if anyone would be willing to pick me one up for DS before we go in July.

I'd love to get in on this too! I'd like to put a gift bag together for my two kids and I'd be happy to return the favor when we are there in June. :teeth:

TracyL...this is totally off topic, but thanks for the link about the care packages!! I am ready to send out 2 of them (that my cub scout dens put together) to my neighbor's son and grandson who are both serving in Iraq...I would've done it totally wrong according to ur link (even tho it talks about sending them from UK, I'm sure the tips are valid from the US also about packing and weight and stuff)...Thanks again and I'm glad your honey is safe! Thank him for me!!

Glad you found it useful :D Some of the content is based on information from the American Military Pride website so it certainly is valid to both countries (you can find a link to it from my site).

pleakley, if you want me to pick them up for you, pm me and let me know. Also, when are you going in June? I wont be home until May 26th and I dont want to cut it too close.

Kristy

Hi Hipporina,
I sent you a pm, hoping you can pick up 2 GOH pins for me.
Thanks,
Sue

I've picked up GOH badges for diser's before, and I'm willling to do it again! :) The bad news, is that I won't be going to WDW until Nov/Dec... :(

How much are the GOH Badges at DTD & at Gifts of a lifetime? Can you order that stuff directly from DW? Thanks!

Hipporina,

Wondering if you'd be willing to get one more on your trip....sent you a pm.

Thanks.

Originally posted by disneyfan551
I've picked up GOH badges for diser's before, and I'm willling to do it again! :) The bad news, is that I won't be going to WDW until Nov/Dec... :(

Now just who did you get GOH badges for?:p

...gee, let me think...:confused: it was for 3 new dis friends. and I think it was for ratpack and company!! ;) too bad i can't get the baby his first goh badge!!

Well if anyone is going between now and October 3rd I would love 3 GOH badges ahead of time! I can do paypal or check! Steph mom to Sam 6, Megan 4, Grace 2 and #4 25w1d

If anyone needs me to pick one up, I'd be happy to on our trip on May 17th. We'll be back on the 19th and I can ship them out on the 20th. I don't know what they cost though? If you need me to do something, just PM me-thanks!

dahess--I know that through gifts of a lifetime they are a flat fee but the shipping is high so that is not really worth it if you can find someone else to get them for you. If you want other things, though, it is a great place to go. I don't believe they can purchased thru WDW merhchandising either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter