I'm Sick of it!!

I love the not so scary party but do feel that it is offered too many nights in the same 7 to 10 day cycle. I don't agree that 9 until 7 is a full day as you won't get to see wishes or the electrical light parade. As such it makes non party evenings much busier. I understand why Disney does this as it is a business. I wonder if in the future they will offer more parties for other "slow" times.

I wish all of you could come work where I work. At any given time, at least 3-4 people are in the planning stages of a trip. Several people own DVC. We have all been known to sit around on a quiet evening and talk nothing but Disney for hours.

I guess I never realized how lucky I have it! pixiedust:

People can be negative all they want around me. I fully support their negative opinion; for me it means that many less people to wait in line behind when I go.

I feel bad for those who can not find happiness at The Happiest Place on Earth. It is their loss and I wish they could feel the magic at least once.
If seeing Wishes does not convert them, nothing will.......

There are at least 4 of us at work that love Disney.
We went last October and two others from work went last year as well.
I envy all of you that go every year. WDW holds a special place in my heart.

Well, we went to Dallas to visit my sister and her family. My niece (40) has a 15 year old son and a 5 year old daughter. My niece, her husband and son run many 5K's and half marathons. They came into my sisters house discussing the Princess half marathon in Feb. Well, I never planned to run a 5K, but guess what? I am going!! I am so excited. My great niece is not a princess fan but she LOVES Mickey Mouse and Mareda.
My DH is not going and only one of my kids is going with me. My youngest son, 15--almost 16 will be going with us since he is only 6 months older than my great nephew. Thought they could spend quality time together.

People, I can't wait. For those that don't get it, I feel sad for them.
My heart just swells when I see the castle and I cry every time I see it.

Good luck everyone on your travels to see the Mouse!

Why do people think it is okay to insult the fact that I like to go to Disney on vacation? I don't insult where you are going! I get it - you went to Disney and didn't have a good time. You said it was expensive, it was crowded and the food was lousy. Mind you, you went to MK and AK. You did not go to Epcot or to HS. However, you had a great time at Seaworld, but for some reason you, your husband and your twin five year old boys did not have fun at a place where quite a few people on this planet do manage to enjoy themselves. Sorry I needed to vent! I was at a party today and again the fact was brought up that I am going back to Disney in the fall and they just can't understand why. Why don't I go someplace else? MYOB!!

I totally hear ya! My fam and friends don't get our fascination with Dis either. My mom said I shld buy stock. I say to each his own and as long as I hav breath and my girls and I still love it and are able to afford it, we will continue to go every year! I miss the days whn we used to go twice! But alas, I hav to wk now so those days are gone :(

We are DVC members and we go yearly. As my boys get older 16 and 13 now the trip changes. Watching my kids be kids still at their "it isn't cool to hang with mom and dad" age is to use a term priceless! I get the same thing you get but ya know what I don't care or justify anymore. It is our special place and as long as my kids, dw and I love going we will go! ( getting tougher financially but...).

Disney is a place that we have so many special memories that no one will ever take from me! I say to heck with the non disney lover!

Tell it brother!!!! :)

Why do people think it is okay to insult the fact that I like to go to Disney on vacation? I don't insult where you are going! I get it - you went to Disney and didn't have a good time. You said it was expensive, it was crowded and the food was lousy. Mind you, you went to MK and AK. You did not go to Epcot or to HS. However, you had a great time at Seaworld, but for some reason you, your husband and your twin five year old boys did not have fun at a place where quite a few people on this planet do manage to enjoy themselves. Sorry I needed to vent! I was at a party today and again the fact was brought up that I am going back to Disney in the fall and they just can't understand why. Why don't I go someplace else? MYOB!!

I hear you! I get that every time I talk about Disney, "There are other places to go in the world!" is what I hear all the time :crazy2: Good thing it's my vacation and not theirs!

I wish all of you could come work where I work. At any given time, at least 3-4 people are in the planning stages of a trip. Several people own DVC. We have all been known to sit around on a quiet evening and talk nothing but Disney for hours.

I guess I never realized how lucky I have it! pixiedust:

Where do you work!? Imagineering?:worship:

I once made the mistake of telling my coworkers I'd choose an all expenses paid trip to Disney over one to somewhere in Europe. So now I am "uncultured." It's just sad, really, when people don't understand the magic that is WDW.

My friends just don't know what to say when I say I go to WDW every year. Some are jealous and some look at me like I have two heads. But I'd day a good 75% of my community is some sort of Disney fanatic, from DVC to Cruises.

There are always going to be bitter people make ugly remarks about almost anything in life. Some just seem to be more popular targets.

It's a shame they cannot derive the same joy most of us get from the Disney experience.

It's a double shame that they have a desire to be verbally poisonous to those that do.

It's the shamefully: "Anyone who does not agree with me/ is exactly like me/ or lives the way I do - is wrong" mentality.

Try your best to ignore them and enjoy your trips!

There are 3 of us in my office are that are going to be in WDW within 1 week of each other. 2 of us will be there for an 8 day overalap. We must be the exception.

I tell most people I'm going to the Caribbean...which i am after 7 nights using my DVC @ boardwalk......most Australians know about Disneyland, not WDW, so its just easier that way....also I do tend to get the comments of "but haven't you been there before ???".....

australians on a whole love to travel to different places every year (we are an adventurous lot):thumbsup2, and find it quite strange to go back to the same international location year after year..

we love our WDW & DVC.....

I get that all the time that surely I wanna try somewhere else other than Orlando! Believe it or not coming from the UK 2 weeks in Florida with a car and tickets is actually often cheaper than a few nights in Vegas or New York for example. Me and my friends/other half have been other places but Florida really is the best value for money day for day! Most people hear orlando and just think disney they don't get how much other fun stuff there is!

My friends understand my Disney obsession, it's my family that I get the "You know there are other places in the world to vacation!" reaction. We got engaged in WDW and intend on honeymooning there as well. We know that if we went any place else, we would be thinking of Disney, but it doesn't stop them from trying to convince us to go on a "more romantic" or a different vacation spot for our honeymoon.

I get it a lot, but I dont really care as since half of the people I work with take their vacation to their own house and dont go anywhere at all.

This thread is exactly why we are all on the dis!!! So there are other people in our lives who "get it!" Lol

These threads come up all the time and I don't understand why you tell everyone where you are going? I never tell anyone about my vacations unless you are directly involved in someway. My mom knows because she is keeping the dog, but other than that, nobody else knows when or where we are going on vacation in september. Our kids don't know and my brother doesn't know, I just don't see the need to talk about it all the time. None of my facebook friends talk about trips unless they are posting pictures that they have already left. My co-workers never talked about vacations, I guess I just live with boring people!

These threads come up all the time and I don't understand why you tell everyone where you are going? I never tell anyone about my vacations unless you are directly involved in someway. My mom knows because she is keeping the dog, but other than that, nobody else knows when or where we are going on vacation in september. Our kids don't know and my brother doesn't know, I just don't see the need to talk about it all the time. None of my facebook friends talk about trips unless they are posting pictures that they have already left. My co-workers never talked about vacations, I guess I just live with boring people!

Sure sounds like it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter