If you win the night in the castle but turn it down, do you get another prize?

The major prize desciptions (DVC, cruises, other trips) valued higher than $600 all include money ($1,200 for a 4-day WDW trip up to $25,110 for DVC) to be used toward taxes: "This prize also includes US$--,---to help defray payment of taxes payable as a result of winning the prize. Sponsor makes no representation or warranty that the cash portion of this prize will be sufficient to pay winner's tax liability."

You can see the list here: http://adestinations.disney.go.com/...tml?CMP=OTC-VanURLYOMDRulesEng#YOMDPrizesText

The YOMD is requiring Canadians have to answer a skill testing question to win...required by Canadian law...In Canada we do not have to pay taxes on our winnings...so does that mean we wouldn't have to pay taxes if we won a major prize? Would they lower the value of the prize?

I read an account of the questions that they have to ask Canadians and others who fit that particular qualification and they werre so easy I could answer them so no worries!!

Since only some are required to pay taxes if you do not have to pay them and do not get the added bucks from Disney to pay those taxes it would seem a wash to me. I think that is what you are asking. If they gave you the tax money and you did not have to pay taxes you would be getting added benefit.

SG/Linda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter