In your opinion what is the most overrated thing in WDW?

Exactly. The Peter Pan ride is liked well enough by many, but the line is usually so long only because the low throughput of the ride system and its location right in the heart of Fantasyland.

Under the Sea - Journey of the Little Mermaid probably has an hourly ride capacity around 3 times that of Peter Pan. If you magically swapped the locations and the hourly ride capacities of these 2 attractions, you would see the Little Mermaid would be the ride with a 90 minute wait and Peter Pan would have the 20 minute wait.
Swapping the two rides wouldn't make a difference to me. Peter Pan is charming in my opinion while Little Mermaid is bleh.

On Avatar: I think this was a sunk cost scenario. When Avatar exploded in receipts, they put their chips on the table and the whole thing took 8 years to conceptualize and bring to life. I don't think they realized that the following would be that short lived seeing as though it is the highest grossing movie of all time.

Meeting face characters - freaks me out - especially the Princesses. I think because they are 'real' -it just creeps me out. BUT meeting a human dressed as a giant rat is perfectly fine for me. hahahaha.

I think it's that whole "It's busy so it must be good" sociology paradigm. In order to experience it without hassle, you have to jump on the FP+ train or it's not worth the time. It's an interesting dynamic, for sure.

For me, it's the whole "I can ride this rollercoaster without killing my neck or my back and getting a headache" paradigm. ;)

I truly love SDMT. I love the song "Heigh-Ho." I love seeing the dwarfs' shadows as we climb the lift hill. I love the mine theming. I love the on-ride video we get with Photopass. I love seeing the B&B castle as we ride. I love watching the fireworks from it when we ride at night. I love seeing the witch at the door as Snow White dances inside the house. I love the Silly Song. I love how smooth the entire coaster is. Most of all, I love hearing my girls squeal with delight, especially when they were young and able to ride a thrill ride at such a young age.

Since the coaster was open, we have never been in MK a single day without having a fastpass for it. It is a top priority every time.

Heigh Ho!

I truly love SDMT...

It is a top priority every time.

Heigh Ho!

Which is the beauty of WDW. It's not just about the thrill or the theming. It's the connection between you, your family, your memories, and that attraction. I love Journey Into Imagination because I remember marathoning it in the 80's because it was the only thing that didn't bore me at EPCOT. Doesn't make sense why it's my favorite other than the memories.

Meeting face characters - freaks me out - especially the Princesses. I think because they are 'real' -it just creeps me out. BUT meeting a human dressed as a giant rat is perfectly fine for me. hahahaha.
Agree!! Mine is face characters, too. But maybe because we don't have kids yet, I always feel like the characters think my husband and I are being creeps waiting in line to see them!

I truly love SDMT. I love the song "Heigh-Ho." I love seeing the dwarfs' shadows as we climb the lift hill. I love the mine theming... I love seeing the B&B castle as we ride... I love seeing the witch at the door as Snow White dances inside the house. I love the Silly Song. I love how smooth the entire coaster is.

Since the coaster was open, we have never been in MK a single day without having a fastpass for it. It is a top priority every time.

Heigh Ho!

I love this because I agree with almost all of it. The mountain is beautiful with great details and that beautiful waterfall. The Heigh-Ho scene is among my favorite scenes in any ride ever. And the end is the little cherry on top. I, too, ride it every single time I'm in MK. An essential part of my Disney trips now!

Epcot- a giant kitschy mall with some extremely overrated rides
Tomorrowland Speedway- the smell is horrible and you can smell it in the Tea Party queue depending on the wind
Dinosaur- way too bumpy and the effects and "scares" are lame
Frozen Ever After- extremely bumpy and rickety- they should have spent a few bucks on fixing the track

I know I'm probably the only one here who would say this, but for us it's Magic Kingdom. We love Disneyland and can spend several days there, but MK is a half day park for us at most.
Thank you briggs, I was too afraid :duck: to be the first one to say this. There are many things at MK I love, but overall it's my least favorite park just because of the crowds it draws. It's always feel like your wading through a sea of people. I can't stand protecting turf in the hub for nighttime shows. Space Mountain is the only real "thrill" ride there imo. We just got back from WDW a week ago an MK has moved from 2nd to 4th on my parks rating.

Stich isn't currently operating, right? Otherwise, I would have totally voted for that.
Comes and goes seasonally. Not sure what season it's in today.

But not sure you can consider Stitch overrated. It's got to be rated high by several to be consider overrated, no?

Stich isn't currently operating, right? Otherwise, I would have totally voted for that.

It's part-time right now. I'm not sure if it's currently opened but yeah it's well on its way out.

It had a posted wait a couple of days ago of 15 minutes. Don't think anyone rates it highly, though. I have never seen any positive reviews of it, but then, I am sure someone, somewhere, likes it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter