If you focus on what you left behind, you will never be able to see what lies ahead

Anyone have any ideas as to why the runDisney web site has updated to introduce the 2017 dates for Tink, and NOT the Star Wars Dark Side?

well it sure is sweet! I bet the kids would love it! Maybe you can get away with one rack for the whole slew of 'em...hahaha you each get ONE HOOK!

Sport Hooks are great and you can order them direct from their website. I have 2 sets, 1 for Disney races and 1 for the local races. Another nice thing about them is that they are "expandable". You can get 2nd and 3rd "rows" to mount below the main rack that have offset hooks so the medals hang nicely together.

Fantastic race recap and congratulations on a great finish!!! After reading a few of these Tink recaps, I'm getting more and more excited at the prospect of doing my first DL race and I think Tink sounds like the perfect one to do.

So sorry you ended up getting sick and hope you are feeling better.

I love your medal rack and especially with it adorned with all those awesome medals!!!

Fantastic race recap and congratulations on a great finish!!! After reading a few of these Tink recaps, I'm getting more and more excited at the prospect of doing my first DL race and I think Tink sounds like the perfect one to do.

So sorry you ended up getting sick and hope you are feeling better.

I love your medal rack and especially with it adorned with all those awesome medals!!!

Thanks! You should totally do Tink, we had an amazing time! I hope they don't retheme it (even though I am not a huge fan of Tink) because I think that the fact it didn't sell out made a less congested course and from the sounds of it the people who came didn't come because it was Tink but because they love to run(at least runDisney). Everyone was super friendly and I felt like it was the opposite of Princess weekend.

I am feeling much better, but the cold is still lingering! I have my calendars in front of me now trying to plan my training for the summer and I hope to get in a short run this evening.

Finally I can give a running update!

I am still sick but at least my lungs don't hurt any more. I don't know where this cold came from but it seriously needs to leave.

I got my summer running schedule all in order and am excited to start running more. For the next couple of weeks I will be running mostly very short runs but jumping from 3 days a week to 5.

I started this past Tuesday with a mile. I was very ambitious and just tried to run as fast as I could. Wow was that a mistake. According to the Strava app I was in 8/9 min a mile range for the first 3 minutes. That was just way to hard so I started intervals. I am trying to get away from intervals (I guess). I ended with a 12:12 mile and that was pretty good but I felt terrible. I know I have to come up with a better plan to improve time instead of just run as fast as you can LOL. I was thinking of doing intervals for speed work like 3 minutes regular pace and then 1 minute of pushing myself a little bit harder.

Wednesday I went out for 2 miles with DS9. We had a good run, I did take it easy with him and we did intervals of 3:1. Our average pace ended up being 12:58. I loved the one on one time with Liam and it helped me to not worry so much about the run.

Thursday was another 1 mile run. I did much better than Tuesday. I tried to take it easy and run it without intervals. I was able to accomplish that goal and my pace was 11:24. Not too bad! I can definitely see improvement.

For the upcoming weekend the plan is rest tonight, Saturday 5 miles, Epcot Sunday and then 2 miles Monday.

Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend!!

Hooray for getting back out and running and that you are finally feeling better. Glad you got a chance to run with your son. I bet he enjoyed that too. Have a great weekend!

Due to the sickness that never wants to end we only got in the 5 mile run this weekend. The highlight of the run was we stopped for new shoes beforehand and they were having a sale so I saved $50! I am trying Asics this time since DH is always raving about them. My old shoes are Brooks launch 2s and they started to feel uneven so it was time for new shoes.
shoes.jpg
I hope to keep track of my miles on these, I am so bad about that.

The bad part of the run was it was so hot and humid. When we started running last year we only knew running in the heat and I didn't understand when people complained about humidity. Boy do I get it now! This run really took it's toll on me, we walked way more than I wanted. But we got in the 5 miles and that's all that matters.

My plan called for running Saturday and Sunday but since we were going to Epcot on Sunday I moved it to Monday. Well we walked so much Sunday and the cold brought on a sore throat so I thought it was better to rest Monday. I was suppose to run a mile yesterday but the medication I am on is making me so nauseous.:crazy2: Seriously this sickness needs to end so I can get back to normal!

I have a question. Since the running shoes I presently have are the first REAL pair that I ever bought myself, I of course also got the inserts. The running shoes are New Balance. I got them last Oct/Nov but haven't put a lot of miles on them. Should I however, get new inserts if that's at all possible?

I have a question. Since the running shoes I presently have are the first REAL pair that I ever bought myself, I of course also got the inserts. The running shoes are New Balance. I got them last Oct/Nov but haven't put a lot of miles on them. Should I however, get new inserts if that's at all possible?
I'm not sure about inserts do you have a running store that could give you recommendations? Most local running store are happy to help.

Here is my weekly update

Wed. 6/1- 2 miles with DH and DS9(Liam) total time 26:09
Thurs. 6/2- 1 mile 12:20
Fri. 6/3- 1 mile with DS 9 11:51

Saturday I took DS 9 to WDW, we had such a great day just the two of us! (he just discovered the peace sign LOL:hippie:)

Sunday 6/5- 6 miles with DH, this was a rough run. We tried to wait until it was cooler and then a thunderstorm came. We really had to get this run in so we waited for the lightning to stop and went out in the rain. It was already 7pm so we ended up running half of it in the dark. Our pace was 13:46. I am so disappointed with this pace, every time I think I am getting faster I feel like I start to slide back. I hope it is just the heat and humidity.

Mon. 6/6 REST
Tues. 6/7 1 mile 11:47
Wed. 6/8 2 miles 25:58

I am suppose to run 1 mile today but my legs felt so heavy during yesterday's run. Then this morning when I woke up my legs felt sore. So I think I am going to take today off. This Saturday I am running the Run for the Pies 5k and it will be Liam's first 5k!!

Last edited:
Alright guys I might have a problem. I think I have become a full blown runDisney addict!!! I just signed up for the Dumbo Double Dare! I found a sale and I just couldn't resist. I am excited to have a new goal. I know Goofy should have been good enough but it just seemed so far away. Now with DDD being at the end of summer I have a good motivator to get me to the start of official Goofy training.

This past week's training has been interesting with the heat. I have been trying to go out later in the day. I think I might have to start getting up early to run. I hate waking up so that is going to be hard!!
Here is the run down of the past week:

Fri. 10th- rest day before the race
Sat. 11th- Run for the pies 5k- A nice race but soooo hot!! DH, DS9 and I had a great time. We also let DS9 in on our post race secret. We always eat at this amazing place called Maple Street Biscuits. It really has the best food ever!

Sun 12th- Cross trained with a new Jillian Michaels' video Extreme Shed & Shred
Mon. 13th- Rest
Tues. 14th- 1.5 miles 19:24
Wed. 15th- 2.5 miles w/ DH 34:09

I am hopefully doing 1.5 tonight, we will see what time DH gets home from having the car serviced. This weekend we are headed to St. Pete to hang out with friends and then next week we are off to VA for 3 weeks. That should be interesting running, my parents live on a mountain. So I am going from no hills to mountains!

Last edited:
Those medals and the pie bibs are so cool. And yay for sparkly skirts! I always look for excuses to wear mine.
If I ever ran that race I would have to pre-buy a pie slice from the grocery store and bring it with me for afterwards because I doubt I'd ever be fast enough to win one.

Happy Mountain running to you :)

Here is my weekly(ish) update:

6/16- 1.5 miles 16:43- it had just rained, the humidity was low and it was nice and cool out. I set a new PR for a mile (10:31) now I only need to maintain it for 12 more miles :rotfl:

6/17- rest
6/18- 2 miles 25:10- the morning before we left :crazy2: I hate morning runs I feel like my body is just not awake yet
6/19- 7 miles 1:37:00- this was the first time I have done back to back runs with a long run. It was also the longest run I have done alone. Since we were in St. Pete I got to take advantage of running at Sawgrass Park. It was an awesome place for a run, I saw lots of birds and even a couple baby alligators. The path is a raised boardwalk with rails so no danger.

6/20- rest
6/21- I was suppose to get up and run 1.5 miles before we left for Virginia but I got lazy :( so it was an extra rest day.
6/22-2.5 miles 34:07- My parents live on a mountain so this run was interesting. According to Strava I climbed 306 ft. The roads are gravel and it was killing me. Running on gravel I feel like is the worst! I did do 1/2 mile on a paved road going down the mountain and that was awesome, I felt like I was flying.
6/23- 1.5 miles 20:30- I decided to do this one on the treadmill. My legs were a little sore after yesterday and I didn't want to over do it.

Here is my weekly(ish) update:

6/16- 1.5 miles 16:43- it had just rained, the humidity was low and it was nice and cool out. I set a new PR for a mile (10:31) now I only need to maintain it for 12 more miles :rotfl:

6/17- rest
6/18- 2 miles 25:10- the morning before we left :crazy2: I hate morning runs I feel like my body is just not awake yet
6/19- 7 miles 1:37:00- this was the first time I have done back to back runs with a long run. It was also the longest run I have done alone. Since we were in St. Pete I got to take advantage of running at Sawgrass Park. It was an awesome place for a run, I saw lots of birds and even a couple baby alligators. The path is a raised boardwalk with rails so no danger.

6/20- rest
6/21- I was suppose to get up and run 1.5 miles before we left for Virginia but I got lazy :( so it was an extra rest day.
6/22-2.5 miles 34:07- My parents live on a mountain so this run was interesting. According to Strava I climbed 306 ft. The roads are gravel and it was killing me. Running on gravel I feel like is the worst! I did do 1/2 mile on a paved road going down the mountain and that was awesome, I felt like I was flying.
6/23- 1.5 miles 20:30- I decided to do this one on the treadmill. My legs were a little sore after yesterday and I didn't want to over do it.

7 miles in 1:37! awesome! That's a good pace for this point, I'd say :)...esp. with it being summer and not pushing TOO hard yet. How's the incline running going?? I saw my podiatrist today and he was a little cold until I mentioned I injured my foot in a runDisney event...then he was all happy, asking what costume I wore (because OF COURSE I had a costume, right?), what theme the race was, etc. He told me he didn't know what one he'd done, some half marathon. His wife did the challenge "thingy"...with a 1/2 then a full. I said, well, that sounds like the Goofy. It was like all Disney talk after that. I had to actually bring him back to the subject of my foot!!:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter