In your opinion what is the most overrated thing in WDW?

I would say Fantasmic. I have seen the show once and that was enough. I hated waiting on those metal benches and wasn't overly impressed. Now Illuminations is my jam. I watch that as many nights as possible during a trip where we stay at BC and swim in SAB :rotfl2:

It has to be BOG for me.

Despite having high hopes from reading lots of good comments before visiting, I thought the decor was nice but not amazing, and the food was nothing particularly special.

It also adds insult to injury by spoiling one of Disney's best songs as the Grey Stuff (which I was dying to try) wasn't really that delicious nor a very imaginative creation, so as someone who loves their desserts this was a particularly big let down :sad:

Columbia Harbor House. I've been going to WDW since 1972 and had managed to never eat here once...until our 2016 trip. Now I know why I held out so long. The food just wasn't good to our family. We all ate different things so we had variety, and nothing really made any of us go "wow". It was super crowded, even the much discussed "secret" of eating upstairs. In fairness, it was a little calmer upstairs and we did have a nice conversation with a CM who was working up there. But, for all the hype and positive comments I'd read about as we prepared for the trip, we thought it would be much better. Maybe our expectations were too high? At any rate, it's back to Pecos Bill for us.

I don't get the 110 minute lines at Peter Pan. I love A/C in the summertime as much as the next person, but I'm not going to swelter for 2 hours for 3 minutes of air. I get that it's the nature of a theme park, but for some reason that ride just boggles my mind. We enjoy it, but we won't ride without a FP.

This too .. why Peter Pan is so long compared to the other dark rides? Because you "fly"? The ride is super short as you zip pretty fast through the scenes. My family loves it .. but I've only done it with a FP, I don't understand how/why the line gets so long compared to other rides.

Columbia Harbor House. I've been going to WDW since 1972 and had managed to never eat here once...until our 2016 trip. Now I know why I held out so long. The food just wasn't good to our family. We all ate different things so we had variety, and nothing really made any of us go "wow". It was super crowded, even the much discussed "secret" of eating upstairs. In fairness, it was a little calmer upstairs and we did have a nice conversation with a CM who was working up there. But, for all the hype and positive comments I'd read about as we prepared for the trip, we thought it would be much better. Maybe our expectations were too high? At any rate, it's back to Pecos Bill for us.
This is one of those things that is based on "when you compare it to other QS options" things. Is CHH the best fish you can find? Not by far. Is it a good choice for something different than you find at most theme parks? Yes. But no, it's not wow, this is wonderful but it is nice to have variety. We prefer Pecos Bill (with their new menu at least) too.

Hands down Peter Pan's Flight. Its a classic, so its must ride, but as much as I would like to do the interactive queue at least once, I refuse to wait two hours for such a short ride. My DH feels like even using a FP on this attraction is a waste. At least 7DMT is more worthwhile to wait for (though the last and only time I didn't use FP for this I nearly regretted it. The queue is nice, but not nice enough to distract me from the fact that I have been standing for over an hour).

Most food (with a few Epcot exceptions) are totally over-priced for the quality. Askerhus' food is horrible and only worth it if you really want the character interactions (even though you can pretty much meet all those princesses elsewhere in Epcot through the day). I will play devil's advocate though and say that BOG in my opinion is one of the best restaurants, if not the best in MK at least. I love their food and my whole family enjoyed it enough to look past its high prices despite them being very budget conscious. I've never been to Le Cellier though and I hear great things so, maybe I would change my opinion when I finally eat there.

I've been hearing positive feedback about Pecos Bill including on the podcasts. I'm excited to try it out in a few months. Looked pretty good food at a reasonable price.

I've been hearing positive feedback about Pecos Bill including on the podcasts. I'm excited to try it out in a few months. Looked pretty good food at a reasonable price.
If you are a fan of Chipolte, Moe, Qdoba, build your own burrito type places you will enjoy it. We find it pretty good. Best QS at MK for certain (though it wasn't a tough competition to win)

I will add in my own (that have been repeated here):

Dining Plans - I've done the math . .and it just doesn't add up. I feel that most people end up overpaying for a convenience that IS NOT convenient. Just user your Magic Band and link it to a credit card and pay for your meals ala carte and I bet you will pay less (and eat less as you aren't worried about "using" credits up).

Epcot - World Showcase as a kid I loved Future World .. then my parents dragged me around World Showcase on a hot summer day. Ugh .. talk about boring. No rides, boring movies and nothing but shopping and restaurants? Any kids nightmare. That has stuck with me into adulthood, so much I skip Epcot most of the time.

Even this past trip we barely dipped our toes into the showcase and Future World was a glimmer of what I remember from the 80s and 90s.
Sure .. at one time it may have been educational, but now .. you get more exotic food and drink choices at Disney Springs for no entry fee and you get more educational and interactive attractions at your local museum.

The whole park just suffers from a lack of attractions (which is why the only good attractions there are Tier 1 and have long wait times).

If you are a fan of Chipolte, Moe, Qdoba, build your own burrito type places you will enjoy it. We find it pretty good. Best QS at MK for certain (though it wasn't a tough competition to win)

Interesting since I think Be Our Guest for lunch would probably win that for me. Harbor House and Sleepy Hallows are good too.

I've eaten at Chipotle and Moe's before so good to know it's similar enough.

Interesting since I think Be Our Guest for lunch would probably win that for me. Harbor House and Sleepy Hallows are good too.
Another place we're excited to check out is Sleepy Hollow...I know it may sound simple and nothing out of the ordinary but we'd like to try the Fresh Fruit Waffle Sandwich (aka nutella basically with fruit in a waffle) or maybe even the Sweet and Spicy Chicken Waffle Sandwich.

Watching "Wishes" or now "HEA" from inside the Magic Kingdom.

While the best views maybe from inside the park; dealing with the crowds, the staking out of a spot for an hour or more, being squeezed in like sardines and then the long trip back to resort afterwards is simply not worth it. It honestly requires a 3 hour time investment.

I'd rather spend that time having dinner at California Grill with a glass of red wine and a great meal. Taking a break between the main course and dessert to watch the show from the top of the contemporary is such a perfect way to spend an evening!

Honorable mentions
*School Bread
*Disney Springs
*Starbucks anywhere in WDW
*Grand Floridan
*The Monorail
*Space Mountain

Thank you! I don't know if anyone else mentioned this because I scanned this thread, but I've watched the fireworks with a FastPass (don't even get me started on that because it's a crowded, loud mess) and on "standby" and every time it was overwhelming and just a crushing sea of people and elbows and iPhones.

I prefer to watch from Fantasyland, an MK resort restaurant or beach/dock.

Poly & Contemporary. They look like corny 70's hotels, and I just don't get it. No matter how much you update the insides to make it more luxurious and modern, the outsides look like a cheesy time warp and it just bothers me. The GF on the other hand, is drop dead gorgeous inside and out, as is the AK lodge.

Peter Pan's lines are ridiculous for how lame of a ride it is.

Tomorrowland Speedway's gas fumes make me want to puke.

Turkey legs - not because I don't love turkey legs (I do) and not because these ones aren't delicious (they are) - they're just a ridiculous food to sell as an on the go meal. Turkey legs are full of bits of horrid that you have to get around to get at the meat that it's really something you need a chair and a no thank you plate to enjoy IMO.

Test Track is a weak boring ride that I would have thought was awesome when I was 9 and obsessed with cars

Glad there are sites like this with reviews because I remember Pecos Bill from decades ago selling the same old dried out burgers that most Disney QS served back in the day. :)
I do remember hearing the menu has changed or well basically re-done maybe almost 2 years ago??. I just keep hearing about the toppings bar lol

Oh wait I have another answer and I'm breaking my own rules. I don't think anyone has said this yet so it'll be interesting to see the response to this one...

Fort Wilderness.

I hate the theming... I think it's awful. I hate camping, (especially the ugly decorations people use), horseback riding, cowboy hats, etc. I think I would actually rather stay at an All Star resort than Fort Wilderness.

Oh wait I have another answer and I'm breaking my own rules. I don't think anyone has said this yet so it'll be interesting to see the response to this one...

Fort Wilderness.

I hate the theming... I think it's awful. I hate camping, (especially the ugly decorations people use), horseback riding, cowboy hats, etc. I think I would actually rather stay at an All Star resort than Fort Wilderness.

I'm not a huge fan of the theme, but it bugs me a lot less than the outdated themes @ Poly (70's Polynesian Kitsch for White People) and Contemporary (This is what all buildings will look like ~IN THE FUTURE~) - Pioneer rustic is cheesy but timeless.

Edit: It's like when people wear trendy modern tuxedos for a wedding rather than old fashioned ones that have been stylish for over a century. In 2 decades your wedding photos look silly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter