In your opinion what is the most overrated thing in WDW?

Frozen Ever After...will the craziness over this movie EVER end????

Would you rather Disney not have a hit and isn't culturally relevant? I love that there's a Disney movie that kids watch on endless repeat and every parent knows all the words to the songs whether they like it or not. That hasn't happened since The Lion King.

Would you rather Disney not have a hit and isn't culturally relevant? I love that there's a Disney movie that kids watch on endless repeat and every parent knows all the words to the songs whether they like it or not. That hasn't happened since The Lion King.
I'd RATHER not hear about this overrated attraction.

I'd be totally okay with Frozen being that hit if it weren't for the particular song that made it big.

"Let it go" is pretty much the modern equivalent to "small world" or worse, "this is the song that never ends".

EPCOT

I used to love it. Now, it seems really run down and it just doesn't work for my family. I feel like it is crazy to pay admission to just go eat at the overpriced restaurants.

I second your opinion. Only a few good rides but other than that it's main attraction are the restaurants.

I also agree with Peter Pans flight. I like the ride but don't understand the long wait times.

BOG dinner and Cinderellas royal table as well. Great atmosphere but the food is way overpriced and but not worth the money.

Last one is not a ride, but why hasn't Disney found a way to to build a walkway from the Grand Floridian to the Magic Kingdom? Guests could bypass the monorail and allow anyone to walk to the park from all three monorail resorts.

Dining plans - especially when paid for!! They are overrated, overpriced and yet purchased by hordes of people. :confused3

As far as I can tell people do them to 'save money' or to "buy expensive meals without looking at prices" but we have never been able to spend that much money (amount the DP would cost) in a day and we never worry about prices for food in WDW. We eat in signature restaurants and eat 'character' hosted meals. We just eat where and when we want and pay OOP.
How does paying more money up front to eat expensive food make sense? How is it more convenient to eat 'on a plan with points to keep track of" instead of eating where and when you want and just paying for the items that you want (not what is 'included')?

The logic escapes me.

I'm a little hesitant to post this, but... Soarin'. I haven't ridden the new one, so this is about the old one.
I mean, it's fun. I'll grab a FP+ for it and enjoy it, but everybody seems to freak out about what an AMAZING ride it is, when... I don't know, I just can't stop myself from thinking "I'm sitting in front of a giant screen."

Dining plans - especially when paid for!!

The logic escapes me.

Dining plans are good for people who go mainly to eat. If you're not strict with ADRs and credits, you'll lose money. You do ONE 2-credit, you lose money. The margin of value is razor thin.

If it has to be only one thing, then my first thought is BOG lunch.
Runner-up is Trail's End dinner.

I read through everyone's responses, and I agree with those who posted these that the following are also overrated:

Rivers of Light (underwhelming)
Wishes (it was fine the first time; didn't need it repeated for so many years)
Fantasmic (ditto)
the dining plan
Chef Mickey's
CRT
V & A's
Le Cellier (not bad, but I feel that it is overpriced for what it is)
Ohana (food and service are hit or miss)
7DMT
dessert parties
Frozen Ever After (Maelstrom was more interesting for me)
pin trading (why)
Disney Springs (IMHO it is much too overgrown; it's like the kudzu of shopping complexes)

Poly
It reminds me of the Brady Bunch goes to Hawaii episode.
Great episode! I'd see that association as a positive.

now I'll do a public service of my own and give a response to each, showing why each is awesome....IN HAIKU FORM!

Jungle Cruise
Lasseter would say
You've got to embrace the kitsch!
Backside of water!

I really liked all your haikus, regardless of whether I like the various things they refer to. I'm a Jungle Cruise fan, and your Jungle Cruise haiku is one of my favorites.

Chef Mickey's
You get to eat and
Meet Mickey while monorail
Whizzes overhead

That's better than meeting the monorail while Mickey whizzes overhead!

Watching "Wishes" or now "HEA" from inside the Magic Kingdom.

While the best views maybe from inside the park; dealing with the crowds, the staking out of a spot for an hour or more, being squeezed in like sardines and then the long trip back to resort afterwards is simply not worth it. It honestly requires a 3 hour time investment.

I'd rather spend that time having dinner at California Grill with a glass of red wine and a great meal. Taking a break between the main course and dessert to watch the show from the top of the contemporary is such a perfect way to spend an evening!

Honorable mentions
*School Bread
*Disney Springs
*Starbucks anywhere in WDW
*Grand Floridan
*The Monorail
*Space Mountain

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter