• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If all Resort Points cost the same which resort would you buy and why

Riveria easiest to Star Wars and Epcot. Drinking around the world with a easy skyliner ride home.

Actually, BWV is the easiest resort to get to both EPCOT and DHS. I timed walking from BWV to both park entrances, vs taking the skyliner from Riviera and walking was faster in both cases. You also don't need to worry about your feet being shut off in stormy weather or high winds. :)

Easier for me is not time alone, it is effort. Sitting in a skyliner after drinking in Star Wars land or around Epcot is way easier then trying to walk. I only have one decision to make= is this my stop. If I’m wrong I just go around again and sober up on the way. The skyliner is drunk proof. Walking to a resort has much more choices to get wrong.😜

Easier for me is not time alone, it is effort. Sitting in a skyliner after drinking in Star Wars land or around Epcot is way easier then trying to walk. I only have one decision to make= is this my stop. If I’m wrong I just go around again and sober up on the way. The skyliner is drunk proof. Walking to a resort has much more choices to get wrong.😜

If you are on the far end of Riviera you would already be half way or further to Epcot. Oh and you would have already had the option to jump on a boat if one came.

People seem to forget the friendship boats are a thing. Epcot is perfectly positioned to get the last stop to Epcot or HS (walk to Swan/Dolphin instead of the BW boatstop).

An extra 400 meters (1/4 mile) on a Disney day of walking 8-9-10+ miles isnt anything to write home about and I still have the boat option. The whole walk from the farthest reaches of BWV to Epcot is likely netting you a 1/2 mile while the farthest walk from Riviera just to the Skyliner is roughly just over 1/4 mile if I remeber correctly.

I like the way you think, and I have yet to ride the skyliner, but I would be afraid of having to #1 if I missed my stop and was subjected to another round-a-bout on the line. Especially with any downtime or frequent stops! Of course I'd have to be really sauced up for this to be a reality and usually Disney booze prices keep me in check :rotfl:

Haven't stayed at all the resort's so tough call. I have stayed at many and the only one I would never buy or even take for free is SSR I'd stay off property first.
My favorite is Poly but I do own there the biggest reason is when my kids were young we would stay there a lot and it has a lot of memories to go with it. Not the best answer but it would be the place I would buy first if I didn't own just for memories because those alone are worth more than anything Disney has to offer.

If we were to ever buy one more resort (currently BLT/BWV owners), it would be Poly.

We wouldn’t mind being stuck at BWV/BLT/Poly... ever.

If I HAD to choose one of the three above resorts, then I choose BWV.

My only issue with BWV is its 2042 end date....

Does anyone remembered 2010-2011 when no one wanted BWV bc it had one of the highest maintenance fees?? How things have changed....

I think price and contract length would need to be the same for this to be fair. VGF or Poly would probably be my top for price with current contract lengths. But if they were all starting at 50 years, I would probably choose BWV or BCV.

I think price and contract length would need to be the same for this to be fair. VGF or Poly would probably be my top for price with current contract lengths. But if they were all starting at 50 years, I would probably choose BWV or BCV.

OR if everyone's age was the same. That's another one of those strange factors. We own BWV, but we are in our mid 50s and have owned for 20 years. Our kids are grown. I'd buy BWV again in a heartbeat.

There really is no way to even out all the variables for the masses. From a true value standpoint, ignoring individual preferences, it's general demand of the resort as well as unit types, cost, dues and the like. There are ways to adjust for these factors to a degree currently but not a standardized way to do so. The market forces are doing that on price. If one started from scratch at all the same price, you'd still have to adjust the points to even out demand and of course we don't have the data to do so completely since DVCMC doesn't release it. IMO the RTU is one of the smallest factors even for those younger. The end years haves far less value than the one's that are closer. It's still a factor to consider but IMO it's more of a minor $$$ factor than a deal breaker.

OR if everyone's age was the same. That's another one of those strange factors. We own BWV, but we are in our mid 50s and have owned for 20 years. Our kids are grown. I'd buy BWV again in a heartbeat.

Even when you're young 20 years is a long time to own a contract, who needs the full 50. By the time 2042 rolls around who knows if I'll either have moved down to Orlando or if the borders between my state and Florida will be closed again!

Hard to pick 1 I honestly really love all the resorts except for OKW and that is only because they do not have elevators otherwise the resort itself is beautiful

Even when you're young 20 years is a long time to own a contract, who needs the full 50. By the time 2042 rolls around who knows if I'll either have moved down to Orlando or if the borders between my state and Florida will be closed again!

I have actually met a lot of Florida residents who are DVC owners. I have some cousins who moved to Florida from MA and are still DVC owners as well.

All things being equal, by that I mean maintenance dues cost the same also, I would choose Polynesian, primarily because I just like the decor and having the monorail to use. 2nd choice would be OKW, larger rooms and again the decor is great and parking near the front door. 3rd choice would be AKL

My family is all about the food and ambiance of a resort. For those reasons, POLY would be our number one, with AKL close behind as 2nd, and BRV/CCV 3rd. BWV and BCV would be really low because their quick service blows. I also don't dig the theming of either as a whole (obviously SAB is fun and the clown slide is good). We thought the food selection at RR was nice but the property as a whole has done nothing for us.....seems like a lot of rooms and a bland/small pool. Staying at OKW for first time this November. Love the QS choices at SSR and since I'm a runner, I love the grounds. We also like all the pools there and lots of other activities like pool table, tennis, etc. Walking distance to DS is amazing. The only thing we do not like about SSR is that it is the headquarters of DVC. Not a fan of all the space that takes up and all the vans around the Springs area. Would be nice if they had that in a separate facility and maybe use that space for something else.....maybe wedding venues. BLT is bland and my husband thinks GFV is stiff feeling (I personally like it)

Bowardwalk! Love the theme (though I wouldn't mind if they updated the pool area... not the clown specifically, just feel like many other resort pools are nicer), the entertainment on the Boardwalk at night, the increased food options at BC/YC and Swan/Dolphin, and the ability to walk to two parks.

Poly is a close second for the theme/relaxing vibe, the monorail to MK/Epcot, and the ability to walk to GF. I do also love Copper Creek, but wish they'd build a walking path to MK.

We currently have all our points at BW, we love the BW resort and it's pretty much the only resort my DH wants to stay at. That being said if I could have another 100 points I would either get them at the BW or BLT and I would want the same use year that I currently have for all my other contracts.

I like BLT for it's location to MK and all the dinning options in the MK area. I also like the theming at BLT, it's so different from my everyday environment. I could see using those 100 points every other year for longer stays or just a few days at the beginning of our annual trip to WDW. While there I would concentrating my time on the MK area. Once I moved to BW I wouldn't have to go back to the MK area since I would have done all I wanted to do during the first couple of days. BLT would also give me easy access to Top of the World Lounge, nice place to visit but not real convenient when staying at BW.

Thank you, the economics are not an issue, its just that we just booked a 4 night vacation at The Grand Floridan, which is our favorite. I looked at what we were paying for the 4 nights and said to myself if I buy at the VGF, the money would be the same as if I booked the same trip over the next 4-5 years (and thats saying they don't raise prices). We love Disney and usually go once a year, so I figured for the initial cost outlay and the annual dues, if I go every year for the next 10 years or so (which of course life can change) which Im sure we would economically it makes sense. Am I looking at this correctly?
Grand Floridian is probably our favorite too. That is pretty much how we looked at it when our kids were very little (bought in 2017 after thinking about it and renting points in 2015 and 2016).

BCV has storm a long bay which is an amazing pool. Its almost too big to an extent as with two kids its a two person job keeping track of them at that place lol.
My kids are now 4 and 8 and finally can swim, but last time we were at SAB, they were 6 and just under 2, and it was NOT fun at all! The 6 yo deemed the big slide too scary, so she had to go across the walkway for the smaller slide, while the 2yo liked walking along the sandy bottom in chest deep water and letting herself fall over. NOT a relaxing pool day. And the big ship slide is still too scary for the little one. Some day ....

The skyliner is drunk proof.
I have not tried this, but I could see looking at the open door and thinking about jumping out (esp at Riviera) and deciding, "aw heck, I'll take another loop and see if it feels slower next time I come around..." 🤣

Maybe a better question would be: if you won ownership of 100 points at any resort, which resort would you pick?
We already own BLT, RIV and VGF. If I already owned what I own, I would pick 100 points at VGC. If we are limited to WDW, I would probably pick CCV to get some home resort priority there for Christmas. If I didn't own any DVC at all, I'd pick VGF because Christmas (and Easter) there are amazing, and you need home resort priority to stay there over Xmas as well, and the studios are larger than CCV, and soon you'll be able to walk to MK and Poly. (We bought BLT for the size of its rooms and walking to MK).

I'll look at it as if I owned nothing and was given 100 pts. VGC

If it was 100 free points at a WDW resort and I didn't own any that's more difficult. I think I'd choose VGF but it would be close with BWV or maybe BCV as walking to Epcot is very nice. I really do have things I like about every resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter