(Insert Catchy Title Here) ... Our Oct 08 Trip Report in Pictures ~ UPDATED LAST DAY

Hey everyone ... just thought I'd let you know I'm working on our first night at HHN (Oct 9) and should have that up later tonight ... :thumbsup2

Ok Bonny and Lee......

I am in and ready to be scareded:scared1:

LOL

Seriously, can't wait to see/read more :thumbsup2

When we last left you, we had stopped by the Universal store to pick up our HHN souvies. We hiked back to the car in the garage to unload our purchases and then headed back to the stay and scream area at Finnegans. Unfortunately we didn’t run into any other DISers, Vaulters or CSWers. Once they let us loose from the holding area, we headed over to Creatures (was more silly than scary), Body Collectors (very creepy) and Doomsday (never saw the movie but the house was OK) – where we ran into Macraven in the line as we were leaving.

By now they had opened the main gates and we decided to head over towards Scary Tales to get ahead of the crowd. As we got near the Simpsons, it unfortunately decided to start raining … Luckily we were able to get out of the rain at the Kwik-E-Mart.

HHN08-23.jpg

Once the rain stopped, we were on our way again … first stop was Fractured Tales …

HHN08-25.jpg

HHN08-24.jpg

HHN08-26.jpg

HHN08-27.jpg

HHN08-28.jpg

HHN08-29.jpg

HHN08-30.jpg

HHN08-31.jpg

HHN08-32.jpg

HHN08-33.jpg

HHN08-34.jpg

HHN08-35.jpg

HHN08-36.jpg

As we didn’t get EPs for our first night, we decided to skip the rest of the houses and concentrate on taking more pics of the scarezones. Next was the “pumpkin patch” and the Skoolhouse. Unfortunately the rain decided to start again, and we ducked under the safety of the food/drink cart across from the School until the rain stopped.

HHN08-43.jpg

HHN08-46.jpg

HHN08-47.jpg

HHN08-45.jpg

HHN08-49.jpg

HHN08-50.jpg

HHN08-51.jpg

HHN08-53.jpg

HHN08-54.jpg

HHN08-57.jpg

HHN08-42.jpg

… next up – Asylum in Wonderland

Of course, we had to take a pic of Mel’s on our way …

HHN08-86.jpg

HHN08-88.jpg

IMG_0320.jpg

IMG_0327.jpg

IMG_0350.jpg

IMG_0341.jpg

HHN08-100.jpg

HHN08-114.jpg

IMG_0337.jpg

Next we headed over to the Path of the Wicked … stopping to take these pics of the wait times as we passed by

IMG_0352.jpg

IMG_0352a.jpg

IMG_0354.jpg

IMG_0357.jpg

IMG_0358.jpg

IMG_0359.jpg

IMG_0360.jpg

Next up was American Gothic …

IMG_0365.jpg

IMG_0366.jpg

IMG_0368.jpg

IMG_0371.jpg

IMG_0372.jpg

IMG_0373.jpg

IMG_0374.jpg

IMG_0377.jpg

IMG_0380.jpg

… next up – Streets of Blood

From what we had read on the HHN website, we were expecting a little more from this scarezone than it actually delivered. As well, we found the scareactors in this area were very hard to get photos of – it seemed they were often running away from whoever was taking the picture. We were able to get a few pics though …

IMG_0391.jpg

IMG_0392.jpg

IMG_0393.jpg

IMG_0394.jpg

IMG_0395.jpg

IMG_0397.jpg

IMG_0400.jpg

IMG_0402.jpg

IMG_0404.jpg

As we had been at the park since 10 am that morning, we both were starting to get a bit tired (and hungry) so we decided to head over to Monster’s Café to rest our fee and grab a bite to eat.

DSC00355.jpg

IMG_0231.jpg

IMG_0236.jpg

IMG_0237.jpg

DSC00378.jpg

After our feet were rested and our tummies full, we decided to head over to Fractured Tales one last time, taking these pics of the Skoolhouse and “pumpkin patch” on our way

IMG_0488.jpg

IMG_0492.jpg

IMG_0417.jpg

IMG_0424.jpg

IMG_0425.jpg

IMG_0487.jpg

… next up final installment for this day

As the rain had been keeping a lot of the scareactors away from the scarezones most of the evening, we decided to head back over to Fractured Tales one last time …

IMG_0437.jpg

IMG_0444.jpg

IMG_0445.jpg

IMG_0446.jpg

IMG_0450.jpg

IMG_0451.jpg

IMG_0452.jpg

IMG_0460.jpg

IMG_0465.jpg

IMG_0466.jpg

IMG_0470.jpg

IMG_0473.jpg

IMG_0480.jpg

This prop was one of our favorites at the event … Lee and I have decided to try and make one of our own for our yard haunt next year!!

IMG_0447.jpg

It was now close to midnight, so we decided to head back to the resort … taking these last shots of Asylum in Wonderland on our way out …

IMG_0493.jpg

IMG_0495.jpg

IMG_0496.jpg

IMG_0501.jpg

IMG_0503.jpg

IMG_0504.jpg

IMG_0509.jpg

As we headed out to the parking garage, we found our car very easy to find …

DSC00601.jpg

Next up - our RIP tour with our DIS homies - Macraven, Yellowfish, Donaldduck352, AlexandNessa, Phamton and Patster.

I can say with even more certainty you will NEVER get me in there!

Great installment though.

Thanks so much for the fantastic pix. I'm much too chicken to ever attend HHN but the costumes are so wonderful (from a distance, like on this side of my computer :rotfl: ).

Thanks for sharing!

OH MY WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to go next year. Brent thought the pics were awesome, too.
Hearing everyone talk about how great HHN is had me ready to try it, but
now I'm SOOOOOOOO EXCITED! And I've still got a year to wait. :eek:

Taminator

OH MY WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to go next year. Brent thought the pics were awesome, too.
Hearing everyone talk about how great HHN is had me ready to try it, but
now I'm SOOOOOOOO EXCITED! And I've still got a year to wait. :eek:

Taminator

What are you going to do with the boys Macadamia?:scared1:

What are you going to do with the boys Macadamia?:scared1:

This nut always hires a babysitter from an agency for date night(s) in Orlando. We've always been really, really happy with the sitters we've had. Especially the last one. I keep her business card in my wallet.

Macadamia

Okie dokie! I have never done that. Of course I would rather be with the kids than the dh anyway!

Hey Bonny/Lee,

Im glad youse guys had a great vacation ,and I was lovin yer trippy, I made it to Day 2.....but then yer photos started to scare the livin Bejesus oot o' me !! :scared1:

Aint no BraveHeart here.

Feardycats R Us

Wow - I think I took 12 pictures all vacation and you have twelve before you land in Orlando. Nice photos of Mpls airport :yay: we look good for the camera! I am SO SO glad I said universal tickets were enough....I can tell from your pics that HHN is not for me! I am enjoying your report! Looking forward to more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter