If arriving about 4-5 pm for BLT, do i check in at BLT or Cont or does it matter?

Disneyfun1

Walt Disney World Lover-DVC Owner Since 1/07
We are scheduled to land at 330 pm in orlando. once we take magical express, we will probably arrive between 4-5. Do we now check in at BLT lobby directly, or do we still check in at the Contemporary, or does it matter?

You will find Bell Services at BLT to help you load and unload your vehicle, plus help you get your stuff to your villa.

Magical Express stops only at the CR so you will check in there.

Guests who are not using Magical Express can check in at BLT. The check-in desk there is open until 10pm or so, can't remember the exact time they close. As Deb & Bill said, there will be someone there with a cart to take your luggage and bring it up to your room.

Magical Express stops only at the CR so you will check in there.

Guests who are not using Magical Express can check in at BLT. The check-in desk there is open until 10pm or so, can't remember the exact time they close. As Deb & Bill said, there will be someone there with a cart to take your luggage and bring it up to your room.

When did this change, during our April stay Bell Services was only at the Contemporary and they had to call for someone and they had us wait in the BLT lobby until he got there?

:earsboy: Bill

When did this change, during our April stay Bell Services was only at the Contemporary and they had to call for someone and they had us wait in the BLT lobby until he got there?

When we were there in March, Bell Services had to be called from the Contemp, but as our stay progressed it appeared that at certain times they were more available in the lobby area and at the entrance of BLT.

When we pulled up to unload our car there was a guy standing outside BLT with a luggage cart. I guess we were just lucky that he happened to be there when we pulled up. He unloaded our car and we went inside to check in. Our room was ready and he brought our bags up to the room.
Since this was our first stay at BLT, I didn't realize that was not the norm.

As you said, there is no Bell desk and no luggage storage at BLT so if there is no one there when a guest arrives, I guess they call over to the CR.

I stayed at BLT last early March and there was usually a bellman at the entrance there during the day.

As far as bell services go, what if you've made a rather large grocery run? Do they have large plastic bins to put the food in, to make it easier to put it on the cart to help bring to the room? I know at our timeshare (Marriott's Ko Olina) that's what they do.

I'm thinking of renting from an owner at BLT (if I can work in the budget; it's twice the Marriott I have booked but the convenience would be nice, and it would be fun to try a new resort). We would go to the grocery store for breakfast food and drinks, lunch things, etc...

We had approximately 20 bags of groceries delivered to OKW and the bellman carried all 20, plus ten suitcases up two flights of stairs to our GV. He got a great tip...when our stroller arrived with the gate and stool for the little ones he brought them right over and refused a second tip. Gotta love Disney. We gave him our extra bottle of wine when we departed! :cool1:

As far as bell services go, what if you've made a rather large grocery run? Do they have large plastic bins to put the food in, to make it easier to put it on the cart to help bring to the room? I know at our timeshare (Marriott's Ko Olina) that's what they do.

I'm thinking of renting from an owner at BLT (if I can work in the budget; it's twice the Marriott I have booked but the convenience would be nice, and it would be fun to try a new resort). We would go to the grocery store for breakfast food and drinks, lunch things, etc...

Guest aren't allowed to use the carts if that is what you are thinking about. Just have Bell Services move your stuff.

I've never seen any bins. The carts have hooks so they hang up the lighter weight grocery bags and stack up the heavier items on the base of the cart. I tie all the grocery bags shut so that there's no chance items will fall out during their ride on the cart. I hand carry bags containing anything fragile (bananas for example).

Nope, that's why I have my own little cart that I use.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter