If you Rode Forbidden Journey...POST HERE! :) (Spoilers)

And I think the single rider line is going to be a lifesaver for me.
:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

I didn't think we'd be riding FJ much in the peak season because our premier express doesn't kick in till after 4 and who knows when express will open anyway. I was SOOOOOOO happy to see single riders open already.

Heres my attempt at a good play-by-play:

after a long moving belt let's you load into your seats, hermione puts a spell on you and you levitate. Then a projection screen shows you flying around Hogwarts while Hageid looks for his dragon--the bench moves to match the motion shown on screen. Then you switch to live action surprisingly seamlessly, where after a ride through some destroyed rooms you meet Hagrids dragon in person--he breathes 'fire' out at you. Then you're in the forbidden forest and attacked by giant spiders about four times. Sone spit at you, a couple drop from the ceiling at you, and there's one that really scared the crap outta me that came out of nowhere! Then you either pass the whomping willow or the quidditch match. The willow part is animatronic and pretty well done with some jerking thrown in. The quidditch is a Simpsons-type deal but in my opinion the bench was too close to the screens, to the point that you couldn't make out what was going on clearly--it's still spectacular though! Then dementors show up, and the ride gets intense. There's a showdown with dementors for a surprisingly long time, and they're kinda scary--one gets so close to you you'll swear you can touch it. That part is not for the faint of heart! Then you take a flight with Harry around Hogwarts grounds via screen projections and one water-dive scene looks especially cool--the sound was not working 100% on our ride for this part so all I got was the motion aspect of it, still very cool in itself. Then you're back at Hogwarts with two screens showing cheering students and a welcoming Dumbledore. That's where it ends, and you feel very satisfied with the experience!

It's the best ride I've ever been on, or at least the best at Universal Orlando. Can't wait to ride again!

you enter in the gryffindor common room and miss everything prior
It sounds like the best idea is to work your way through the regular line the first time and then try the single riders line for any rides after that. Not that I know where the gryffindor common room is.... :)

Heres my attempt at a good play-by-play:

after a long moving belt let's you load into your seats, hermione puts a spell on you and you levitate. Then a projection screen shows you flying around Hogwarts while Hageid looks for his dragon--the bench moves to match the motion shown on screen. Then you switch to live action surprisingly seamlessly, where after a ride through some destroyed rooms you meet Hagrids dragon in person--he breathes 'fire' out at you. Then you're in the forbidden forest and attacked by giant spiders about four times. Sone spit at you, a couple drop from the ceiling at you, and there's one that really scared the crap outta me that came out of nowhere! Then you either pass the whomping willow or the quidditch match. The willow part is animatronic and pretty well done with some jerking thrown in. The quidditch is a Simpsons-type deal but in my opinion the bench was too close to the screens, to the point that you couldn't make out what was going on clearly--it's still spectacular though! Then dementors show up, and the ride gets intense. There's a showdown with dementors for a surprisingly long time, and they're kinda scary--one gets so close to you you'll swear you can touch it. That part is not for the faint of heart! Then you take a flight with Harry around Hogwarts grounds via screen projections and one water-dive scene looks especially cool--the sound was not working 100% on our ride for this part so all I got was the motion aspect of it, still very cool in itself. Then you're back at Hogwarts with two screens showing cheering students and a welcoming Dumbledore. That's where it ends, and you feel very satisfied with the experience!

It's the best ride I've ever been on, or at least the best at Universal Orlando. Can't wait to ride again!

Thanks for the great play by play! :thumbsup2

I love everyone's point of view of the ride and how the play by plays are slightly different. Anyone else want to give it a shot? We'd love to hear it. :upsidedow

I still think they should find a way to split the standby line into two-one for people who want to ride and one for people who just want to experience hogwarts as a walk-through attraction.

If anyone can tell me what the "drop" is like I would highly appreciate it :goodvibes

We have a trip to WDW planned in July and are considering a night at one of the Universal resorts to see the HP Island.

However we don't like drops - (splash for instance is a no way for us) so is there anything to compare the "drop" in HP?

Thanks!

There is no "drop" per se. It's all simulated like the drops on the Simpsons ride.

There is no "drop" per se. It's all simulated like the drops on the Simpsons ride.

Simulated or not..... yikes :scared1:

Anything similar to the "feeling" of this on the WDW rides? We've never been to Universal or IOA.

Thanks!

Star Tours (think the drop when you are leaving in the beginning and "plunge straight down").

Star Tours (think the drop when you are leaving in the beginning and "plunge straight down").

Ahhhhh now I think I understand.... I thought the arm attached to the benches actually goes high in the air (Soaring) and then drops very fast back to the ground :confused3

Ahhhhh now I think I understand.... I thought the arm attached to the benches actually goes high in the air (Soaring) and then drops very fast back to the ground :confused3
It does go high in the air but does not do any sudden drops. They use the high motion to put you on your back (for example, by the whomping willow), but you go back down smoothly as a drop is not park of that so you won't feel a drop or even realize you were that high.

It does go high in the air but does not do any sudden drops. They use the high motion to put you on your back (for example, by the whomping willow), but you go back down smoothly as a drop is not park of that so you won't feel a drop or even realize you were that high.

Sorry for all the questions and thank you so much for helping!

I can't handle drops and can't imagine the "drop" I've read about on this ride.... If the drop is closer to say "non-spinning Mission Space" where it's just the bench tipping and the screen looks like your going down I'd just plan to close my eyes and manage....

DS really wants to do this and I really want to do this for him.... I just not sure I can handle it :sick:

I don't remember there being any dropping sensation

Then again I don't remember seeing hermoine at the beginning only hearing her voice, supossedly she was there i just wasn't looking in the right place I guess.

Also I didn't feel any dragon heat and I got wet from the spiders while others didn't.

fjride2.jpg

Here you go, I am the one in the purple tank, i've got a double chin in the pic and my legs look like I lift weights each day! So don't look at me but it gives a good pic of the ride vehicle and my size for those who are wondering.

how deep are the chairs? Proper posture or a bit of a curve? Also, this is going to sound stupid but is that a real person next to you? Soo looks like a doll!

It is so nice of people to take the time and post spoiler info.:flower3:, but I wish I hadn't looked because now I am terrified. :scared1:I can only manage one eye open in parts of the Haunted Mansion, am freaked out by the Snow White ride, hated ITTBAB and still haven't worked up enough courage to try Dinosaur and probably never will. Add to that, a terrible fear of spiders (I don't even like seeing them in the movie) and this is so not the ride for me.

Add in DS11 who is afraid of spiders and Dinosaur as well, DD7 who will probably be frightened by my screaming and DH who is not afraid of any ride except Soarin because he hates his legs dangling and feeling like he's flying and we've got quite the combo.

So, if anyone is going mid-August and sees a poor 14 year old boy leading his ashen faced father and hysterical step-mother and younger siblings off this ride, it'll be us.:laughing:

My husband was scared on Dinosaur. He made me promise to never make him ride it again:lmao:! Looks like that will be one fir Ella and me if it's still around in 5 years.

I read the seats are "Snug" in one post, do they have tester seats outside like some of the other rides? I am very pooh sized, and ride a scooter so concerned I should not attempt to ride it or be embarrassed.

i am one of the few who does not fit on Mummy even in the back rows or on Jimmy Neutron because my weight is in my stomach.

Can scooters be ridden up to the ride or due to the walkway are they prohibited ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter