If you had to pick a time in the past

I was going to say this, but felt a little embarrassed. I LOVE Little House on the Prairie and would love to go back to that time and meet Laura Ingalls. How cool would that be? The downfall is, well...I like toilet paper. A lot!

I like indoor plumbing . A Lot!
And I like to get my meat wrapped up in plastic and foam trays, not fur and hoofs.

I'd like to permanently go back to 2017/2018... DD was a senior in high school, older DS was a junior, & younger DS was 8... fun ages, for the most part, everyone could take care of themselves, the 2 big kids were out of middle school & the little kid was still little but also independent, &, most importantly, everyone was still home...

Older DD & DS are in college now, & I hate it. Looking back, 2015-2018 have been the best, most fun years for our family. I know there are still fun times to come, but it's not the same...

Plus, DH's dad was still alive, & my mom was still doing well relatively well health-wise.

Otherwise, I'd like to go back & re-visit the '80s & visit the '50s, 40s, early 1900s, & the 1850-60s so I can wear hooped skirts.

I’d like to go back to the late ‘70s and early ‘80s knowing what I know now.
Also knowing what I know now (unfortunately), I'd happily turn the clock back to the early 2000's before social media pervaded every aspect of life. Back to a time when news was at least somewhat objective and reliable. Before everybody and their uncle could disseminate their every thought from behind a keyboard and push back against anybody they perceive as having an opposing opinion. Before dissension and bitterness were worn as badges of honor. :(

Last edited:
For the personal, to sit at the feet of my maternal family's first "Joyce" who has been honored in 5-7 subsequent generations. She was the first known family member who was enslaved and freed in the West Indies.

Im real curious but havent got a clue, what does "Joyce" mean, and who are your people that were enslaved ( very cool stuff, I got nothing exciting in my back ground

Another choice would be : being a part of WOODSTOCK. I'm a child of the 60's but was too young to know about WOODSTOCK , let alone go to NY. BUT I've always thought that was the coolest concert experience there ever could have been and I should've been there!!!

Good question.....I think maybe the early 1900's.....I can tell you when I WOULD NOT want to have lived....the 1600's...just finished a book called The Year of Wonders about the Plague that hit an English Village in 1666 and what they went through and how they lived day to day. Could not imagine living like that and not having the knowledge about what caused the plague that we do now.

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter