Illuminations Dining Package at Rose and Crown

We have it booked for October 6 with the new fireworks. Not sure if it will continue further down the road.

How did you book this package for Epcot Forever?

I can't find anywhere on the website where's that's available.

How did you book this package for Epcot Forever?

I can't find anywhere on the website where's that's available.

I have this package booked for what is scheduled to be the first night of Epcot Forever, but it is still listed as the Illuminations package.

Here is the link:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/epcot/illuminations-dinner-package/
It says Illuminations, but so far they are still offering it through December with EPCOT Forever. It books very fast since there are a very limited number of tables.
Although it shows dates open until December, I’m not sure these dates. have ever actually been bookable. I started checking on 6/3 at my 180 day mark, and nothing open for the length of my 8 day trip. And I checked for various party sizes just to see. I’ve continued to check every day and have yet to see anything open for any date in December for any party size.

Has anyone been able to book the "Illuminations Dinner Package" for the new show Epcot Forever beyond the 6th October? <- I saw that someone had posted that they had reservations for the 6th, but as many previous posters have mentioned, there appears to be no availability for any dates beyond this. I booked one of the Epcot Food & Wine Specialty Dining Events yesterday, and asked the DVC CM taking my reservations. She said nothing was available in the system, but couldn't tell me if this was because it had already sold out, or had not been made available yet. We were hoping to do this 29, 30, or 31 October.

This was really not acceptable to us so we asked to speak to the manager.
Yesssss! :thumbsup2!!!!
I wanted a 50% refund since we had no issues with the dinner but we were refunded the entire package cost.
Excellent!
I fail to see how leaving the umbrellas up is going to create a "safety hazard" in any way.
Maybe they're concerned about burning embers from the fireworks? Did they used to leave the umbrellas open before the IDP? I don't know, I've never eaten there.

I have the "Illuminations Dinner Package" booked for 2 on Oct. 18th. A few days before my 180 days I was checking around to see how availability was and there was nothing for this event, so I made this ressie as one of my first on my 180 day morning.

I have the "Illuminations Dinner Package" booked for 2 on Oct. 18th. A few days before my 180 days I was checking around to see how availability was and there was nothing for this event, so I made this ressie as one of my first on my 180 day morning.

Glad you were able to book too!

Last edited:
Although it shows dates open until December, I’m not sure these dates. have ever actually been bookable. I started checking on 6/3 at my 180 day mark, and nothing open for the length of my 8 day trip. And I checked for various party sizes just to see. I’ve continued to check every day and have yet to see anything open for any date in December for any party size.

As I said, I was told that it is extremely limited. So I am not surprised that every day is booked at 180 days. You probably need a 180+ day to get this. I booked mine for October 6 that way. And by the next day there was no availability for a party of 2, 4, or 6. I didn’t check any other sizes, just curious. From my understanding there are only a couple tables for two. Not sure what size party you are looking at. But that can make a difference.

As I said, I was told that it is extremely limited. So I am not surprised that every day is booked at 180 days. You probably need a 180+ day to get this. I booked mine for October 6 that way. And by the next day there was no availability for a party of 2, 4, or 6. I didn’t check any other sizes, just curious. From my understanding there are only a couple tables for two. Not sure what size party you are looking at. But that can make a difference.
I know it’s very limited, but since it was unavailable at 180 days plus 8, I question whether those dates have ever actually opened for booking. And I checked for every size party from 2 to 8 just to see if anything would show as open, and nothing did. Not at 180 + 8 or any other night of my 8 day trip.

I know it’s very limited, but since it was unavailable at 180 days plus 8, I question whether those dates have ever actually opened for booking. And I checked for every size party from 2 to 8 just to see if anything would show as open, and nothing did. Not at 180 + 8 or any other night of my 8 day trip.

Interesting. Of course I can’t check that far out since my stay in during October. Anyone out there have a reservation for this in November or December? I wonder if they are taking a break during the holidays for such things as the Candlelight Processional Packages.

It was unavailable at 180+ 10 for me as well.

I'm pretty sure that it was never offered. Hopefully it will appear soon as the EPCOT Forever dining package.

Has anyone been able to book the "Illuminations Dinner Package" for the new show Epcot Forever beyond the 6th October? <- I saw that someone had posted that they had reservations for the 6th, but as many previous posters have mentioned, there appears to be no availability for any dates beyond this. I booked one of the Epcot Food & Wine Specialty Dining Events yesterday, and asked the DVC CM taking my reservations. She said nothing was available in the system, but couldn't tell me if this was because it had already sold out, or had not been made available yet. We were hoping to do this 29, 30, or 31 October.
I have it booked for October 11.

I should add that they did not say anything about the umbrellas being a "safety hazard" at all. I fail to see how leaving the umbrellas up is going to create a "safety hazard" in any way.

Maybe they're concerned about burning embers from the fireworks? Did they used to leave the umbrellas open before the IDP? I don't know, I've never eaten there.

So having worked at R&C the safety concern is exactly as poster above suggests. There are concerns about embers and therefore we were always told we had to lower them to reduce the fire risk. I'm not sure how much I ever believed this but this is what we were told and therefore had to do. I took the hit when we visited in May and sat in the umbrella seat as I like to refer to it.

Thanks, @gismo1554! As I said, I've never eaten there. But there was that time I was driving on the highway and, while no fireworks were visible, police blocked off the right lane because burning embers were falling on the road.

Also, some of the difficulty in finding availability after Nov. 28 maybe due to the candlelit processional packages. R & C is one of the restaurants that has those packages as well.

Just got back from Disney and had the illuminations package. I would NOT do this again. I was with my 2 children, and we were sitting at the table by the ropes and reserved standing area. It was fine at the beginning, but when the other diners from the restaurant stood in the viewing area for the fireworks it became very uncomfortable. The viewing area was crowded, and there were kids leaning over the railings practically breathing on my neck and my food. There were some adults also talking very loudly and ruined the experience for my kids during the fireworks. To top it off, I had to pay extra for my son to have a burger as it was not on the set menu (and he did not like the other options). I should just have had a table in the conditioning and then stepped out for the fireworks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter