(Insert Catchy Title Here) ... Our Oct 08 Trip Report in Pictures ~ UPDATED LAST DAY

Sorry for the delay in getting this installment up ... but with Halloween yesterday, we were both very busy getting our yard haunt set up for the kiddies ... but now, without further adieu - we present ...

Day 3 … Sleep and HHN RIP Tour

As our two previous days/evenings were very busy (our travel day and our first day/night at US/HHN), we decided to take it easy today and sleep in … after all we had our RIP tour later that evening and wanted to be ready and raring to go rather than total zombies.

We woke about 10 am and took our time getting ready. We then decided to head down to the food court to grab a bite to eat as we both enjoy the food court at our resort.

After lunch, we grabbed our HHN Lanyards and headed off to US …
23.gif

01-RIP.jpg

Now might be a good time to mention that we didn’t take many pictures today … rather we wanted to enjoy our tour and experience the houses and scarezones in their entirety rather than focus on trying to take pictures …

Arriving at the park, we immediately headed over to Finnegans where we texted Mac to let her know we had arrived. As it would turn out a few of our group had already congregated in the stay and scream area outside Finnegans, so we joined them just before they allowed us into the park.
02-RIP.jpg

When they set us free, we headed over to Creatures (we really didn’t have much choice as access to the rest of the park was limited), where CD (from the Vault/CSW) was in fine form. After Creatures, we ventured over to Body Collectors and then, as they had opened the main gates allowing the masses into the park, made our way over to VIP tours for our RIP tour.

03-RIP.jpg

Mac … don’t look now – someone is stalking you … :scared1:

04-RIP.jpg

Look out Bev!

05-RIP.jpg

… Let me fix your “hare” … :rotfl:

06-RIP.jpg

Arriving at the VIP office, Mac checked in those of us already there and we waited for the stragglers to arrive … (donaldduck352 - that’s you & your wife :lmao:) While we were waiting, Mac decked us all out in glow paraphernalia - she said so that we could all find one another but we think it was so the scareactors would see us and scare the crap out of Jodie (AlexandNessa). ::yes:: For those who don’t know, Jodie and her husband Mike were with us on a RIP tour last year , and as we found out on that tour, Jodie is a screamer … :scared1:

We finally decided to head up to the “waiting room” until our tour, where most of our group decided to start the evening off with a few beverages.
2.gif
Mac continued to dress us in more glow gear. Donaldduck352 and wife soon arrived, and after a few more drinks, we were given our RIP tour glow sticks and were off on our most awesome RIP tour with our most awesome guide!! :goodvibes

Our RIP group consisted of Macraven, Yellowfish (& husband), Donaldduck352 (& wife), AlexandNessa (& husband), Phamton , Patster and of course Lee and myself – and if I do say so, what a great group we were (thanks Jodie for the pic).

07-RIP.jpg

We spent almost 7 hours together , hitting the houses and scarezones twice, plus having time for a few beverages, some food, and a couple rides thrown in for good measure. This was the 3rd year we had done the RIP tour (2nd with Mac and gang) and if you can afford it, we would definitely highly recommend it as a great way to see HHN … especially if you only have one evening in which to see everything.

We are already planning for 2009! :thumbsup2

Awesome report....your pix are great.

Someday I'll join ya on that tour....someday.... :rolleyes:

:::hands bag of marbles to Bonny then walks away...::::

Thanks for the DHS report! We haven't visited the mouse since 2005, and I only surf the Universal threads, so I'm not current on Disney. Great pictures as usual!:thumbsup2

Thanks for the DHS report! We haven't visited the mouse since 2005, and I only surf the Universal threads, so I'm not current on Disney. Great pictures as usual!:thumbsup2

Hey Patrick ... glad to share. We enjoy both Universal and Disney and can't do just one when we're in Orlando. There's more coming - don't forget we were down for 12 days!

Hey Patrick ... glad to share. We enjoy both Universal and Disney and can't do just one when we're in Orlando. There's more coming - don't forget we were down for 12 days!

Sure, rub it in! :teeth:

Until Lisa get more than two weeks of vacation, we'll just be taking 3 or 4 day trips to Universal. I saw Disney's 'Buy 4 Days/Get 3 Free' promo that was mentioned in Mac's Something about Nothing Thread. I mentioned it to Lisa and her response was what I expected, she wouldn't want to use half of her allocated vacation time at once. However, she did say that by not using a full week for a Disney vacation, she would have time for a short Universal trip in October! So I think its safe for me to pencil in the HHN RIP tour for next year! (Mac, you listening).

Sure, rub it in! :teeth:

Until Lisa get more than two weeks of vacation, we'll just be taking 3 or 4 day trips to Universal. I saw Disney's 'Buy 4 Days/Get 3 Free' promo that was mentioned in Mac's Something about Nothing Thread. I mentioned it to Lisa and her response was what I expected, she wouldn't want to use half of her allocated vacation time at once. However, she did say that by not using a full week for a Disney vacation, she would have time for a short Universal trip in October! So I think its safe for me to pencil in the HHN RIP tour for next year! (Mac, you listening).
::yes::

as of now, we have 6 returning for rip columbus day weekend/friday night as a preference and 3 new maybes......

once i get to 11 homies counting myself, i book.......

well, have to wait for it to be available but you know what i mean..

You're not losing your marbles....you updated w/ DHS on the Disney trip report board... ;)

That's okay...I'll take an update wherever I can! :teeth:

btw...I think the YOAMD banners every 10 steps is a little much...takes away from the ToT view..imo anyway :rolleyes:

You sound like you have full days when you are there....
:thumbsup2

I'll preface this installment by saying today was another day we didn’t take many pictures … sorry!!

Now on with the show … :happytv:

Arriving at Universal, since we had a bit of time before needing to be at Finnegans for the Stay and Scream, we decided we would check out the construction of Harry Potter Island at IOA before heading to the Studios. When we had been down in May, construction was just starting to be visible, so we were anxious to see how much had been completed since our visit.

IMG_0734.jpg

IMG_0736.jpg

IMG_0738.jpg

IMG_0739.jpg

IMG_0740.jpg

IMG_0743.jpg

IMG_0744.jpg

After taking our pictures and lollygagging around IOA for a while, we finally headed over to Finnegans … We think Fnnegans is the perfect place for a Stay and Scream. You have somewhere to sit, access to food and cold beverages, and entertainment to keep you busy. :thumbsup2

Arriving at Finnegans, we were lucky to get the two armchairs by the end of the bar …

IMG_0750.jpg

We had planned to meet up with Mac and a few of our fellow DISers/Vaulters/CSWers so we sent Mac a text to let her know where to meet us. While we were waiting for Mac to arrive, LauraBearz recognized us and came over to introduce herself. :wave: Meanwhile Mac had arrived, so we moved over to a table and ordered some food and a few drinks, where we all continued our conversation until it was time to be freed from the Stay and Scream area.

2.gif

We headed out to Delancey Street where we met up with Metro West, inkkognito (& husband), Purseval (& wife & stepson) and Not My Fault! (& husband). Once we were released from the holding area, a couple of the DISers headed their own way, and the rest of us headed off to Creatures, Intersteller Terror, Body Collectors and Scary Tales. By this time, the lines started to back up and since Metro didn’t have an EP that evening, he decided to take off :sad1: but the rest of us continued on with our EPs, and met up with Dark Marauder later that evening :cool1: ... thanks DM for the surprise!.

About this time Mac decided she wanted to see the Rocky Horror tribute, and Laurabearz decided she had enough and was heading back to her resort, so we headed over to Monsters Café to take a load off and grab a bite to eat until the Rocky Horror was finished. It was about 10:30ish when we met back up with the gang … and as we were getting tired ourselves (from our busy last few days no doubt), we said our goodnights and went our separate ways :wave:

It was definitely a great night and thanks to Laurabearz for being the highlight of our night with her blood bag adventures ;)

Up next … Epcot, rain and drinks with good friends …
8.gif

Once again, thanks for the new chapter.:thumbsup2 I'm looking forward to the next one!

It was definitely a great night and thanks to Laurabearz for being the highlight of our night with her blood bag adventures ;)

Blood bag adventures? My interest is peaked! Is this a story you can tell or will I have to get it from Laurabearz?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter