Impact Statements of Survivors of Larry Nassar

I was listening the first day and couldn't take it anymore after I heard just a few speak.

"Now this is entertaining to me," County Court Judge Rosemarie Aquilina said as she read from the letter in court on Thursday.

"Aquilina said if I pass out she'll have the EMTs revive me and prop me up in the witness box."

The judge scoffed.

"I suspect you have watched too much television," Aquilina said. "It's delusional. You need to talk about these issues with a therapist and that's not me."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...s-it-s-too-hard-listen-victim-stories-n838731

My oldest is a gymnast and this is a huge fear of mine. I feel for these poor girls. And proud that they stood up to him. He’s an animal

What it took for them to speak out is just incredible. Such strength. I hope that's how they're able to view it and feel about themselves going forward, that they did what's nearly impossible with incredible strength and they should feel proud of themselves. I also hope any who weren't able to come forward don't look at it as their failure and recognize they deserve respect for surviving a monster.

I've been following this case closely for a long time. USAG holds a ton of responsibility in this. They covered it up for years. I tried watching the statements, but holy cow, it is so painful to watch. I can't imagine having to stand up there and face my abuser like that. These women are so strong. And I'm so, so happy with this judge. She is brilliant.

My favorite quote so far from one of the statements: "Little girls don't stay little forever. They grow into strong women that return to destroy your world."

Go get him.

I have been. I am a gymnastics coach and I am so disgusted by USAG that I want to scream! I want to rip up my membership card and find a new career.

I've been wondering what I can actually DO. I'm so, so angry that there are no words. But I'm not a gymnast, coach, or mom. So what can I do here? I don't know. I'm sorry that this disgusting excuse for a human being has made your job so much more difficult recently. USAG is complicit. They need to dismantle the organization completely.

I have been sitting here watching them all week. They are all heartbreaking. I want to reach through the screen and squeeze his neck.

If he thinks he has mental health issues listening to all the victims he won't make it long in prison. I wouldn't be surprised if in a few weeks he doesn't try to off himself.

What it took for them to speak out is just incredible. Such strength. I hope that's how they're able to view it and feel about themselves going forward, that they did what's nearly impossible with incredible strength and they should feel proud of themselves. I also hope any who weren't able to come forward don't look at it as their failure and recognize they deserve respect for surviving a monster.
I can only imagine. I’m sure they wanted to, but even with him going to jail, they are still afraid of him.

I've been following this case closely for a long time. USAG holds a ton of responsibility in this. They covered it up for years. I tried watching the statements, but holy cow, it is so painful to watch. I can't imagine having to stand up there and face my abuser like that. These women are so strong. And I'm so, so happy with this judge. She is brilliant.

My favorite quote so far from one of the statements: "Little girls don't stay little forever. They grow into strong women that return to destroy your world."

Go get him.

That was from Kyle Stephens, she was the Nassars babysitter. Her father didn't believe her when she told him about Nassar and has since taken his own life because of it. She also said when Nassar came to their house after being confronted that Nassar told her she should not be abused and if she was she should tell her parents. She said she was in court to "tell everyone."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter