If you win the night in the castle but turn it down, do you get another prize?

CR Resort Fan 4 Life

DIS Veteran
My family and I were talking about what happens if you win the night to spend in Cinderella’s, but you turn it down because some people may not like since you go to participate in WDW activies and at night you are basically locked in there with no where to go. So do the Dream Team Cast Members give you another prize if you turn down the night in Cinderella’s Castle?

No... Because of the rules of the sweepstakes they can not give you another prize. You can only win the prize that you were choosen for. They might give you some front of the line ride re-adds, or something of that nature, but you will not be issued a different prize if you decline the one that you were choosen for.

Why on Earth would anyone do this? LOL...
CM: "Congrats you won a night in Cinderella's castle!"
Guest: "No thanks, I think I'll stick with All-Star Sports"
I guess if it's the day you're leaving and you really can't delay your trip you might have to turn it down...

I guess if it's the day you're leaving and you really can't delay your trip you might have to turn it down...

Um, there would have to be a death in the family to keep me from accepting that prize! (And I mean immediate family or very close friends! Other than that, I would have to grieve in the Castle! Besides, I could do anything for until the next day anyway.) ;)
Seriously... I would add another week on my trip if I knew I would get to stay there for a night! It might be at a cheap hotel out of the park, but I would! :rotfl:

From the official rules (bolding mine):
If a winner does not accept or use an entire prize, that unaccepted or unused part of the prize will be forfeited and Sponsor will have no further obligations with respect to that prize. Some prizes do not exist after the day of original availability (for example, Mickey Mouse Penthouse, Cinderella Castle Suite and each of the Party for the Senses at the Epcot® International Food and Wine Festival Event prizes), and therefore, if those prizes are not claimed on the day of availability, those prizes are gone and no prize will be awarded in lieu of those prizes.

So if you are selected for the Cinderella Castle Suite and choose not to accept it, they're under no obligation to offer a substitute prize.

Um, there would have to be a death in the family to keep me from accepting that prize! (And I mean immediate family or very close friends! Other than that, I would have to grieve in the Castle! Besides, I could do anything for until the next day anyway.) ;)
Seriously... I would add another week on my trip if I knew I would get to stay there for a night! It might be at a cheap hotel out of the park, but I would! :rotfl:

I'm with you!!!!!:thumbsup2

I would never turn down the Castle Suite!!!:faint: You may have other activities planned but the castle is something VERY few people get to do! And it's a night you would remember forever. I'm sure they have a scheduled time for when you would go to the room. I don't think they would make you miss out on other things, Disney is special that way. I think if I won I would burst into tears and be a sopping mess and then not be able to sleep a wink!!!:goodvibes Wouldn't it be great!!!:cloud9:

If I win on the day we are leaving send the family home I will be there
tomorrow. Don't wait up!:rotfl:

Lol, yea! i wouldn't turn it down!! It's a once in a life time opturnity!!
I mean, People would pay so much to stay there! but obviously thats not allowed!!

However.. with the likelness of actually winning i wouldn't really worry about it..

DH and I just did the Keys to the Kingdom tour on Saturday morning and our tourguide did say that there was a day (believe it or not) that they offered the prize to a guest - they turned it down. The computer program in Illinois that randomly picks guests then had the CMs pick a second guest. They turned it down. And then the third turned it down too! I think she said that they had to turn to Disneyland to award the Mickey Suite because the rules state that a Grand prize must be awarded each day during the contest.

DH and I just did the Keys to the Kingdom tour on Saturday morning and our tourguide did say that there was a day (believe it or not) that they offered the prize to a guest - they turned it down. The computer program in Illinois that randomly picks guests then had the CMs pick a second guest. They turned it down. And then the third turned it down too! I think she said that they had to turn to Disneyland to award the Mickey Suite because the rules state that a Grand prize must be awarded each day during the contest.

:confused: WHAT?!:confused: Three families turning down Cindy's suite. Has the world gone mad? If I was within earshot of that I would be all over that CM. PICK MEEEE!!

.....we had planned on leaving WDW at 6am the next morning since we had a 12 hour drive that day, but when we were awarded the Castle Suite we said heck with leaving at 6am (CHANGE OF PLANS!!) and ended up leaving at around noon. It was awesome!

They'd have to beat me off with a stick to keep me from claiming my night at the castle. I'd extend my vacation or whatever I had to do in order to accept. Call in sick...whatever...its a once in a lifetime opportunity!

:flower3:
.....we had planned on leaving WDW at 6am the next morning since we had a 12 hour drive that day, but when we were awarded the Castle Suite we said heck with leaving at 6am (CHANGE OF PLANS!!) and ended up leaving at around noon. It was awesome!

mom2jcc..Did you get pics? :surfweb: We would love to see them!! pleeeease?!:flower3:

:flower3:

mom2jcc..Did you get pics? :surfweb: We would love to see them!! pleeeease?!:flower3:

Yes, they are all in my Trip Report on the Completed Trip Reports Board. It is titled "Our 13 month Old Twins, Easter Week and Cinderella's Suite".

It was beautiful just beautiful!!

Yes, they are all in my Trip Report on the Completed Trip Reports Board. It is titled "Our 13 month Old Twins, Easter Week and Cinderella's Suite".

It was beautiful just beautiful!!

BTW, the pics are towards the end of the TR since it was our last night of vacation.

Wow, anyone who thinks they would turn it down, take me along! I'd definately stay in the castle. As a matter of fact, they'd probably have to call security to get me to leave the next morning!:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter